Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2006, 07:18 AM

90 posts, read 412,607 times

Advertisements

Can someone give me some insight into Northeast Cobb ? I was looking around the Sprayberry/Lassiter area this weekend and I was suprised that I didn't see more stores/shopping plazas. I saw sporadic places here or there but no area with a large shopping district. Granted I only followed the directions from my GPS unit so I didn't get a chance to really explore. I believe I went 75 North to the 5-spur and then followed that to Gordy Pkwy.

I'm asking becuase I don't want to have to drive really far to go to Publix, Target etc. I'd like to live in a rather developed part of the County. Can anyone let me know if there is this kind of shopping near the Lassiter/Sprayberry area or am I going to have to drive 20 minutes. Most of the stores that I've researched online say the TownCentre area in Kennesaw... is this as close as it gets ?

THANKS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2006, 03:38 PM

722 posts, read 3,316,211 times
Northeast Cobb is a very developed and upscale area so I have a hard time believing that you didn't see a lot of retail. It's out there, I promise you. Johnson Ferry is a big shopping road and you're close to The Avenue at East Cobb-which has great upscale stores. You're about 15 minutes away from The Mall in Kennesaw and about 20-25 from Perimiter Mall. You will be moving into a pretty developed area.

Old 11-08-2006, 07:16 AM

ok good! I was getting scared there for a minute. I guess I just didn't hit the retail area on my house search. thanks!

Old 11-08-2006, 12:52 PM

426 posts, read 2,322,205 times
East Cobb is a great place to live. This is because of the ratio of upscale homes in the area, the high performing schools, and the abundance of shopping one can do within minutes of their home. Northeast Cobb in the disticts you are referring to has three Publix's. Two are on Sandy Plains Road and one is on Shallowford Road. Also you can find an abundance of shopping in the traditional core of East Cobb along Johnson Ferry or Roswell Roads. In addition to that, your location in NE Cobb will put you in close proximity to many other great shopping and dining options in Roswell which is only about 10 to 15 minutes away from most parts of NE Cobb. You will be moving to a great location where you can enjoy suburban tranquility and still have everything you need to live a convienent lifestyle within a few short miles of where you will live. Lassiter is a better school than Sprayberry and the homes in the areas are more upscale on the whole. I suggest the Mabry Road of the Lassiter Distict. Not only does it offer you a great secluded location but many of the subdivisions have exquisite views of Atlanta and the North Georgia Mountains.

Old 11-08-2006, 08:22 PM

Thanks stvincent... hmm could you actually be from stvincent? How excitng to have other carribeans in the area. The road that you mentioned sounds really nice... though most likely out of my price range. The houses in that area are not cheap at all! Its a toss up really. I mean the idea of moving to GA was to buy a more affordable house.. for those prices I could stay in Fort Lauderdale

Old 11-10-2006, 07:02 PM

11 posts, read 49,595 times
Default Have you considered the other side of the county?

We are in NW Cobb county, and in our subdivision we have excellent schools (right up there with East Cobb), we are optimally situated for shopping Avenues West Cobb (down the street ~10 minutes) and new Super Target, Super Walmart on 41 at Mars Hill is just 7 minutes away. Housing prices are also a lot more reasonable than East Cobb. Are you looking for new or resale?

HTH,
Jennifer

Last edited by xxman777; 11-10-2006 at 09:06 PM.. Reason: No Advertising Please
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia