Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2015, 12:59 PM

199 posts, read 302,868 times

Advertisements

So I did thread like about month ago, talk about moving to Georgia Tech, am 18 year old and next year am heading to college, but want to live to outside of Atlanta, is which counties should I move to? Cause literally I don't want to live any counties there pretty ghetto, and losing populations. Here my list Fulton county, Clayton County, DeKalb County, GA. I don't want to live somewhere that is far away too. Please (RESPECT) my sentence please that's my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2015, 02:16 PM

5 posts, read 6,969 times
wish i could help..

Old 12-15-2015, 02:28 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,954,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNGAnderson View Post
So I did thread like about month ago, talk about moving to Georgia Tech, am 18 year old and next year am heading to college, but want to live to outside of Atlanta, is which counties should I move to? Cause literally I don't want to live any counties there pretty ghetto, and losing populations. Here my list Fulton county, Clayton County, DeKalb County, GA. I don't want to live somewhere that is far away too. Please (RESPECT) my sentence please that's my opinion.
This thread? //www.city-data.com/forum/georg...tlanta-ga.html

Have you actually been accepted to GA Tech? Based on your writing skills, I doubt it. But, just in case, there is a wealth of information on available off campus housing. And a lot of recommendations against doing so, at least as a freshman:
Housing - GT Wiki

Will you have a car?

Old 12-15-2015, 04:40 PM

4,690 posts, read 10,420,226 times
Nothing like putting an end to the Best part of college (the social aspect) before even starting. And that's EXACTLY what living off-campus does.

How do I know? I went from on-campus my first year to off my 2nd year and the social aspect essentially evaporated to nothing.

The education is secondary.. you can get the same (or better) at the cheapest local community college. It's the same coursework out of the same books... the information learned isn't different. Same goes for finishing out a degree at the Cheapest university one can find. What you gain by picking a 'big name' college is the networking. Who you know... and that will be no-one if you live off-campus.

Don't do it man. Stupid decision (and most colleges won't allow it unless you're staying with family and they are within a certain distance of the school).

Old 12-15-2015, 04:49 PM

10,396 posts, read 11,500,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNGAnderson View Post

The extremely severe traffic congestion and the severe lack of existing regional transit options would make it extremely difficult to commute between Georgia Tech's campus and the type of areas you would like to live in which are typically somewhat very geographically far-flung in relation to the Atlanta metropolitan area.

In addition to the extremely severe traffic congestion and severe lack of existing regional transit options making it extremely difficult to commute to and from Georgia Tech's campus, another problem that you might run into trying to live in an outlying area that is not "ghetto" would be an increasingly severe lack of housing in, around and throughout the Atlanta metropolitan area due to a changing real estate market in which many people who were once qualified to buy a house now being barely qualified to rent in the continuing aftermath of the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression.

If you do not want to live in an area that is "ghetto" while attending school at Georgia Tech in Atlanta (a city/metro area with a very-large cluster of poverty and crime), my advice to you is to NOT to move to Atlanta to attend school at Georgia Tech, but to instead very strongly consider attending school in a much smaller and much less urban community where poverty and crime may not be as much of a concern.

Old 12-16-2015, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
This thread? //www.city-data.com/forum/georg...tlanta-ga.html

Have you actually been accepted to GA Tech? Based on your writing skills, I doubt it. But, just in case, there is a wealth of information on available off campus housing. And a lot of recommendations against doing so, at least as a freshman:
Housing - GT Wiki

Will you have a car?
Yes course I have a car LOL, and I was accepted too.

Old 12-16-2015, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_M View Post
Nothing like putting an end to the Best part of college (the social aspect) before even starting. And that's EXACTLY what living off-campus does.

How do I know? I went from on-campus my first year to off my 2nd year and the social aspect essentially evaporated to nothing.

The education is secondary.. you can get the same (or better) at the cheapest local community college. It's the same coursework out of the same books... the information learned isn't different. Same goes for finishing out a degree at the Cheapest university one can find. What you gain by picking a 'big name' college is the networking. Who you know... and that will be no-one if you live off-campus.

Don't do it man. Stupid decision (and most colleges won't allow it unless you're staying with family and they are within a certain distance of the school).
If you go the other thread I was talking about making my decision it was University of Maryland unknown as Washington D.C. and Georgia Tech as Atlanta. But it my decision I feel sorry for your thing, but you might not know I like there or not. And mostly my family is in Cincinnati, Ohio and Paris, KY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia