Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2008, 08:20 AM

1 posts, read 2,470 times

Advertisements

Hello All -

My family and I are hoping to relocate by the end of 2008, beginning of 2009. We are visiting GA after hearing so much about how great it is. The places we are looking into are Woodstock and Canton. Our main concern is the schools, we need a school for a hearing impaired child (10 yrs). We presently live in NYC and the school he attends is GREAT! I am also looking at the job situation there, I am in healthcare and my husband is retired. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2008, 08:27 AM

3,972 posts, read 12,659,327 times
Is your child mainstreamed?

Frankly, the services provided by NYC schools are far superior to special ed services in GA....

You really need to research and make sure that the school down here have what you want... they very well may not.

Old 06-27-2008, 03:49 PM

2 posts, read 4,971 times
Default House for sale in Jasper Georgia/School Rec. available

Hi! I have a lovely home for sale in Jasper Georgia. I am relocating....the only reason we are leaving. The home is in a great middle school district...PCMS (check out the website....we received state honors and have great scores and are moving in the right direction.) We are about 20 minutes from Canton.

The home is in a desirable neighborhood that isn't gated. Wonderful....neighbors that keep everything maintained. OUr house will be the only resale since developed in 2004. The house sits on 3+ acres with a small creek. The driveway and yard is level but the side yards slopes. It is in the beginnings of the Applachian mountains but only 10 minutes from the town and school. There is a double garage (large) master on main, family room with stone fireplace, main kitchen and eaet in kitchen, screen porch and deck. There is also a 1/2 bath and laundry on this level and a laundry in basement. The house has a wrap around porch and the master also has a door to the porch. The top level is two large bedrooms, full bath, and a office/reading nook. The basement has an inlaw suite with kitchen that has custom cabinets, dishwasher, microwave, and refrig. and double sink, full bath with custom, tile shower, rec. room. The double doors opens to a covered porch. There is also a storage area. There is a fenced back yard and sodded front yard that is well landscaped. It is just over 4100 sq. feet. Every house in the area is well-kept and maintained. You can view the house and info on Century 21...#3702288... Jasper, GA. $395,000...below appraisal....
I actually have taught in Pickens for 5 years at PCMS and can give you specific info. if you need it on our particular school. Best of Luck...

Old 06-29-2008, 02:44 PM

10 posts, read 34,645 times
Default Bethlehem Georgia

You should check out Bethlehem Georgia. We have lived here for 9 years. The schools are great and our town only has a caution light. We are 20 miles west of Athens (Bulldog Country). The area is beautiful. We are on the Appalachee River.

Cat

Old 07-20-2008, 10:24 AM

1 posts, read 2,381 times
Default Relocating to GA

Hi.. Im a married 27 year old female, 1 child and 1 on the way. lived in NYC all my life. Im looking to move to GA. My husband is in Sales and Im in Human Resources. Can you plzzzzzzzzzzz help me. I would like to move to a city thats not too big and not too small. Im used to the big city, but I would like to live in a quieter area and find a home(rent) big enough for a family.........thank u in advance.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia