Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2016, 11:30 AM

4 posts, read 2,843 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have recommendations for a good apartment complex in Athens? $650 max for a 1 bedroom. No other specifications really, other than in a very safe, quiet neighborhood. Thank you so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2016, 04:03 PM

35 posts, read 61,604 times
Are you looking at apartments or house rentals like a duplex or something? In terms of apartments there's most places that'll help you with getting a roommate like at Abbey West. There also some duplexes tht may have 1 bedroom options but most of those will have 2 beds. Also if you're trying to move, if possible the best deals for finding a place will be the next couple months in between spring and summer classes at UGA.

Old 04-24-2016, 04:41 AM

10 posts, read 13,538 times
I'm considering the same thing you're looking for moonriver72 for a one BR in the same price range in Athens, and definitely not interested in a roommate situation.

It looks like many of the Athens apartment complexes are geared toward students. I wouldn't mind living around graduate students, but I'm close to retirement and would prefer to live away from the party and noise hub-bub. I have no interest in a retirement community either, and prefer to live with neighbors of all ages.

For anyone that lives in Athens, can you suggest some apartment complex names that are generally not primarily geared toward undergrad students?

Old 04-25-2016, 06:08 PM

4 posts, read 2,843 times
Georgia_bound...Same. I'm fine with grad students, but I'm finding even apartment communities geared completely toward undergrad students!

Old 04-27-2016, 01:51 PM

7,574 posts, read 10,689,607 times
Basically stay away from central Athens and the east side.

Stick to the west side off of the loop and closer to Jennings mill.

You could also rent a condo or a split up home from a local labdlord. Students exist there too, but if you're cautious enough you might find a quieter community.

Old 04-28-2016, 07:06 PM

10 posts, read 13,538 times
Thanks a bunch cwkimbro, that'll help narrow it down. I suppose there's no substitute for driving around which I'll do next trip down to check it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia