U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2006, 08:27 PM

1 posts, read 1,610 times

Advertisements

We will be a newly wed couple likely to be living in an apartment or condo, but since my wife will be entering her first year teaching we are wondering about the school systems in Douglas and Paulding counties west of Atlanta. First of all my future wife(May wedding) is doing her student teaching(1st grade) in a school that is 100% free lunch and she's doing fine, but lack of parental support has been hard on her and she feels like a first year teacher shouldn't be responsible for the kids that need veteran teachers the most. She wants to make a difference, but she's looking for more of a middle of the road school. Basically she doesn't require or really desire North Fulton or Peachtree City level schools, but she wants a little less challenge than where she is student teaching to start her career. We both grew up working class in rural Georgia. We don't care if everyone drives a new gas gussler or a BMW. We aren't looking for the "It" place to be. We just want a solid place to start out and possibly stay. I will be a grad student at the University of West Georgia in the fall so I need to be close to I-20(15-20 miles away max), but definately outside of the perimeter. We don't want to live in Carrollton because we have had our fill of college town life. We are both, however, the artsy fartsy types. We are more blue than red politically, but we don't require homgenous political though in our community just tolerence. We're not the birkenstock wearing, clove smoking, save the whales types, but we're kind of freaked out by the religious right types. We're economic moderates, but we very socially liberal. I'm a musician and my future wife is a visual artist. Of course there is plenty to interest us in Atlanta in those areas, but we would like to know our community of residence supported the arts. We're both suckers for "cute" little downtown area shops, restaurants and bars. We went to college in Milledgeville, Ga and we currently reside in Macon, GA. We enjoyed our time in a college town and we're in Macon until my fiancee finishes her student teaching in April. We can't wait to get out to the Atlanta area. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2006, 06:12 AM

673 posts, read 1,082,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtothewestside View Post
We will be a newly wed couple likely to be living in an apartment or condo, but since my wife will be entering her first year teaching we are wondering about the school systems in Douglas and Paulding counties west of Atlanta. First of all my future wife(May wedding) is doing her student teaching(1st grade) in a school that is 100% free lunch and she's doing fine, but lack of parental support has been hard on her and she feels like a first year teacher shouldn't be responsible for the kids that need veteran teachers the most. She wants to make a difference, but she's looking for more of a middle of the road school. Basically she doesn't require or really desire North Fulton or Peachtree City level schools, but she wants a little less challenge than where she is student teaching to start her career. We both grew up working class in rural Georgia. We don't care if everyone drives a new gas gussler or a BMW. We aren't looking for the "It" place to be. We just want a solid place to start out and possibly stay. I will be a grad student at the University of West Georgia in the fall so I need to be close to I-20(15-20 miles away max), but definately outside of the perimeter. We don't want to live in Carrollton because we have had our fill of college town life. We are both, however, the artsy fartsy types. We are more blue than red politically, but we don't require homgenous political though in our community just tolerence. We're not the birkenstock wearing, clove smoking, save the whales types, but we're kind of freaked out by the religious right types. We're economic moderates, but we very socially liberal. I'm a musician and my future wife is a visual artist. Of course there is plenty to interest us in Atlanta in those areas, but we would like to know our community of residence supported the arts. We're both suckers for "cute" little downtown area shops, restaurants and bars. We went to college in Milledgeville, Ga and we currently reside in Macon, GA. We enjoyed our time in a college town and we're in Macon until my fiancee finishes her student teaching in April. We can't wait to get out to the Atlanta area. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
http://www.paulding.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia