Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 10:45 AM

263 posts, read 798,006 times

Advertisements

HI! We live in Cherokee county, specifically the town of Woodstock. We really like this town! We live close enough to go anywhere but far enough where we don't have high crime and high taxes! Now would be an extremely good time to invest in Woodstock since we are growing. We have a lot of nice neighborhoods and our school system has consistently been ranked high. We have been very happy with the school system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2008, 10:30 AM

8 posts, read 24,539 times
Hi There. The southside, Newnan, Fayetteville, Peachtree City is an easy commute to Atlanta. It really depends where in Atlanta your husband will be working. I too am a transplant from Cali. They say the traffic is worse or the same as L.A. Noooo Way! Who ever reports that has never been to L.A. We bought our first house in Sharpsburg, Coweta county and made an excellent choice. My husband works at the airport. 25 minutes door to door!

Last edited by Keeper; 02-29-2008 at 06:20 AM.. Reason: removed realtor advertising

Old 02-27-2008, 01:10 PM

4 posts, read 6,682 times
Peachtree City,Ga......... Fayette County schools r 3rd rated in the Ga. school district..............Go to Peachtree City, Ga.com Well known for Golf Cart Trails big time. We r right off 85. Do a mapquest and put in Peachtree City as the starting address and then put in the other address as your husbands work........ Good Luck

Old 02-27-2008, 01:12 PM

Hey Karen we think alike............. A woman was asking what was the best place to live and u and I told her the same area I just seen your message to her after I posted mine. I'm new to the area here in Peachtree City and can't find a job. Do u know anyone hiring? By the way, I told her about the Golf Cart trails.

Old 02-27-2008, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunn7 View Post
Fayette County (Fayetteville, Peachtree City) has great schools. Fayette County is south of ATL. We just moved here from IL and love it!
Hi, I read u live in my area and i'm new here, do u know anyone hiring?

Old 02-28-2008, 06:47 AM

273 posts, read 1,755,262 times
I'll put in my two cents - Suwanee is very nice. It is Gwinnett County. The schools are great. Crime is low. There is plenty of diversity - people from many different countries. It is considered a more upscale area, but coming from CA I imagine you would find the housing to be very reasonable. There is a seasonal farmer's market at the town park. Shopping and restaurants are near and there are plenty of activities for families.

Most importantly, where in Atlanta is your husband's job located? It can take a loooong time to get across the city, so you want to live on the same side as the job.

Old 03-12-2008, 05:20 PM

4 posts, read 14,446 times
Great schools in Fayetteville, GA
Teach special education in the school system here. Awesome program!
Retiring school teacher and also looking to sell our home and downsize. Email me if interested in more information.
oglesbee.sara@fcboe.org

Last edited by Sara Oglesbee; 03-12-2008 at 05:20 PM.. Reason: adding email

Old 03-13-2008, 11:12 AM

2 posts, read 4,250 times
I'm in the same boat. I may be moving to North Augusta, GA and I keep hearing how BAD it is there. The internet only coats the real info. If you find anything, please let me know. I may be moving soon with my son (age 10) and my boyfriend (with my dog). Looking for a safe area that has a nice school system.

Old 03-14-2008, 08:27 PM

23,462 posts, read 44,083,751 times
You mentioned that you have a child with special needs, as do I...I was told by a psychologist that worked with her that Forsyth County (Cumming) was the best school system to be in if you were trying to work with these circumstances.
Why?
Mainly, I'm told, because the people moving in there are accustomed to more sophisticated school systems that offer special needs programs and expect it here.

Old 03-15-2008, 05:14 AM

1 posts, read 1,560 times
Check into Roswell....featured a couple of years ago on Oprah as a "great place to live."
Wonderful park/recreation system, good schools, diversity, but still the small town Georgia feeling! I am a little bias as I was born and raised here!!! But I am on this forum because my husband just got transferred to Dallas, Texas and I am researching myself. Good Luck to you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia