Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2008, 09:36 AM

14 posts, read 61,576 times

Advertisements

Hello All!

I am moving to Valdosta, GA from NC!

Currently, I'm looking for a job, but hopefully that will fall into place!

Can you all tell me about apartment complexes? Where to stay, and where to avoid?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2008, 06:31 PM

104 posts, read 452,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jballance View Post
Hello All!

I am moving to Valdosta, GA from NC!

Currently, I'm looking for a job, but hopefully that will fall into place!

Can you all tell me about apartment complexes? Where to stay, and where to avoid?

Thanks!
Well hello to you too!
It really depends on why you are moving there, if its for college, I would say any where in Remerton is the place to be........but if your moving there to raise a family I would say, stay as far a way from Remerton as you can, lol!! When I lived there "Spring Chase" was a good apartment complex, if your looking to by a house maybe a little ways out of town is best? It really depends on what your looking for, Valdosta is a nice little town with a good bit to offer.

Old 02-08-2008, 08:29 AM

14 posts, read 61,576 times
Thanks for the advice!

I'm actually moving to be with my b/f who is in the military and is currently stationed at Moody!

So - not only am I trying to find out where the best places to live are, but I'm also looking for a job!

Is anyone else out there having a hard time finding a job in Valdosta?

It's sad to say that I have a college degree and a Masters, and can't find a job!

Old 02-08-2008, 09:01 AM

39 posts, read 146,936 times
Default Job

What is your degree in? My husband has a Masters, but he's a Civil Engineer and that's why we had to move to Atlanta. The only thing he has found is in Tallahassee. You may have to look there. I hate to say it but jobs are pretty limited in South Ga.

Old 02-17-2008, 09:10 PM

445 posts, read 1,682,944 times
Default Moody

Moody has a very active family center. As my son is stationed there, I am on some of the lists and frequently get job postings for either on base or off base. If you would like to direct message me with your email address, I can forward some of those listings your way when I get them.

What unit will your BF be in?

Old 02-20-2008, 08:35 AM

5 posts, read 21,513 times
I am also moving to Valdosta from NC. I currently work in the school system so I am hoping to find employment in the school systems down in Valdosta. My husband is in the military and we have two small children. What are the best places to live to raise a family?

Old 02-20-2008, 09:19 AM

39 posts, read 146,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deebird View Post
I am also moving to Valdosta from NC. I currently work in the school system so I am hoping to find employment in the school systems down in Valdosta. My husband is in the military and we have two small children. What are the best places to live to raise a family?
You shouldn't have a hard time find a job with the school system. Look up Lowdnes County board of education, they usually have their job posting on there. As for raising kids, it depends on what size school system and town you're looking for. I would stay in the Lowndes County high district, it's a good school. Most of the towns in South Ga are pretty small.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia