Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 08:52 AM

32,019 posts, read 36,759,555 times

Advertisements

I have heard several folks say they support Trump. Even those who may not vote for him like the fact that he is telling them what they want to hear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2016, 09:20 AM

3,006 posts, read 2,627,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
I have heard several folks say they support Trump. Even those who may not vote for him like the fact that he is telling them what they want to hear.
One guy who gave me his unsolicited praise of Trump told me "he's saying what we're all thinking." Frightening, if this turns out to be true.

Old 01-03-2016, 10:46 AM

4,768 posts, read 5,435,368 times
Trump is simple appealing to irrational self interest because people refuse to be intelligent about real issues. Didn't school teach you must have sources for your statements.

Old 01-03-2016, 10:52 AM

37,875 posts, read 41,890,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Where have you been for the last seven years?
Either you completely misunderstood what his point is or you're trolling.

Old 01-03-2016, 12:47 PM

121 posts, read 109,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post
Trump is simple appealing to irrational self interest because people refuse to be intelligent about real issues. Didn't school teach you must have sources for your statements.
Exactly people just don't want to talk about serious issues with this country like immigration that discussion has been going on for decades

Old 01-03-2016, 02:35 PM

23,438 posts, read 44,044,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atler8 View Post
The rise of Trump as a serious candidate in so many ways symbolizes developments that prompt my growing regret & apprehension over the demise of the republican party. It's hard to imagine that today's republican party could have any connection whatsoever to it's historical past & the kind of man/leader/president that Eisenhower was. Whew! What a dramatic fall-off from reality-based ideas & governance that party has suffered!
The republican party of today is dominated by politicians & media types who dominate the news cycles as they wet the bed whenever anything nasty happens anywhere in the world. And that's the recipe for over-reaction & irresponsibility on the world stage. I shudder to think of how many foreign entanglements or wars we would have become involved in should the r party have prevailed in 2008 or 2012 and taken the White House. And the present crew crew running for the party nomination doesn't appear to be any more level headed or responsible.
As dick cheney's own personal history reveals, post-2000 the party was led into hard-line foreign policy entanglements pushed by a politician who was happy to take 5 deferments, as in his "I had other priorities in the 1960's than military service" (** see the link below), but who was happy to send OTHER people's children & grand children off to war.
As for Trump & the present political season, have any of you basically sat down & compared back-to-back what passes for the televised debates staged for each parties' candidates? It's like an apples to oranges contrast as to how one debate is like the circus & the other is the one with the adults in the room. Outrage/insult/flame throwing vs. ideas & the debate of them. The r party should do better & America can and will do better in 2016.

** The Chapter That Went Missing From Dick Cheney’s Book | The Nation
Good to see that someone here can fashion a reasoned post without resorting to drive by insults, hysteria and demagoguery. Well done; +1.

Old 01-03-2016, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Either you completely misunderstood what his point is or you're trolling.
I COMPLETELY understood his point. Mine was that the very things he seems to desire in a leader are the very same qualities that have been lacing for the past seven years. And if you wish to respond to my response with the cheap and typical liberal tactic of personal insults and name-calling because l hold a different opinion than you, knock yourself out.

Old 01-03-2016, 06:02 PM

2,099 posts, read 2,274,543 times
Quote:
I COMPLETELY understood his point. Mine was that the very things he seems to desire in a leader are the very same qualities that have been lacing for the past seven years. And if you wish to respond to my response with the cheap and typical liberal tactic of personal insults and name-calling because l hold a different opinion than you, knock yourself out.
"cheap and typical liberals" isn't a little ironic as a post about name-calling? Are all liberals cheap and using personal insults?

I don't think so. Bernie Sanders has not stooped to that. Nor has Rand Paul. I respect the way they conduct themselves, it is almost of a bygone era.

Old 01-03-2016, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavannahLife View Post
"cheap and typical liberals" isn't a little ironic as a post about name-calling? Are all liberals cheap and using personal insults?

I don't think so. Bernie Sanders has not stooped to that. Nor has Rand Paul. I respect the way they conduct themselves, it is almost of a bygone era.
Ever done any research on the history of politIcal campaigning? These games are nothing new. Politics has never been the provenance of gentlemen.

Old 01-03-2016, 10:51 PM

37,875 posts, read 41,890,328 times
Quote:
You can save the whole "persecuted conservative" act for the politics forum (and to think that conservatives don't engage in personal insults and name-calling is absolutely laughable) because the post you responded to, as well as my own, had absolutely nothing to do with ideology. You may not agree with Obama in terms of policy, but to think that he's not been "a proper statesman and representative of our country on the international level" as cwkimbro stated is absurd and the differences between Trump's tone and the rest of the presidential candidates on either side and our current president, as well as past presidents, is quite striking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
View detailed profiles of: