Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 09:42 PM

2 posts, read 9,934 times

Advertisements

I am a single parent wanting to relocate to Georgia. I have three small kids all under the age of 4years old. I work in the medical field as a certified nursing assistant. I would like to know if anyone could tell me of any safe areas to look for an apartment for and to work. Anyone with any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2007, 01:48 AM
JLA

627 posts, read 2,186,334 times
Which city or area of the state would you like to live?

Old 04-26-2007, 06:31 AM

1,372 posts, read 5,209,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winter25princess View Post
I am a single parent wanting to relocate to Georgia. I have three small kids all under the age of 4years old. I work in the medical field as a certified nursing assistant. I would like to know if anyone could tell me of any safe areas to look for an apartment for and to work. Anyone with any suggestions?
how much are you willing to pay for rent?

Old 04-26-2007, 09:15 AM

1 posts, read 4,991 times
Default response to Georgia

Thomasville,Georgia is a beautiful place to live, wish I was still there.
The weather is perfect, far enough away from the storms. Very reasonably priced homes, low taxes, shopping close by....good schools.
low crime in that area, very friendly people.
we had to leave due to health issues in the family or we would still be there!
watch out for a lot of allergies due to the pine trees and mold.
hope you can handle the humidity!
chack it out on the web...it's known as the Rose city.
hope this helps you

Old 04-26-2007, 11:16 AM

1,517 posts, read 6,737,128 times
I'd look for an apartment around Dunwoody if you're headed to Atlanta. Plenty of stuff can be found online at apartments.com. My cousin lives in a great complex right off of Ashford Dunwoody Road. Most of the complexes have pools, some with playgrounds, fitness centers, secured parking and a concierge. 'Pill Hill' is very close by with major hospitals and doctors' offices in one area off of Peachtree Dunwoody. Malls are great, schools good and lots of kids.

Old 04-27-2007, 01:58 AM

3 posts, read 13,407 times
Athens is a good place to look, 2 hospitals always in need of more staff, cheap rent and good wages for the area, I live here so I guess I'm partial to it

Old 05-04-2007, 04:18 AM

43 posts, read 198,138 times
Metro Augusta is GA's medical center & most urban city outside of Atlanta

Old 05-08-2007, 09:34 AM

2 posts, read 9,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasdjklfjalsdjaslkdjkls View Post
Athens is a good place to look, 2 hospitals always in need of more staff, cheap rent and good wages for the area, I live here so I guess I'm partial to it
What are the names of the Hospitals. I heard that Athens was a really nice place to live. Are there any good schools there?

Old 05-08-2007, 11:55 AM

39 posts, read 394,245 times
I'd suggest the Augusta area, but not Augusta itself. The cost of living is among the lowest in the country and it has a huge medical community. I moved here from Michigan 14 years ago and it was a wonderful move. I would specifically look for a place to live in Evans, Martinez or North Augusta. You'll find plenty of housing in Evans and Martinez, while in North Augusta housing costs a bit more and is harder to find if you are wanting to rent. I personally would not live in Augusta-Richmond County if at all possible. Over the time that I have been here I've lived in Columbia, Richmond and Aiken County, so I feel that I can say that from personal experience. Good luck to you!

Old 01-09-2008, 09:12 AM

5 posts, read 9,883 times
why not the augusta area. I am thinking of moving there in March
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia