Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 08:21 PM

2 posts, read 10,601 times

Advertisements

I have checked the statistics but i would like to know from peoples experience that live in this area. I would like to know from people who have or is currently living in Union City, Ga in the area code of 30291. (Union City, Georgia 30291) Is there a lot of crimes in this specific area and if so, what kind of crimes? Are there neighboring cities that are not safe? If so what are they? Overall is it a safe place to live in? Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2015, 10:26 AM

1,073 posts, read 1,530,696 times
Union City has its ups and downs
I would not consider it a crime filled city
Currently making a comeback
Our old Mall closed about two years ago
developers claimed the land now
This land will be rebuilt into a movie/ TV studio and warehouse
Revenue is soon to rise in the city
Downtown Union city is home to a police station, regional jail, and courthouse (railroad)
downtown is also known for the Green Manor Buffet
Closer to I-85 is our convenience district, Kroger and Walmart dominate that area
also dominating the area is the Union City Auto Mall
Stake and Shake was recently built near Walmart prior to the movie studio construction
Union City neighbors Fairburn Georgia which is home to history
Fairburn also houses Oz Pizza a few bakery stores and a Food Depot
The largest subdivision in Union City is Oakley Township
Oakley township has history of a couple of crimes but is in fact not dangerous
the crimes included domestic issues and a few break-ins(Teenagers)
Living in the city for more than 10 years I would not consider it dangerous

Old 07-02-2015, 10:32 AM

1,073 posts, read 1,530,696 times
We live in Oakley Township
People who enjoy shopping will often drive 8 miles southeast to Fayetteville
which is home to a shopping Pavilion
Pavilion includes- Khol's, JC Penny, Belk, Target, Home Depot, and Many other shopping stores
North of Union City is College Park, avoid that area, its much closer to Atlanta
College Park is what I would consider a "Wanna be" hood city, teenagers can be trouble in that area
The exit after Union City will take you to Fairburn (Senoia Rd)
This Road/Highway will take you to Tyrone and Peachtree City(much safer areas)
10 miles south is Newnan, also home to an outdoor mall

Old 07-02-2015, 08:41 PM

4,209 posts, read 4,741,829 times
For more info please post in the Atlanta Forum.
//www.city-data.com/forum/atlanta/

Old 09-26-2015, 11:24 PM

3 posts, read 25,960 times
I live in Oakley Township and had the luck of being burglarized a few weeks ago. I am the third house on my street to be broken into and the Fulton County Police take at the minimum 1 hour to respond to a 911 call. We live in Union City but don't receive Union City services as far as cops are concerned.

Old 09-27-2015, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbone971 View Post
I live in Oakley Township and had the luck of being burglarized a few weeks ago. I am the third house on my street to be broken into and the Fulton County Police take at the minimum 1 hour to respond to a 911 call. We live in Union City but don't receive Union City services as far as cops are concerned.
Oakley Township isn't in the city limits of Union City.

Old 10-05-2015, 06:12 AM

6 posts, read 11,709 times
And I just thought about moving here ... Now that is not really want to move here ...

Old 10-11-2015, 07:18 PM

It's "Unincorporated Fulton County/ Unincorporated Union City. We address our mail as Union City. We're just outside the city line. But we are considered Union City Unincorporated.

Old 10-11-2015, 07:20 PM

Find a area where police have enough staff and actually care about the citizens. Not to scare you away, but just speaking the truth. If I knew then what I know now, I wouldn't have purchased a home here.

Old 10-14-2015, 02:08 PM

Fulton county does suck with police presence. They don't even enforce traffic laws, people are always driving crazy in Fulton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia