Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2016, 01:56 PM

32 posts, read 42,420 times

Advertisements

Hello, I'ma college student that is trying to figure out where I want to be and was wanting to know how is living in Dahlonega, GA and if anyone had any knowledge about the university of North Georgia? I'm trying to figure out if I want to move to southern California or move to Dahlonega, GA so the more detail the greater thanks. I currently live in southern Georgia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2016, 12:35 AM

13,709 posts, read 21,775,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malikfree2 View Post
Hello, I'ma college student that is trying to figure out where I want to be and was wanting to know how is living in Dahlonega, GA and if anyone had any knowledge about the university of North Georgia? I'm trying to figure out if I want to move to southern California or move to Dahlonega, GA so the more detail the greater thanks. I currently live in southern Georgia
If you're from South Georgia, move to Dahlonega and go to UNG. You'd get HOPE money and it would be FAR FAR FAR FAR (did I say FAR) less expensive and less of a culture shock than Southern California. Seriously, people in California have no respect or manners when it comes to people from the rural South. They'd hear your accent and immediately label you a hick and a redneck.

Old 12-03-2016, 11:44 AM

Well that's true thanks i think that's what I'ma do I been to a branch of there school before and loved it so thanks again

Old 12-05-2016, 10:31 PM

212 posts, read 237,204 times
Funny I'm finding this post today-I was at UNG this past weekend for an event. Make sure to visit UNG in Dahlonega before you apply-You don't want to wind up in a place that you don't like. It also wouldn't hurt to visit UGA since you may go through Athens coming up to Dahlonega (if you avoid ATL)

Old 12-07-2016, 08:10 PM

Default thanks

I've been on the UNG campus before and it is nice and I may checkout UGA . What was your opinion about UNG?

Old 12-08-2016, 06:05 PM

11 posts, read 12,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malikfree2 View Post
I've been on the UNG campus before and it is nice and I may checkout UGA . What was your opinion about UNG?
UNG is a nice school in a nice town. I definitely do recommend visiting both UNG and UGA. If you get accepted to UGA, definitely go to UGA. Nothing wrong with UNG though. Definitely stay in Georgia over SoCal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia