Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 03:03 PM

21 posts, read 67,268 times

Advertisements

I Live On A Dirt Road In Florida And Like It That Way Because I Love To See The Idiots From Miami Up Here Scouting For Property Ruining Their Sports Cars On My Road Not To Mention They Have To Race To The Car Wash. If You Think Their Bad In Ellijay You Should Hear How Much Better Everything Is Up North About 100 X A Day. The Floridians Like Us Want What We Had Back Thats Why We Are Going To Georgia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2007, 03:08 PM

1,418 posts, read 10,159,741 times
Quote:
but watchout developers are looking at Clayton and even yall will be like oh no hear comes more people up from Florida.
Yep, Clayton is going through the same thing. The one good thing for now is that it has lots of Forest land that can't be developed.........for now, anyway. God bless the founding families that still value their land and value their town. I've got a lot of respect and admiration for the ones that are preserving the area for the next generations of their families.

Old 01-30-2007, 03:34 PM

89 posts, read 120,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hacholly View Post
I Live On A Dirt Road In Florida And Like It That Way Because I Love To See The Idiots From Miami Up Here Scouting For Property Ruining Their Sports Cars On My Road Not To Mention They Have To Race To The Car Wash. If You Think Their Bad In Ellijay You Should Hear How Much Better Everything Is Up North About 100 X A Day. The Floridians Like Us Want What We Had Back Thats Why We Are Going To Georgia
Its funny I work with a lady who lived in western New York and she moved to Florida and because of how much of a hell hole Floridas became she moved here because she had family here. She told me that she understands how the people around here feel and right when she got here she got Georgia tags. She says that northeners love to move to Florida but constanly brag about up north and how everythings better..that would really **** me off If I was a Floridian. It sounds like yall actually understand how the locals feel and just want a nice place in the country were you dont have to speak spanish and put up with load mouth Yanks. I have some good freinds in western New York and they tell me why Florida gets so many crappy Northeners. They say that New York has to dump their crap down somewhere and since the state of Floridas basicaly now a human toilet bowl what better place. So Yall are used to the crap that the north doesnt want back.

Old 01-30-2007, 04:43 PM

1,418 posts, read 10,159,741 times
Hacholly, sounds like you're an old Florida boy like me. I grew up on a little road completely surrounded by orange groves. There was nothing but groves for miles. I didn't even know what a Cuban or Purerto Rican was until I was in high school. No one spoke spanish, even the migrant workers that picked oranges weren't spanish - mostly negros and some white drunks, though.

All the New Yorkers stayed in Miami, they never ventured outside of that area. I remember as a kid going to Miami once, thinking that it was just a bunch of mean old grouchy men and women with leathery tanned skin waddling around. Couldn't figure out why anyone would go there, there weren't even any waves to play in down there - just crotchety old people everywhere.

But for the citrus freezes and Disney World, Central Florida would still be cattle country and grove land. There are some places in Florida that haven't changed much, but there's no jobs there and unless you are retired or rich, you just can't afford to live there. When I get ready to throw in the towel, I think I'll get out of Central Florida, but buy me a little vacation cabin on some land in Yankee Town, just so I don't totally give up my Family's Florida heritage. It's the one place in Florida where you won't find any Yankees.

Old 01-31-2007, 09:08 AM

21 posts, read 67,268 times
Wow Prichard good guess. The best thing you can do countryboy is mapquest a view of cape coral florida and port st. lucie fl and force your county or city commissioners to look at it these were small towns just 30 years ago see what they think about developments then. Then tell them how the developers bring in all their own people to build and use no local labor thats great for the economy

Old 01-31-2007, 03:06 PM

89 posts, read 120,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hacholly View Post
Wow Prichard good guess. The best thing you can do countryboy is mapquest a view of cape coral florida and port st. lucie fl and force your county or city commissioners to look at it these were small towns just 30 years ago see what they think about developments then. Then tell them how the developers bring in all their own people to build and use no local labor thats great for the economy
Itss funny you talk about local labor. They tell us this growth is good for us and will provide jobs but it really doesnt in the long term sense. I see way to many workers and contractors from florida and ohio coming here. I needed some work done the other day so I called a number I saw. The truck pulls up and has New York Yankees front licence plate with Florida tags . I told them to hit the road and they asked why..I told them I wasnt using any dang workers from Florida especially ones with a New York Yankee licence plate. I would rather hire locals

Old 12-17-2007, 07:34 PM

3 posts, read 7,938 times
native of the blueridge mountains there right bout the icestorms not had none in over 20 years all these towns got about the same ups and downs although blueridge seems to be center of atl. ash.chatt. big towns were one might need to go also local builder,and can do rent t o own properties so you can see how u like the area before you buy if you need anything just email mountaintrace2006@yahoo.com or call 1 706 897 2452 josh h.
familar with all the towns mentioned thanks

Old 01-21-2009, 11:37 AM

4 posts, read 11,990 times
Hi
I live in Ellijay, GA and have since 1998. I am a teacher here and absolutly love this area. No hustle & bustle like the larger cities. It is a small town atmosphere but have added some great places to make Ellijay a place people want to live. Our schools are great; we have wonderful restaurants; wonderful churches; lots of antique stores and so many things to do in the outdoors. Come visit, you'll love it too!

dianne

Old 01-21-2009, 11:41 AM

I must disagree with you. My husband is a realtor and there are some houses that are overpriced, but not now with the market the way it is. And of the 11 years I have lived here, there has been 1 ice storm.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:46 AM

I am neither a homosexual or weekend warrior and I love Ellijay. It is a homy town. Overdeveloped? I don't think so. We finally got a bowling alley... if that is overdeveloped then excuse me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia