Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 05:11 PM

70 posts, read 72,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post
Exactly the last Atlantan from Roswell I talked too, said traffic was the main reason why she moved.
Well I used to try and run from traffic as well...but now it's every where. Even in the small towns are cluttered with traffic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2016, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonta4 View Post
Is there a problem with Turkey or Bulgaria? Istanbul kills any SC or GA city.
Well I've never been to Istanbul. But I've stayed in Gradina, Bulgaria for about a year...and it's pretty rough living there. It's a step down from the United States as well. They don't even have true grocery store in gradina and their roads are horrible and really South Carolina's roads aren't much better. So where would you rather live GA or SC?

Old 05-26-2016, 05:18 PM

I've seen Ga compared with FLA and NC. But when I compare GA vs SC..people get mad.lol...why is that? That's pretty strange!

Old 05-26-2016, 06:58 PM

1,705 posts, read 1,389,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe kenn View Post
Georgia is a better state than South Carolina!! How many of y'all agree with me??? The metro Atlanta is certainly better than Greenville sc. Now I know this is the Atlanta forum but their is not much traffic on Georgia forum.
Well BMW and Boeing put plants in South Carolina. I visited Greenville and it's really a nice place. Greenville's Main Street is everything Atlanta wants Peachtree to be.

Old 05-26-2016, 07:15 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,743,952 times
Put the Carolinas, Florida and Alabama in a blender, and you get Georgia. The Blue Ridge Mountains are like a southward extension of western North Carolina. The Atlanta metropolitan area is like a blend of the Charlotte, Raleigh and Miami metropolitan areas. The rural areas of Georgia east of the Ocmulgee River and south of the Blue Ridge Mountains are like rural South Carolina, and coastal Georgia is like coastal South Carolina. Rural western Georgia down to about Albany is like rural Alabama. South of Albany and west of the Okefenokee Swamp is like a northward extension of the Florida panhandle.

Old 05-27-2016, 07:36 AM

73,008 posts, read 62,598,043 times
For as much as I've criticized Georgia in the past, I'll take Georgia over South Carolina. I've been to South Carolina. Not much of a fan of the state.

Old 05-27-2016, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
For as much as I've criticized Georgia in the past, I'll take Georgia over South Carolina. I've been to South Carolina. Not much of a fan of the state.
Thank you sir...best post of the thread...except for the part you said you have been critical of Georgia. Yep it's damn true...Georgia is a better state than SC. heck everybody a favourite state or city they would rather live. Their are some states some people would never be caught dead in.

Old 05-27-2016, 10:49 AM

10,744 posts, read 13,384,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe kenn View Post
Well then SC is turkey or Bulgaria without Greenville and Charleston
Columbia is a very nice place. The South Carolina coast is lovely. Plenty of neat smaller cities. Why the criticism and comparison? What's the point? Ex-girlfrliend from South Carolina or something? Geez...

Old 05-27-2016, 10:59 AM

9,829 posts, read 7,261,099 times
Georgia is an embarrassing state to live in. We're all about Bible thumping, bigotry, racism, ignorance, inequality, relatively low quality of life, and an aversion to taxes to the direct detriment of our own well-being.

But, we have the Atlanta metro, so that's the only reason why we're slightly more respectable than the other idiotic Deep South states.

Old 05-27-2016, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
Columbia is a very nice place. The South Carolina coast is lovely. Plenty of neat smaller cities. Why the criticism and comparison? What's the point? Ex-girlfrliend from South Carolina or something? Geez...
Columbia is not nice.lol. It's a crack town! I haved lived all over the upstate of SC and I absolutely hate it. Yeah plenty of ex girlfriends here but I'm married now...so I don't give a crap. My point of this thread is I want as many people as that will...just admit that Georgia is a better state than SC. but only so far just one person has admitted it...and that's the green mariner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia