Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2016, 08:46 AM

2 posts, read 2,008 times

Advertisements

Looking for a nice town in Northeast Georgia. Requirements are: good schools, lots of good paying job opportunities, parks with playgrounds, affordable homes for rent, low crime, plenty to do outdoors, and shopping options.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2016, 08:55 PM

10,392 posts, read 11,478,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkilee1990 View Post
Looking for a nice town in Northeast Georgia. Requirements are: good schools, lots of good paying job opportunities, parks with playgrounds, affordable homes for rent, low crime, plenty to do outdoors, and shopping options.
Sounds like Gainesville most likely may be the best option for you.

Old 04-11-2016, 11:10 AM

2 posts, read 2,008 times
I was leaning towards Dawsonville Ga. Does anyone have an opinion on that for raiding a family?

Old 04-12-2016, 12:30 PM

10,392 posts, read 11,478,434 times
Quote:
I was leaning towards Dawsonville Ga. Does anyone have an opinion on that for raiding a family?
Dawsonville is good.

Good outer-exurban schools.

A large outer-exurban shopping cluster at and around the area of the North Georgia Premium Outlets mall.

Lots of outdoor activities with the area being on the western shores of Lake Lanier and with the area being at the southern end of the Blue Ridge Mountains and home to the southern terminus of the Georgia-Maine Appalachian Trail.

Old 04-13-2016, 06:39 PM

7,582 posts, read 10,763,491 times
Quote:
I can't really offer adequate opinion on schools and family, but for Eastern Dawnson County near GA400...

1) thanks to that outlet mall there is a wide range of suburban amenities for a smaller rural/exurban county. It also brings in jobs and it is more feasible to find more jobs in Forsyth or Gainesville.

and in no small part...

2) Long-term potential is high. It positioned on GA400 where wealthy areas have been growing outward from Atlanta for decades. It is a good direction to be in for long-term investment potential both in terms of social-community and land values for land owners. If you're planning on being in the area long-term I'd by a home on a larger piece of land within a couple miles of GA400 and hope to sell it for a profit in 30 years when I'm done with it.

It is also easy and quick to get Dahlonega.

What I will caution...

We use the term exurban loosely

Dawson County only has about 23,000 people. It isn't exactly a booming town or robust economy and only what you can expect a county of 23k will be. You will find more opportunity/options a bit closer into town, so make sure you weigh the pros and cons of how small of a place/county you want to move to.

We just see positive trajectory going towards the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia