U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 02:42 PM

1 posts, read 4,415 times

Advertisements

Were looking to move to georgia ,My Husband and I .
I have been looking at Ringgold for some time does any one know a little about the town our maybe know a quiet little town in Georgia close to the Mountains ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2006, 08:16 PM

Location: Georgia.I rather be in GODS country Tennessee.Everybody knows Gods a VOLS fan.
597 posts, read 1,958,131 times
All I know about Ringgold is that alot of couples go there to get married.One of those quick "I do" marriages type of things.

Old 12-14-2006, 08:09 PM

6 posts, read 57,140 times
My family and I moved to Ringgold in 2000 and love it. We have put down our roots and planted ourselves firmly here. My hubby works in Chattanooga but that was just not the place we wanted to raise our children. He has a short commute (15 min) to work in downtown Chattanooga and our children get to attend really great schools and grow up "in the country" where no one complains about their noise and I don't have to worry about them every second they are out of my sight.

Old 12-21-2006, 06:01 PM

10 posts, read 42,864 times
Default ringgold

My wife was born here and I came from Pittsbugh to Orlando almost 30 yrs ago.My has it changed.Most of us that complain about Florida 2006 have made a good living thru the growth.We are not rich by any stretch,but luck has it we sold 2 homes this year despite the "market".Now you can rent a 350k -500k home for 1500. to 2000 per month w/ lawn.(new).So were renting a beautful home and was thinking of building a new home in Seminole County,Fl.That before we went to visit relatives that live in Ringgold in the Windstone subdivision.Three days later,our last day there we bought a beautiful home on a hill with a million dollar view!Closed in two weeks and are homeowners in ga.Can't wait to just hang out and meet new friends.So we"ll continue to rent here and visit there when we can and until we're squezzed out.WE did find out about airline flights from Orlando to Chattanooga were extremly cheap!You can fly out of the Sanford Airport here to Chatt. for as little as 19.00-49.00 one way. Check out Allegiant flights.Flying up 1st of Jan to set place up.So far everyone has been great.

Old 12-21-2006, 06:31 PM

238 posts, read 616,635 times
We moved from Tampa to Dawsonville near the mountains in July absoulutely gorgeous area. Live about 1/2 way between Dawsonville and Dahlonega and really like the cost of living alot less than Florida. If you need any further info you can PM me. Hope this helps.

Old 04-12-2007, 03:20 PM

1 posts, read 4,349 times
Default relocating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark My Word View Post
We moved from Tampa to Dawsonville near the mountains in July absoulutely gorgeous area. Live about 1/2 way between Dawsonville and Dahlonega and really like the cost of living alot less than Florida. If you need any further info you can PM me. Hope this helps.
Hi there, we live around the Tampa Bay area and would like to find a home town in northern Ga. We've been looking into the Ellijay area, but could you tell me more about your area. Housing prices, community, things to do? Maybe how it compares to other areas in northern GA. Thanks in advance.

Old 04-13-2007, 11:01 AM

15 posts, read 96,367 times
Default Response for November 28

I moved from Homestead, FL to Blairsville Georgia. We absolutely love it!

You can get a great deal on a home right now. $200,000 to $250,000 will get you a beautiful home. Many former Floridians live in this area, and that makes it a little more "cosmopolitan" of a small town

What do you like to do?. Do you enjoy hiking? boating? bird watching? fishing? antiquing? taking day trips to small towns?

Blairsville has a top-rated rural hospital, grest schools and a lovely way of life!
Feel free to contact me if you would like more info about Ellijay, Blue Ridge or Blairsville.

Sharron

Old 04-13-2007, 12:04 PM

N28 We moved here last June to escape the Florida outrageous prices. I guess you could say we were blind to how many things are actually cheaper here than in FL. The scenary is gorgeous, the towns are small, freindly, shopping is good, major mall is in dawsonville with over 400 shops all the ones you would find in a mall in FL. the fishing, camping, outdoor activities are excellent. the traffic is great compared to FL in the dahlonega/dawsonville area, but when you get closer to ATL lookout baby 4 seasons, 7 inches of snow this year really cool. The housing prices range from $140k for a 1800 sq ft home new w/basement to 400k. Some of the less expensive homes are really nice though. Ours was only $180, but would cost more than $350 in FL buy for the same design or materials. I feel bad when I get my electric bill, I feel like I should send more in, it is so little compared to the whoppers we paid in FL. the H/O is really ridiculous low too, $439 full coverage for the entire year on our house (I used to pay that in electric per month in FL.). Schools are good. The mentality of some persons will really drive you nuts If you have to work around these parts be careful about saying the "F" word (Florida) too much the further you get from ATL is you have to get a job plan on carrying the King James along with you and don't speak your mind like you did in FL. It is really not that bad but sometimes you will see it. Remember you will be in a new place so leave those things in FL and you will be fine unless you find more FL transplants people like us who live here and It can be just like old times. The place is great you will love it we do everything is awesome come on up to move or visit. I hope this helps.

Old 07-10-2007, 03:07 PM

6 posts, read 14,170 times
we moved from Florida as well, the WPB area, for the same reasons - high cost of living. We live between Dawsonville & Dahlonega, and absolutely LOVE it here. The small town atmosphere and the friendly people, not to mention the breathtaking surroundings. Its also a much better place to raise children. We bought a house for 170k with 1.5 acres, truly something that would go for well over 350k in Florida. This is the best move we could have ever made.

Old 07-11-2007, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TINKERBELL View Post
we moved from Florida as well, the WPB area, for the same reasons - high cost of living. We live between Dawsonville & Dahlonega, and absolutely LOVE it here. The small town atmosphere and the friendly people, not to mention the breathtaking surroundings. Its also a much better place to raise children. We bought a house for 170k with 1.5 acres, truly something that would go for well over 350k in Florida. This is the best move we could have ever made.
Hey TB you must be right near us were in the greenwood park sub ( we moved from tampa last year) where are you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or