Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 04:30 PM

7 posts, read 23,057 times

Advertisements

Hey, I can understand there are a few people who want to keep a good thing to themselves. It's human nature. But c'mon, Georgia's a pretty big state and we have room at the table for plenty more of you guys from Florida. One of the things I hear regularly from people who have moved or are in the process of moving from Florida is that the Newnan area offers lots of promise because it is not already at saturation point with regards to population. It's on a growth trend, and you can still afford to get a nice place here and not worry about your kids going to the worst schools in the state (out of 159 counties, Coweta schools are typically ranked in the top 20.) All of the major stores / restaurants have taken notice, investing lots of money and are giving us some really fine shopping and dining options. So go ahead, come to the country without worrying about being stuck in the BOONDOCKS! Feel free to email me if you want more information about the area or if you'd like for me to try to hook you up with some of the people I know who have made the move from Florida. --Jackie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2006, 10:09 PM

12 posts, read 56,660 times
Well ,if you ask me I think you will enjoy Columbus Ga because they have thousands of shopping centers its just a wholsome city,but i mean it depends on what you are looking for but if your looking for a city that has everything you could possibly want Columbus is your city,go check it out,in fact i think you should google it!

Old 12-28-2006, 06:48 PM

6 posts, read 32,052 times
What part of Georgia Are you looking into?

Old 12-28-2006, 09:12 PM

233 posts, read 1,223,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedstorm View Post
Well ,if you ask me I think you will enjoy Columbus Ga because they have thousands of shopping centers its just a wholsome city,but i mean it depends on what you are looking for but if your looking for a city that has everything you could possibly want Columbus is your city,go check it out,in fact i think you should google it!
We lived in Columbus for 2 1/2 years. It was nice. Everyone seemed nice there. I liked the fact that there was lots of shopping but not too many people. We are in the Savannah area now. It has grown on me. I still don't like the downtown traffic. We live out in the suburbs where there aren't that many shops or restaurants. I like it because there's less traffic and safer though.

Old 12-28-2006, 10:43 PM

38 posts, read 199,093 times
we are moving from jupiter fl. my sis moved to ga, and she says she will never come back to fl, unless to visit. my other sis moved to nc. and she loves it. i was raised in wis. and since 1981 lived here in fl. all over. broward and palm bch. it sucks here. we have a cleaning business here and the people treat us like ,,crap. no respect. what happen to thank you, and please, and friends???????????????????????????we are out of here too....where to go
?

Old 01-01-2007, 04:19 PM

4 posts, read 19,746 times
Default Taxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Is homeowners insurance and property taxes really that high down in South Florida? We live in North Florida (Amelia Island) I just got my new homeowner's insurance bill and it's less than $900 and my property insurance is less than $2,000 and we live right on the marsh. I feel fortunate.
I have a 50'x100' lot on Amelia Island, no water front and my taxes are $1500, what am I doing wrong here?

Old 01-03-2007, 08:28 AM

1 posts, read 2,646 times
Default First year teacher from Miami looking to move to Stockbridge

My husband and I were just at our friend's home and we fell in love with it. We actually saw some homes for sale for a fraction of what it costs to live in Miami. In all reality, it seems that we could never be able to purchase our first home in Miami.

I have heard of many teachers leaving Miami Dade County Public School System to work in surrounding states. I heard that teachers in Georgia make $15,000 more annually. Which counties are the best in education? How can I verify the starting treacher salaries?

Thanks!

Old 01-03-2007, 09:48 AM
GP2

81 posts, read 998,266 times
Best schools around the middle Georgia area are Monroe County schools and Houston county schools...both are excellent. You can google the boards of education for each county to find out about pay...

Old 01-04-2007, 05:45 AM

88 posts, read 490,097 times
I too am thinking of moving to GA. I hear people talking about taxes (family members). We are in South FL and boy as it changed for the past 22 years. I recently drove to Atlanta in the Gwinnett/Fulton counties areas. I hear that they have very good schools and I have double checked on the internet. The area is so beautiful there and very quiet. It is true what they say about the traffic, but that should not even be an issue...Think about palmetto/turnpike/i-95 in rush hour time or accident time?

A Floridian that owns a house in the $300's in FLA can buy a beautiful house in GA for half the price in a good neighborhood and invest the rest in REstate.

I say, MOVE!

Old 01-04-2007, 11:54 AM

1 posts, read 2,649 times
Hi Christine. I completely understand. My family and I live in Hollywood but we plan on moving to NC in the summer '08. I use to live in Longboat Key years ago. I love the west coast much more than the east coast. Where in GA are you moving to? Good luck with the move!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia