Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2016, 01:02 PM

1 posts, read 427 times

Advertisements

I applied for unemployment on 11/27/2016 for reduction of hours because the last full week I worked was the week before thanksgiving and have only worked one day since which was 12/2/2016 for a total of four hours so in all my last two paychecks total at 32 hours in the last 5 weeks...so I had my phone interview with the claims examiner on 12/13/2016 she said im calling because you applied for UI because of a reduction in hours but the employer told her i was only hired for part time and that I asked for a reduction (which I did way back in april because I was doin yard work on the side and taking my disabled mother to the Dr and running her errands) but all of sudden the week of Thanksgiving I was completely off of the schedule with no form of documentation stating why i proceeded to tell her everything that happened and that i was actually applying because they hadnt been putting me on the schedule at all and that on 12/05/2016 I was told I still had my job but my Mgr just isn't putting me on the schedule and that he keeps telling me to call he will write me in but when I call he keeps saying call back he will write me in...so she then asks how many hours had I worked in the last 3 weeks and I told her four and that was the end of the interview a week goes by and I find out that I've been denied and was completely shocked because I don't understand why when I've only worked 4 hours in between 11/20/2016 and today...so I'm going to appeal it and submit my final 2 paystubs as evidence I just want to know my odds of winning the appeal

Last edited by javarigreen; 12-23-2016 at 01:10 PM.. Reason: To add more info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia