Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 12:51 AM

298 posts, read 303,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
There is a yearly fee of 2950 that maintains, gates,roads, 24 HR Emergency Medical unit, fire stations and clubhouse. All amenities you must sign up for on a single basis.

I love the place because they maintain the natural beauty of the area. There are rules against cutting down trees, adding fences and all electrical wires are underground.
Sounds like a wonderful community with lots to offer for the residents
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2017, 01:09 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,140,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicCarFamily View Post
What pest control service would you recommend for carpenter ants in Blairsville?? What do they charge for a monthly service if anyone on forum uses pest control? Are carpenter ants more of a problem in homes with just a crawl space instead of a basement?

Is there a good lawnservice company in Blairsville that anyone has used that is reliable and does quality work? Thanks
We use Fast Action Pest Control. We have them come out in the spring and spray everything... It's a couple hundred (but they do all the house, garage, eaves, and even check for termites out near our wooden retaining walls, etc if we need. We're pleased with the service... They are very busy guys though so I call early (end of Feb.) to get on the list for service. We just do the once a year and don't have any bug/ant problems (basement).

Lawn services.... there's a ton of them. A couple of large services we found were quite overpriced for the amount of work. Most of our property is woods. We found an individual that does ours, does a great job, and only does it when it is needed (about every 10 days or so depending on the weather). You won't have a problem there either...

Old 07-17-2017, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
We use Fast Action Pest Control. We have them come out in the spring and spray everything... It's a couple hundred (but they do all the house, garage, eaves, and even check for termites out near our wooden retaining walls, etc if we need. We're pleased with the service... They are very busy guys though so I call early (end of Feb.) to get on the list for service. We just do the once a year and don't have any bug/ant problems (basement).

Lawn services.... there's a ton of them. A couple of large services we found were quite overpriced for the amount of work. Most of our property is woods. We found an individual that does ours, does a great job, and only does it when it is needed (about every 10 days or so depending on the weather). You won't have a problem there either...
Thanks for the info. What could we expect to pay for 1/2 acre for lawn service? Is there any realtors you would recommend?

Old 07-18-2017, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the info. What could we expect to pay for 1/2 acre for lawn service? Is there any realtors you would recommend?
I'd say your cost is going to depend on several different factors. Terrain, amount of mowing vs. weed eating, push mowing vs. riding, flower bed weeding, blowing debris? Obviously the more labor intensive, the more cost. I'd call a few of the services (the North Ga. News has a bunch of ads and numbers) and get some free estimates. I'd hate to tell you one thing and you find out something completely out of your budget.

Realtors?.... I haven't a clue, I'm sorry. The one we used is no longer selling. I do know that ReMax and Better Homes and Gardens are two of the largest firms in town and the ones I see the most of....

Old 07-28-2017, 11:34 AM

We will have to call lawn service for estimate. What are your opinions of Ellijay?

Old 08-01-2017, 02:46 PM

150 posts, read 481,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tundratess View Post
Thank you so much for the condolences, I am sorry for your loss as well. My poor little dog was also quite old. We miss her terribly but it will certainly be easier to move and possibly rent with just two dogs.

I'm glad to hear September is a good time, although it may end up being October before we lay eyes on the Blue Ridge Mountains. I'm disappointed we couldn't come sooner. I really wanted to experience the worst of the pollen and the worst of the heat/humidity. I also wanted to visit Blue Ridge at the height of the tourism season to see just how crowded it gets. I would hate to fall in love with the area and not be getting the full picture.

It's unfortunate but there is no peak Tourist season in Blue Ridge anymore. Its now on every weekend that Blue Ridge gets mobbed by ugh..Floridians and half of Cobb and Fulton county. It's getting worse every year it seems. The charm is slowly getting robbed and peoples attitudes are getting worse. My buddy whos a Realtor always says he's fine with selling the town out. He always says every mountain top that's getting filled with a home, so are his pockets. I can't blame him really. But really the best part about fall is when the Tourists point their cars south and just "Leaf".

Old 08-11-2017, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTRYFRIED View Post
It's unfortunate but there is no peak Tourist season in Blue Ridge anymore. Its now on every weekend that Blue Ridge gets mobbed by ugh..Floridians and half of Cobb and Fulton county. It's getting worse every year it seems. The charm is slowly getting robbed and peoples attitudes are getting worse. My buddy whos a Realtor always says he's fine with selling the town out. He always says every mountain top that's getting filled with a home, so are his pockets. I can't blame him really. But really the best part about fall is when the Tourists point their cars south and just "Leaf".
What a shame but at least is just weekend tourists. There isn't many jobs with good incomes up in the mountains unless you are in medicine or maybe a realtor . The bulk of jobs are in the atlanta metro area. It seems to be that way everywhere anymore though-crowds and traffic. People trying to escape the big city for a weekend retreat but it takes away the peace and quiet of the residents there and probably disturbs the native wildlife as well. But at least its just weekends and with fall it turns over a new "leaf." Blue Ridge is such a lovely town ") But the tourists do help with the economy though on the weekends.

Old 09-28-2020, 05:08 AM

36 posts, read 44,915 times
Quote:
What a shame but at least is just weekend tourists. There isn't many jobs with good incomes up in the mountains unless you are in medicine or maybe a realtor . The bulk of jobs are in the atlanta metro area. It seems to be that way everywhere anymore though-crowds and traffic. People trying to escape the big city for a weekend retreat but it takes away the peace and quiet of the residents there and probably disturbs the native wildlife as well. But at least its just weekends and with fall it turns over a new "leaf." Blue Ridge is such a lovely town ") But the tourists do help with the economy though on the weekends.

I've enjoyed reading this thread. I'm also looking at relocating to the N GA, WNC region in 2021. Thankfully my job is remote, I just require decent internet to make it work. As of now I'm leaning toward Blairsville due to elevation, maybe Young Harris.

Looking forward to my 3rd trip up there this year in Oct to learn the area more.

Old 09-29-2020, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pej7445 View Post
I've enjoyed reading this thread. I'm also looking at relocating to the N GA, WNC region in 2021. Thankfully my job is remote, I just require decent internet to make it work. As of now I'm leaning toward Blairsville due to elevation, maybe Young Harris.

Looking forward to my 3rd trip up there this year in Oct to learn the area more.
There is a LOT of good info on the North Georgia Mountains on here....but please be aware.... the info is changing rapidly. We've gained close to 10K residents in this county in the last decade and seem to be currently outgrowing our current infrastructure at an alarming rate..... I don't wish to be discouraging, but folks need to move here with their eyes wide open. We are no longer the sleepy little counties that we once were......

Old 09-29-2020, 08:32 PM

357 posts, read 328,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
We are no longer the sleepy little counties that we once were......
No question; my experience is that if you want sleepiness now (and somewhat reliably into the future) your best bet up that way is across the state line in TN or NC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia