Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2016, 10:55 PM

2 posts, read 16,892 times

Advertisements

Hi So on 07/08 I applied for unemployment benefits I went to my local department of labor the lady I didn't qualify. But she said she would request for my current wages and my employer deadline were the last day of July to have that turned in .I read the unemployment booklet that they give you it states that if I don't ceritfy for two weeks I would need to reapply so on 07/29th I reapplied when I finished it said for me to start certifying on Sunday August 7th .. The lady at dol never told me to keep certifying so I didn't . Now I get a letter it states i can get 14 weeks and I call the depart of labor she said oh you should have been ceritfying weekly she said you can only claim the last two week you will loose one week. What I would like to know is could I wait and claim my first week Sunday and not ceritfy on the already appoved claimed since I'm gonna loose a week ? Or should I hurry and ceritfy the two weeks and loose a week . I call my local dol and explain this to the lady she said oh well then just wait and start on the new claim Sunday .i could tell she wasn't too sure spoke with her ..please anyone with any knowledge about this please help
If you can .. I have until tomorrow 12am to either claim the two weeks and loose a week .then let's say I wait until Sunday and they don't use the new claim I
Will them loose two weeks of payment ..or they could reapply my claim and let it start from 08/29 then I wouldn't loose any weeks ?

Last edited by Crystal2977; 08-05-2016 at 11:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia