U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Georgia or Louisiana?
Georgia 23 88.46%
Louisiana 3 11.54%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 11:34 AM

9 posts, read 11,164 times

Advertisements

Based on the following criteria:

1. Weather
2. Crime
3. Nature
4. Hunting and Fishing Areas
5. Quality of Festivals
6. Hospitality
7. Cost of living
8. Culture

GO!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2015, 01:02 PM

6,610 posts, read 7,347,007 times
Georgia by far...in every category.

Old 05-05-2015, 02:53 PM

515 posts, read 514,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
Georgia by far...in every category.
I second that.

Old 05-05-2015, 02:56 PM

4,515 posts, read 7,647,003 times
Spoiler alert: Georgia will win because you posted this in the Georgia forum. Duhhhhhhhhh!

Why not post this in a less biased forum? Like, say, General U.S?

Old 05-05-2015, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingImport View Post
Spoiler alert: Georgia will win because you posted this in the Georgia forum. Duhhhhhhhhh!

Why not post this in a less biased forum? Like, say, General U.S?
I think that's the point.

Old 05-05-2015, 06:03 PM

4,763 posts, read 3,974,947 times
I hate being in Louisiana. Had to drive through it to get back and forth from Texas the past 4-5 years. Hate it hate hate it.
Roads are in miserable condition. Is much hotter and more humid.
Louisiana might be better for fishing (maybe hunting) as it has a lot of wetlands and rivers that you have to go south GA for and even then it might not be the same.
Louisiana has no mountains. Georgia's topography is much more interesting.
The cajun culture is unique and New Orleans is a known party destination but you can't party every day. For overall quality of life Georgia is better.

Oh also, Louisiana is home to 2 of the top cities for murders: Baton Rouge and New Orleans

Old 05-05-2015, 08:16 PM

4,515 posts, read 7,647,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedimenjerry View Post
I hate being in Louisiana. Had to drive through it to get back and forth from Texas the past 4-5 years. Hate it hate hate it.
Roads are in miserable condition. Is much hotter and more humid.
Louisiana might be better for fishing (maybe hunting) as it has a lot of wetlands and rivers that you have to go south GA for and even then it might not be the same.
Louisiana has no mountains. Georgia's topography is much more interesting.
The cajun culture is unique and New Orleans is a known party destination but you can't party every day. For overall quality of life Georgia is better.

Oh also, Louisiana is home to 2 of the top cities for murders: Baton Rouge and New Orleans
Agreed. I haven't ever been a fan of Louisiana myself. I always called it the armpit of the nation..

Yes, there are areas worth visiting, but I would never live there. Just my opinion.

Old 05-05-2015, 08:45 PM

134 posts, read 148,214 times
New Orleans is really unique and interesting, and has great food and a fun party scene. It's a great place to visit for a long weekend, but I'd never want to live there or anywhere else in Louisiana for many reasons - career opportunities, topography, school quality, crime rates, infrastructure.

Old 05-06-2015, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpk1292000 View Post
New Orleans is really unique and interesting, and has great food and a fun party scene. It's a great place to visit for a long weekend, but I'd never want to live there or anywhere else in Louisiana for many reasons - career opportunities, topography, school quality, crime rates, infrastructure.
I like the festivals around Atlanta (and GA) better than Mardi Gras and some of the others in NO - which to me is just mostly an excuse to get drunk and fall down. I prefer an adult festival with less trash and crime, like Dogwood or Inman Park or Pride.

Old 05-07-2015, 05:48 AM

13,708 posts, read 18,072,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpk1292000 View Post
DID YOU KNOW?

Louisiana had a higher murder rate than any other U.S. state in 2012 (10.8 murders per 100,000) which marked the 24th consecutive year (1989–2012) that Louisiana has recorded the highest per-capita murder rate among U.S. states.

Louisiana is also the only state with an average annual per capita murder rate (14.0 per 100,000) at least twice as high as the U.S. average annual (6.7 per 100,000) during that period according to Bureau of Justice Statistics from FBI Uniform Crime Reports.

Louisiana is the most corrupt state in the United States.

Louisiana is the prison capital of the world, because of its many for-profit/Sheriff owned prisons.

Louisiana's incarceration rate is nearly five times Iran's, 13 times China's and 20 times Germany's.

Louisiana residents receive $1.78 in federal funding for every $1 of federal taxes paid, 4th highest nationally.

Louisiana ranks among the five deadliest states for debris/litter-caused vehicle accidents per total number of registered vehicles and population size. Figures derived from the NTSHA show at least 25 persons in Louisiana were killed per year in motor vehicle collisions with non-fixed objects, including debris, dumped litter, animals and their carcasses.

Louisiana's coastline is among the fastest-disappearing areas in the world, with a land mass the size of 30 football fields being lost every day. It's the worst ecological disaster in US history -- and completely man-made.

AND THEN THERE IS THIS:

Six Flags, New Orleans, LA - Revisited | Abandoned USA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or