Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 12:40 PM
GP2

81 posts, read 998,374 times

Advertisements

Warner Robins has plenty of full time jobs!! Not to mention, you are only 20 minutes from Macon, which certainly has alot of jobs.
Not being rude, but if your sentence structure and lack of capitalization is any indication of your educational background (I`m really not being rude...just an observation) then maybe that is why you are having trouble finding a job.
Keep searching...there really are alot of jobs out there...something will pop up...Good luck hunting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2006, 12:33 AM

12 posts, read 56,667 times
It depends where you live,it seems that roaches are allergic to cleaness,try it.

Old 04-22-2010, 05:57 PM

1 posts, read 3,027 times
I lived in Texas for almost six years and we had palemttos (American cockroach), but only about one a year. In our original neighborhood, I never had any, but my neighbor had them like crazy because she had a dead tree in the back yard. I too put down Borax ( the detergent that's made with Boric Acid) and the ones that did come in came in to die or were pretty much dead when they got in because of borax, but the majority (4) died in the Borax. Here are a few tips I learned:

1. With Borax, make sure it remains dry if it gets damp it's no longer of any use. I have small kids so I only put it on my doorway threshholds.

2. Palmettos are mainly nocturnal and live off of decaying vegetation like old trees, dead leaves, dirt...so make sure to remove any broken limbs from the yard immediately and if you have a dead tree in your yard it might do you some good to have it removed. Also, don't let leaves sit or pile up in your yard because it is a breeding ground for them.

3. I also placed glue traps in dark areas like sheds and utility rooms where they would be cable to come in , in place that I couldn't put borax.

4. Palmettos are one of the few breeds of the roach family that are not acclimated to living with people, which is why you will see them in your house as single adults and not the whole clan.

5. If you have an old house, especially one made of wood, you will have them because if the wood inbetween the walls is decaying it's dinner time for them.

6. For anyone reading this now, my best advice is to do what I do, Call the Orkin or Terminex branch in that area and get the 411 from them.

7. They can also come through your AC vents, so try putting screening in to prevent them from coming through.

The above postings were also very helpful as I have to move to Fort Benning next year and have been led to believe that GA. is swarming with Roaches. I too have gotten the mixed reviews from not seeing any, to spray and you should be okay to " what rock have you been hiding under?" So to anyone who reads this, I hope this helps.

Old 09-26-2012, 01:14 AM

2 posts, read 4,642 times
Default Abc

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP2 View Post
Warner Robins has plenty of full time jobs!! Not to mention, you are only 20 minutes from Macon, which certainly has alot of jobs.
Not being rude, but if your sentence structure and lack of capitalization is any indication of your educational background (I`m really not being rude...just an observation) then maybe that is why you are having trouble finding a job.
Keep searching...there really are alot of jobs out there...something will pop up...Good luck hunting.
It's spelled...a lot. (No offense)

Old 09-26-2012, 01:23 AM

2 posts, read 4,642 times
Angry roaches

I have lived in Valdosta, Cobb County, Dakalb, and Sandy Springs and they are everywhere! I have seen the ones that fly, hiss, run, and crawl. Sometimes they hang around outside the front door and when I go outside at night, they sneak in. I've seen them hiding on the shower curtains and behind the toilet, of course I was either in the shower or on the toilet before they revealed themselves. In Valdosta, I would wake up with them sleeping on my neck!!! You can spray and you can clean and every summer they will come back. Just because you don't see them please, please believe they're there...waiting. Wear shows when you go outside at night too; I stepped on one barefoot last night, they're actually softer than they look.

Last edited by Steezy; 09-26-2012 at 01:27 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 09-26-2012, 01:33 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,993,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steezy View Post
I have lived in Valdosta, Cobb County, Dakalb, and Sandy Springs and they are everywhere! I have seen the ones that fly, hiss, run, and crawl. Sometimes they hang around outside the front door and when I go outside at night, they sneak in. I've seen them hiding on the shower curtains and behind the toilet, of course I was either in the shower or on the toilet before they revealed themselves. In Valdosta, I would wake up with them sleeping on my neck!!! You can spray and you can clean and every summer they will come back. Just because you don't see them please, please believe they're there...waiting. Wear shows when you go outside at night too; I stepped on one barefoot last night, they're actually softer than they look.
It's spelled...shoes. (No offense)

Old 09-30-2012, 11:06 AM

23,310 posts, read 43,763,348 times
Hire an exterminator and you'll have no problem. We would see one in the house very rarely and it was usually dead by the time we found him.

Old 09-30-2012, 11:12 AM

23,310 posts, read 43,763,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steezy View Post
Oh, and don't forget to mention that the larger ones tend to carry off our children and family pets.

Old 09-30-2012, 04:24 PM

7,469 posts, read 6,185,429 times
When I saw this thread, I thought the subject was folks from up north, who had moved South.

Old 10-03-2012, 01:10 AM

11,334 posts, read 25,977,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
When I saw this thread, I thought the subject was folks from up north, who had moved South.
Nah, we're bigger than Georgia roaches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia