U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2008, 10:08 AM

345 posts, read 402,204 times

Advertisements

Calley. Georgia boy. US soldier who led the slaughter of a great many helpless Vietnamese men, women and children. Bayoneted them. Had them perform despicable sexual acts before they were killed. Mothers trembled in fear as their babies were butchered. In response Nixon claimed received mail 100 to 1 in favor of complete exoneration of the perpetrators. American justice not served. The disgrace of Nixon is well documented. How can a nation preach on high to the rest of the world about ethics when they too are so corrupt?

"No nation is immune from acts of horrible cruelty and injustice, but honorable nations bring perpetrators to justice, lest they be unjust nations."

More on this piece of excrement here:

Found: The monster of the My Lai massacre| News | This is London

Last edited by Ria Rhodes; 01-19-2008 at 10:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2008, 05:14 PM

767 posts, read 2,065,780 times
Calley graduated from high school in Miami; he attended Miami Edison High School. After high school, Calley attended Palm Beach Junior College for one school year from 1963 to 1964
Georgia boy???????

Old 01-21-2008, 01:14 PM

You are absolutely correct about his Miami background. I knew that before I posted. Although not a born and bred Georgian like the ex-President, Calley has spent so much time in GA since his Army days that he qualifies as one of theirs by now, although given a choice I don't think Georgia, or any other state would want him living within their borders. Murders, thieves, child molesters - no state wants them, but they got to live somewhere when they're not locked up.

Old 01-21-2008, 02:35 PM

9,124 posts, read 33,541,041 times
And what, exactly, is the point of your posts?

Old 01-22-2008, 08:08 AM

483 posts, read 1,948,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria Rhodes View Post
You are absolutely correct about his Miami background. I knew that before I posted.
You also knew this is ancient history, and there's not a damn thing you or anyone else can do about it at this late date. News flash: Nixon is still dead.

But I bet you are totally IGNORING all the bad things that are happening RIGHT NOW, aren't you? It's so much easier to rant about something that happened before most of us were born.

Old 01-23-2008, 10:17 AM

"And what, exactly, is the point of your posts?"

I grew up around the time of Vietnam, and the event had a profound affect on me. I recently read an article about a movie based on events of this incidence. My father was a vet, my brother was a vet, an uncle was a vet, and I was a vet. Most vets I know were good people - that said, I felt a strong need to remind those coming up about what the sick and evil can do to harm a great nations image in the eyes of the world. No black and white point if that's what you prefer.

"You also knew this is ancient history, and there's not a damn thing you or anyone else can do about it at this late date"

I don't agree. "Those who don't learn from history.."(you know the rest). Revisiting events of the past educates those in the present.

"But I bet you are totally IGNORING all the bad things that are happening RIGHT NOW, aren't you?"

I could do more. That's for sure. I do donate time working with developmentally disabled adults, I work with the Lion's Club, I give a % of my income every year to UNICEF/Doctors w/o Borders/ACS. I also volunteer periodically at a local hospice. I'm a vet who saw bad things and am compelled to share my experiences with the young. That said, I admit to a tendency to be a bit of a provocateur.

Be well and do good work in whatever you do.

Old 01-23-2008, 05:45 PM

Quote:
". Most vets I know were good people -.
Most Georgia boys are good people.

Old 01-25-2008, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccarley View Post
Most Georgia boys are good people.
I agree (based on my limited experiences in areas north of Atlanta), although it seemed to me like three out of four residents were transplants from outside Georgia (a similar observance as in other areas of the US when location is near a large city).

Old 01-25-2008, 09:37 AM

Quote:
three out of four residents were transplants from outside Georgia .
Now tie that statement to your original comment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia