Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 06:29 PM

2 posts, read 7,832 times

Advertisements

I don't know why the administrators closed the thread. Albany has all the problems of a very small town (lack of good restaurants, cultural activities, museums) and none of the benefits (pride in city, good schools, neighborly feel). It has all the problems of a big city (VERY high crime, both violent and non; traffic, corruption, antiquated racial tension, unsafe schools) and none of the good (numerous musical activities, art shows, fine restaurants, amazing shopping etc.). This is certainly insulting to those from Albany, but this is a direct quote from people who are from there. They also like to say: "Albany is a great place to be FROM." Unfortunately, that isn't even true. If you have to work there you should live in Lee County or even Thomasville, if you can stand the commute. If you have to live there, work out of town. Albany and Dothan, AL are frequently on "worst places to live" polls. They are because of what's previously mentioned. If you've never lived anywhere else, you don't know better. If you have lived in nearly any other American or European city, you'll hate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2015, 08:41 PM

124 posts, read 206,383 times
I have personally never been to albany ga but just heard it was a bad place to live. Im not racist but no means but was told it was mostly ran by blacks and that the crime was way above the average rate and poverty is bad too. That's just what I heard rumors of don't know how true it is. I would like to visit albany ga someday just to see what it would feel like and im obsessed by georgia cities and what they look like and what their downtown look like. Every city has it's crime issues just some cities crime is way above the average. Columbus ga and macon ga are similiar to albany ga as far as crime goes. Albany ga, Columbus ga, macon ga have bad crime.

Old 06-16-2015, 02:36 PM

5,485 posts, read 8,317,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusgametro View Post
I have personally never been to albany ga but just heard it was a bad place to live. Im not racist but no means but was told it was mostly ran by blacks and that the crime was way above the average rate and poverty is bad too. That's just what I heard rumors of don't know how true it is. I would like to visit albany ga someday just to see what it would feel like and im obsessed by georgia cities and what they look like and what their downtown look like. Every city has it's crime issues just some cities crime is way above the average. Columbus ga and macon ga are similiar to albany ga as far as crime goes. Albany ga, Columbus ga, macon ga have bad crime.
Hmmm. So black automatically means poor and high in crime? Really? I must say that's offensive. I'm black and do very well for myself and have a clean record.

Old 06-16-2015, 03:24 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,441,486 times
It's not that bad. LOL

Old 06-16-2015, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcliffe View Post
Hmmm. So black automatically means poor and high in crime? Really? I must say that's offensive. I'm black and do very well for myself and have a clean record.
Im not saying all black people due crime and live in poverty. But black people here in america out of all the races are highly likely too live in poverty and that also goes for the crime. You can go to every police department in every city here in america and they will tell you that 80 percent of the time the crimes that are commited are commited by black males it's realty. Im not racist by know means but it's not hard to figure out what race commits the crimes most of the time. I have several black friends and im white I hang out with them and I also go with them too their hood once in a while so I see what goes down and they accept me so im not racist. Im just making the point that some blacks don't have too live in poverty and live a fifthy life there's a better way out of it. But sometimes I ask myself that maybe some blacks just want to live in poverty I don't know why. This black males have got to stop commiting these crimes there the one's who are making this country such a bad place to live.

Last edited by columbusgametro; 06-16-2015 at 04:08 PM..

Old 06-16-2015, 05:18 PM

1,388 posts, read 2,255,101 times
Quote:
No, it doesn't. In large numbers...it does however. I cannot think of one....not one single majority black city in America that does not have higher than average crime. Now I am not saying all black people or even most are criminals...far from it, but ignoring the fact that an overwhelming majority of black cities in America are infested with high crime does not allow us to address the problem. My city of Macon is 54% black but the violent crime in this city is caused by (more than 90%) black males--hence our high crime rate. I bet the same is true in Albany, Columbus, Savannah, Atlanta, and nearly every other southern city. I am so sick of people implying racism when that was not the intent. Give it a rest. You cannot address an issue until you admit the truth. There is a serious issue involving young black males and crime in this country...and then when someone points out this glaring obvious fact some go straight for the race card...that is BS.

Last edited by midgeorgiaman; 06-16-2015 at 05:41 PM..

Old 06-16-2015, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgeorgiaman View Post
No, it doesn't. In large numbers...it does however. I cannot think of one....not one single majority black city in America that does not have higher than average crime. That is a fact. Now I am not saying all black people or even most are criminals...far from it, but ignoring the fact that an overwhelming majority of black cities in America are infested with high crime does not allow us to address the problem. I am so sick of people implying racism when that was not the intent. Give it a rest. You cannot address an issue until you admit the truth. There is a serious issue involving young black males and crime in this country...and then when someone points out this glaring obvious fact you go straight for the race card...that is BS.

If you are offended...perhaps you should relax and not take things that are truthful so personally.
As I said. I'm black. Clean record. Live in an area low in crime. Income is pretty good. This stereotype is what I have to go through. Last post on this.

Old 06-16-2015, 05:43 PM

1,388 posts, read 2,255,101 times
Quote:
As I said. I'm black. Clean record. Live in an area low in crime. Income is pretty good. This stereotype is what I have to go through. Last post on this.
And Columbusmetro nor anyone else ever implied otherwise so...and as far as overcoming stereotypes...big whoop. I am gay and dont walk around in a leather thong with a lisp. There are hardworking obese people deemed lazy by many...there are good looking blond women who are intelligent and could outsmart the best....there are tons of stereotypes that people overcome...

last post it is.

Old 06-16-2015, 06:23 PM

Quote:
And Columbusmetro nor anyone else ever implied otherwise so...and as far as overcoming stereotypes...big whoop. I am gay and dont walk around in a leather thong with a lisp. There are hardworking obese people deemed lazy by many...there are good looking blond women who are intelligent and could outsmart the best....there are tons of stereotypes that people overcome...

last post it is.
I gotcha. You're right. I wish I knew the answer to the problem, but I don't.

Old 06-16-2015, 07:25 PM

Quote:
No, it doesn't. In large numbers...it does however. I cannot think of one....not one single majority black city in America that does not have higher than average crime. Now I am not saying all black people or even most are criminals...far from it, but ignoring the fact that an overwhelming majority of black cities in America are infested with high crime does not allow us to address the problem. My city of Macon is 54% black but the violent crime in this city is caused by (more than 90%) black males--hence our high crime rate. I bet the same is true in Albany, Columbus, Savannah, Atlanta, and nearly every other southern city. I am so sick of people implying racism when that was not the intent. Give it a rest. You cannot address an issue until you admit the truth. There is a serious issue involving young black males and crime in this country...and then when someone points out this glaring obvious fact some go straight for the race card...that is BS.
I agree with you on this thanks for making this point. Im know racist person and far from it and have alot of black friends and a black person would bend backwards for me and do anything to help me before a white person would. but they need to admit their race is the major cause of crime in this country. Don't get me wrong with me being white if our white race was commiting most of the crimes I would confess and agree that my race was the major cause there's know shame.But the black people are different and get very offended by it and won't confess because they think when we bring it up that were being racist in some kind of way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia