Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 01:58 PM

383 posts, read 717,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerocal View Post
this boostism you claim i made No Sir this comes for the developers reseach of Market for the New Mall in Macon.... so you tell them to cut the boostism because they are the one stated the facts.....
Jim Wilson and Associates, Inc. (http://www.jwamalls.com/properties.aspx?id=111 - broken link)

Read this buddy.....
According the evaluation from developers "Macon serves as the center of industry, medicine, higher education and retail sales for a 22 county trade area. This area, with a population of more than 612,000, provides a broad, strong market for local business and industry." like i said previously alot you guys need to read and do your research before you run you mouth about something you know nothing about...... thats so irratating to see someone look so inerrate... about Facts.... I can't help that Macon serves a hub for central Ga......and for me to boost Macon doesn't make me rich so why waste the time....
Exactly my point trade area and metro area are two diffrent things. Augusta trade area is over 1.5 million people. The facts are WR doesn't need macon so it became its own metro area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2008, 02:08 PM

Quote:
thank you it seem that some of these guys are in denial of this fact....
Nice try but disgusta lives in washington D.C.

And hasn't been to augusta in over 10 to 15 years. I don't know if he has been in macon recently. My guess is no though

Old 02-05-2008, 02:12 PM

726 posts, read 2,809,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peelo View Post
LOL.....Yerocal, if you have a Masters, please use it so someone can actually know what you are trying to say without having to decipher through your poor English.

Let me just say this.....I am a developer/investor, and I have made good money at it. You dont make good money at it by not knowing what you are talking about. The crime statistics are on this site ( I think they may even be on this thread) for the cities mentioned. I`m not trying to make any town look bad...my point is simple...Macon cannot hold a candle to the POTENTIAL and GROWTH of Columbus,Augusta and Savannah. Bottom line. Right now, from an investment perspective, the true hot spots are the Brunswick area, NORTH Monroe county, and Columbus. Reguardless of what either of you want to believe, Macon is not on that list, and the VACANT residential developments prove that. Even the developers who are stupid enough to offer "lease to purchase" and other gimmicks to attract less than desirable purchasers,are still losing out. You can whine and cry all you want, but that is the truth.
Also, Mayor, Please know that there are MANY people in both Dublin and Warner Robins who dont step foot in Macon. So I will say it again....WR nor Dublin NEEDS Macon. Who cares if Oprah visited...LOL...she didnt invest there did she??LOL What about Obama?? Did he buy into what a great place Macon is and put his money there? I think not...LOL

Dont hate because of the truth!!!!! Oh yeah...and what "War with words" are you talking about??
Evidently you understood exactly what i was saying you had enough sense and where able to response....... I will not fed into any more of your irrnogance and unsupportive and negative comments on Macon. Most of the people who live in WR don't step foot in Macon is is because there are old , lame or just don't a have a sense of need only to what is bound in WR..... And when we typed these comments in these forums i didnt we were graded on spelling, grammar or subject verb tense, Genuis...

Old 02-05-2008, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoeboy View Post
Uh bibb county only has 154,000 people. If it had 229,000 it would be the 2nd largest county outside of atlanta.

Chatham 240,000

Richmond 195,000

Muscogee 188,000

Bibb 154,0000
No he was not saying that bibb county had 229,000 people he said that people on this forum acted as if Macon's Metro consisted of only bibb and this is pop for macon's metro pop which is in correct..... The Macon MSA (population 476,954) some of the counties included are Bibb, Houston, Jones, Peach, crawford, Monroe and Twiggs Counties. Others counties that feed from Macon Metro is Baldwin, Bleckley, Dodge, Dooly, Hancock, Johnson, Laurens, Macon, Pulaski, Telfair, Treutlen, Washington, Wheeler, Wilkinson, and Wilcox Counties.

Old 02-05-2008, 02:43 PM

Quote:
No he was not saying that bibb county had 229,000 people he said that people on this forum acted as if Macon's Metro consisted of only bibb and this is pop for macon's metro pop which is in correct..... The Macon MSA (population 476,954) some of the counties included are Bibb, Houston, Jones, Peach, crawford, Monroe and Twiggs Counties. Others counties that feed from Macon Metro is Baldwin, Bleckley, Dodge, Dooly, Hancock, Johnson, Laurens, Macon, Pulaski, Telfair, Treutlen, Washington, Wheeler, Wilkinson, and Wilcox Counties.
Ok but as of 2006 macon msa is only 229,000 and CSA 381,801

1. Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Marietta, GA MSA 5,138,223

2. Augusta-Richmond County, GA-SC MSA 523,249

3. Savannah, GA MSA 320,013

4. Columbus, GA-AL MSA 288,847

5. Macon, GA MSA 229,326

CSA

1. Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Gainesville, GA-AL CSA 5,478,667

2. Augusta-Richmond County, GA-SC MSA 523,249

3. Columbus-Auburn-Opelika, GA-AL CSA 437,222

4. Savannah-Hinesville-Fort Stewart, GA CSA 394,036

5. Macon-Warner Robins-Fort Valley, GA CSA 381,801

Old 02-05-2008, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Everybody is in agreement that all the 2nd tier cities are growing at a good rate. But when is the last time you visited augusta yerocal. Because I seriously doubt macon or any other 2nd tier city has as much construction going on or planned for this year like augusta. None of those cities have a kroc center and a baseball multi-use facility going up in their downtown this year.

Atlanta developers are buying augusta property up like hot cakes. You must thought i was joking when i said augusta has over 400 condos going up in downtown this year. Ask mayor of macon when he visits augusta in april this year what he saw. Because he is staying off stevens creek road where tons of hotels are being built and alot of the road work on I-20 is taken place. Right beside the marriot by courtyard there is a sheraton, and hilton garden inn going up next door.

Oh and about augusta shine Cal Ripken Jr is behind the baseball stadium going up in downtown augusta. And it april this year augusta will have more tourist in one week than macon, or columbus gets for a entire year.
The reason you doubt it because you have the lack knowledge and not researching these area before you post, because the reason Macon is not building thses things because they already has a baseball stadium downtown Macon and alots of condo DT. Also Developers from atlanta has bought over 3 blocks of Macon DT to redevelop into condo, Macon has 2 high rise condo planned for downtown, A high rise New Marriot hotel DT and a huge Apartments development DT.... Not only that, lots hotels are still bring built along 475 and 75 exits in Macon, 4-5 new hotels has been planned for the 75/bass rd area. Additionally both 475/75 splits are being reworked larger to from a perimeter around the city and the DOT has planned to reconstruct the 75/16 spaghetti juntion split which will be the larger intersecton of this kind outside of atlanta.... Right now Macon has over 7 million sq ft of retail being developed in North, south and NW Macon including a New 750-800,000 mall in North Macon.... You say that atlanta developers are buying land in Augusta, not like there buying it in North Macon/bibb and monroe county. Also the Macon in 200-07 Macon has had 5 new Companies and DC to build in Macon area SARA LEE, BASS PRo, KOHLS, NICHISHI, TOMO Tires KELLOGG and ACADEMY SPORTS and more planned new development 2008... research macon development before you post please.....

Old 02-05-2008, 02:46 PM

913 posts, read 2,973,053 times
Quote:
And it april this year augusta will have more tourist in one week than macon, or columbus gets for a entire year.
Are you kidding? So you are saying that 1,000,000 people will visit Augusta in a weekend? Columbus has 1,000,000 visitors per year. There is no way in HELL 1,000,000 people will visit Augusta in a 3-4 day period.

Old 02-05-2008, 02:48 PM

913 posts, read 2,973,053 times
Quote:
The reason you doubt it because you have the lack knowledge and not researching these area before you post, because the reason Macon is not building thses things because they already has a baseball stadium downtown Macon and alots of condo DT. Also Developers from atlanta has bought over 3 blocks of Macon DT to redevelop into condo, Macon has 2 high rise condo planned for downtown, A high rise New Marriot hotel DT and a huge Apartments development DT.... Not only that, lots hotels are still bring built along 475 and 75 exits in Macon, 4-5 new hotels has been planned for the 75/bass rd area. Additionally both 475/75 splits are being reworked larger to from a perimeter around the city and the DOT has planned to reconstruct the 75/16 spaghetti juntion split which will be the larger intersecton of this kind outside of atlanta.... Right now Macon has over 7 million sq ft of retail being developed in North, south and NW Macon including a New 750-800,000 mall in North Macon.... You say that atlanta developers are buying land in Augusta, not like there buying it in North Macon/bibb and monroe county. Also the Macon in 200-07 Macon has had 5 new Companies and DC to build in Macon area SARA LEE, BASS PRo, KOHLS, NICHISHI, TOMO Tires KELLOGG and ACADEMY SPORTS and more planned new development 2008... research macon development before you post please.....
Dude you are on crack. There probably isn't 7 million sq. ft. of retail in all of Macon, Georgia let alone new construction.

Old 02-05-2008, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLCOL1 View Post
Dude you are on crack. There probably isn't 7 million sq. ft. of retail in all of Macon, Georgia let alone new construction.
Dude research please before you post bashing comment and stop making your self look like a fool....with thses comments...

Old 02-05-2008, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLCOL1 View Post
Are you kidding? So you are saying that 1,000,000 people will visit Augusta in a weekend? Columbus has 1,000,000 visitors per year. There is no way in HELL 1,000,000 people will visit Augusta in a 3-4 day period.
Exactly the master's brings over 1.5 million people for 1 week. People start to arrive in augusta the wkend before the monday when the masters practice rounds start. The final wkend that saturday and sunday is when all the action starts for the masters. Macon, and columbus don't even get 2 million visitors all year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia