Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2008, 01:01 AM

594 posts, read 3,436,633 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2008, 01:04 AM

Default this is the river center in columbus georgia beyonce knowels made a movie here called fighting tempations

Old 02-14-2008, 01:09 AM

Default this is the river center in columbus georgia beyonce knowels made a movie here called fighting tempations

Old 02-14-2008, 01:22 AM

Default this is the river center in downtown columbus georgia beyonce knowels made a movie here called tempations

Old 02-14-2008, 01:35 AM

Default this is the inside of the river center in downtown columbus georgia

http://www.georgia.org/NR/rdonlyres/3486718A-3EA6-45D9-8291-21D1BB0840E0/0/columbus_river_center_lg.jpg (broken link)

Old 02-14-2008, 01:46 AM

Default here is downtown columbus georgia from in the sky

Old 02-14-2008, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerocal View Post
Mayor plans to add 13,300 people to the city of with his Proposal includes annexing 26 square miles into Macon city limits-"MAYOR REICHERT ANNOUNCES PLAN TO DOUBLE MACON IN SIZE"

Mayor plans to add 13,300 people (broken link)
sorry macon yaw have a long ways before yaw can catch up to columbus georgia the kia plant in our area near columbus georgia got 43 thousand applications that is 12 times twice as that 13,300 people yaw are suppose to get and plus brac that is coming to columbus georgia also is suppose to bring 40 thousand to 45 thousand people to our area they are already starting to make our roads bigger here in columbus and plus we will beat savanah georgia in their population so we will next to augusta georgia

Old 02-14-2008, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerocal View Post
Mayor plans to add 13,300 people to the city of with his Proposal includes annexing 26 square miles into Macon city limits-"MAYOR REICHERT ANNOUNCES PLAN TO DOUBLE MACON IN SIZE"

Mayor plans to add 13,300 people (broken link)
i hate to say this yerocal and im not trying to start anything either but if yaw think yaw can go ahead and try to beat columbus georgia in population but im sorry it is not going to happen it would take yaw years to catch up with columbus georgia the new kia plant that is near columbus georgia had over 43 thousand applications for just that job plus brac is suppose to be coming to columbus georgia also and there is suppose to be 40 thousand to 50 thousand people moving to columbus georgia and they are already starting to make our roads big because of all of them people that is suppose to be coming to columbus georgia and fort benning that is in columbus georgia is the biggest military base in the world but like i said im a really nice person with a great personally and i hope that you are not thinking im bragging or being mean but im not its the truth about it all

Old 02-14-2008, 10:31 AM

726 posts, read 2,818,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam 5 View Post
i hate to say this yerocal and im not trying to start anything either but if yaw think yaw can go ahead and try to beat columbus georgia in population but im sorry it is not going to happen it would take yaw years to catch up with columbus georgia the new kia plant that is near columbus georgia had over 43 thousand applications for just that job plus brac is suppose to be coming to columbus georgia also and there is suppose to be 40 thousand to 50 thousand people moving to columbus georgia and they are already starting to make our roads big because of all of them people that is suppose to be coming to columbus georgia and fort benning that is in columbus georgia is the biggest military base in the world but like i said im a really nice person with a great personally and i hope that you are not thinking im bragging or being mean but im not its the truth about it all
I'm not going to say what things will or wil not do because sometimes i have learned that you can put your foot in your mouth by doing so, we will just have to wait and see what the future brings.... For an example people also never thought that W.Robins a City of 20,000 would grow to have a pop of double that which now has about 56,000 and counting... so i would be careful about things you say cause the way things are going,especially with the goverment and the military they can alter plans at anytime..... Kia is a big projects for that area, but right now there are a lot of companies with their eyes on Macon due to its location,interstates and water supply. Between2005-2007 Macon had over five companies to move plant. warehouse operations to macon or bibb county(Bass pro shops DC, KOHL DC, Sara Lee DC, Kellogg, Nichichi, Tohomo tires, New Larger faculity for MBM a distributor for Chick fil-A, also the huge Brown &williamson plant was sold to a company, but no name has been annouced yet. With Macon New stronger Mayor, I think that he has a lot of plans in store for the city and he also has a lot of support to do so.. He said that his vision is to see Macon become larger than bibb county. i have even heard that some auto makers are also looking at this area as well.... Right now Macon in negotation with alot of companies now trying to get them to move in our area, even some relocating from Atlanta. so we will just have to see what happens in the future..... Oh yeah I notice that you mention road construction, Macon has been reconstructing streets and Rd larger since 2005....and still there are even more proposed.....No i think your not bragging you just want people to know the greater qualities columbus has to offer and so do i about macon, but what get me is when you have posters like peelo trying to de grade Macon and make people think its a big crackhead enfessted hell hole... Because i'm sure columbus,Augusta and Savannah all have there share of proverity and drugs in their city..... keep posting and sharing because thats how we can keep each other updated on the positive growth and developments in our cities...

Old 02-14-2008, 10:40 AM

726 posts, read 2,818,558 times
Oh yeah, If the HJ airport & atlanta decided to choose Macon for the 2nd airport and state and DOT can ever get the Commuter rail project under way i'm sure we will see alot more growth from atlanta.... Right Macon has a huge amounts of retail/commerical and residential growth around Macon-WR Metro...thats one the reasons for Macon and W. Robins city limits expantions....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia