Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2015, 06:56 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,621,220 times

Advertisements

I believe it's a fair question. When you ride around in the south you see a church on every corner.
When you see this your first thought is being pestered about your religion. I know that I'm generalizing but with all those churches in the south that does come to mind with most outsiders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2015, 07:22 AM

5,901 posts, read 3,789,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyonpa View Post
You will get "Invites" to visit there Church or Invites to activities at their (Or other) churches in the area.

If you are in the cabin communities, You are with alot more Transplants, Weekenders from Atlanta Metro area. Honestly I don't think you will get many what church do you go to questions.

As for the "Invites" thank them for the offer politely and move on to another topic.
I don't believe this to be true, I live about 2 hours from Atlanta in SC foothills and "religion" is EVERYWHERE. You most definitely will get "What church do you attend" questions and there will be some very aggressive Christians trying to convert you or take you to church. It's possible to live here as an atheist because I do it everyday but that is not something I have control over at this time. Even when they know you are not religious some people will be relentless in their pursuit of you and your soul.

You may find yourself in a region where like FlyonPa said, has more transplants from other places and that may be okay but if you go into suburbia you're most likely going to encounter this. And don't forget the church people who go around from door to door.....you will get that too. Good luck.

Old 03-19-2015, 07:35 AM

5,901 posts, read 3,789,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipkl07 View Post
Yet you can't take the time to read where they are from in the first place.
Yep it's those kind of posts full of ignorance and all sorts of grammar errors that make the people in the South look bad. Being asked what church you go to is the least of your worries with people like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia