Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 12:29 AM

11 posts, read 53,423 times

Advertisements

Hi--

My husband and I are considering a move to the Canton area and particularly like Woodmont. However, we notice that there are 63 homes just in that development that are on the market. That sounds like an awful lot of houses for sale. It seems like the other developments in the area have the same situation.

We know there is a housing slump right now, but is there anything else we should know before "biting the bullet"?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2007, 08:00 AM

136 posts, read 478,161 times
I had to move from Canton a few years back due to drug addicts, crime and no law enforcement - don't know if it's changed since then.

Old 09-24-2007, 11:42 PM

11 posts, read 53,423 times
Wow---That's interesting. I have done a lot of internet research and didn't come up with that. Thanks for the heads up.

Old 09-25-2007, 07:18 AM

17 posts, read 68,966 times
clssmith15 - where did you move to....we are looking to move from NJ and are having trouble finding a low crime area. We were looking at Alpharetta and Cumming. I saw a news special about the gang problem in Forsyth County. Does Alpharetta border on a bad area? We have children and I don't want to have to deal with them not being able to go to certain areas of town. We live in a really nice area with no real crime for miles and I am trying to replicate that in Georgia, but I am having trouble doing so.

Old 09-25-2007, 08:57 AM

I was living in Canton. I have lived in 4-5 locations in the metro Atlanta area and only had a problem in Canton. Alpharetta is a nice area. Some of it does border on Forsyth County. My mom and my sister and her family live on the Alpharetta/Roswell border and law enforcement seems much better there than in other areas. Most towns have their bad areas but crime does seem to be random in the south. It doesn't matter what area... Some areas to have better law enforcement than others and this does seem to make some difference.

Old 09-25-2007, 09:53 AM

6 posts, read 49,482 times
Mary, clsmith15 is the only one who didn't like Canton. And he posting his negative comments everywhere he/she see word "Canton".

Old 09-25-2007, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilihor View Post
And he posting his negative comments everywhere he/she see word "Canton".
That is not true. People are asking for opinions. I had negative experiences in Canton and therefore have a negative opinion about Canton. Is it better to lie to people who are asking for information?

Old 09-25-2007, 02:31 PM

100 posts, read 425,735 times
gee i was thinking of bridgemiil or great sky. looks like i'll stay in fl. i don't need to move into problems i feel sad about that i was looking forward to a move .tks for being honest.

Old 09-25-2007, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillynilly View Post
gee i was thinking of bridgemiil or great sky. looks like i'll stay in fl. i don't need to move into problems i feel sad about that i was looking forward to a move .tks for being honest.
You will probably be fine in Bridgemill or Great Sky. Those are high end subdivisions with a lot of money invested in them and probably don't have white trash living in them. There was an incident a little while back where kids were hanging out in a vacant house in Bridgehill during a school break and trashed the house but nothing violent and the damage was to property, not people or animals. If you have kids you will need to keep an eye on who they hang out with because that white trash element is abundant in Canton but I don't think you will find it in those two subdivisions.

Old 09-26-2007, 09:55 AM

100 posts, read 425,735 times
Thanks for the info . I come again and check it out . Do you know anything about around vickey in cummings
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia