U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 01:14 PM

4,659 posts, read 7,880,810 times

Advertisements

The rain this year is making a HUGE difference in how many we're finding ~ we've rarely seen one every month or two in prior years, and now it's more like 1~2 a day (and sometimes 4~5 when it's been rainy for several days in a row). The rain washes away the pest control on the Exterior of the building too...

But on the interior, that should last ~3 months or so. You'll usually still find the dang things, but they're either dead or on their way. Simply clean them up and be on with your day.

FWIW, 3 Years worth of chemicals (we use D-fense Sc, which is safe for pets/kids, no odor, no color ~ same stuff the pros use) is about $40, toss in a $20 garden sprayer if you don't have one already and you can do it all yourself for less than One visit from a local pest control company. As a bonus, you''ll almost certainly be more through and less messy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2013, 02:32 PM

5,632 posts, read 4,614,949 times
Those roach baits you can pick up in a grocery store tend to help. But the smaller roaches, for whatever reason, seem to be a bit more persistent.

Old 06-11-2015, 11:21 PM

1 posts, read 773 times
Exclamation I just found two in North Georgia

So, I am lazy and didn't read alot of it, but still, I found two of these god damn things. We leave food out yes, but its not alot. The only bugs that are common are Ants. But nonetheless, they are gigantic. THe largest ones I ever seen. They look foreign because I hit one with a shoe and it didn't die due to a large exo skeleton. I would've thought the ants would just 'gang' on them if any of them tried to come into the house's foundation, but now seeing we found overall 4 **** roaches in the house (two of which were gigantic) and killed all of them, I would have thought they could not populate. Anyways, I do not know if other towns/cities in North Georgia are facing these damn things, but if you are, I would like to know if you know when they came. Aswell, I still believe they are foreign. They are too large to be native. They had to be recently introduced. Eh.

Old 06-12-2015, 12:37 AM

4,013 posts, read 3,762,107 times
Reminds me I have to call Arrow...fast.
Flying one came out of the recessed can lighting 2 nights ago mm. ..couldn't get to that raid can fast enough!!!
But I have to say, you haven't seen roaches till you've lived in Houston Texas.
Those fuken things multiply like Duggars. Grow to hamster size. And are immune to EVERYTHING.
I once saw a flying roach take a straw from beneath it's crunchy wings, snort that boric acid, throw back a shot of tequila, light up a cigar, and send for more flying friends before I could throw my mama's house shoe at it!!!!

Old 06-12-2015, 07:28 AM

5,862 posts, read 4,071,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsaiahParden View Post
So, I am lazy and didn't read alot of it, but still, I found two of these god damn things. We leave food out yes, but its not alot. The only bugs that are common are Ants. But nonetheless, they are gigantic. THe largest ones I ever seen. They look foreign because I hit one with a shoe and it didn't die due to a large exo skeleton. I would've thought the ants would just 'gang' on them if any of them tried to come into the house's foundation, but now seeing we found overall 4 **** roaches in the house (two of which were gigantic) and killed all of them, I would have thought they could not populate. Anyways, I do not know if other towns/cities in North Georgia are facing these damn things, but if you are, I would like to know if you know when they came. Aswell, I still believe they are foreign. They are too large to be native. They had to be recently introduced. Eh.
If they can live in New York city, why can't they live in North Georgia?

Cockroaches - The Everything Guide to Pests -- New York Magazine

Old 06-12-2015, 05:01 PM

5,632 posts, read 4,614,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsaiahParden View Post
Welcome to the South!

Old 06-19-2015, 02:46 PM

10,238 posts, read 9,946,209 times
We had a couple carry off our beloved Datsun one night. Terrible. We never saw Pixie again.

Old 06-19-2015, 11:24 PM

70 posts, read 56,540 times
Roaches are horrible

Old 06-20-2015, 07:07 AM

1,186 posts, read 1,656,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansleypark View Post
we had a couple carry off our beloved datsun one night. Terrible. We never saw pixie again.
lol. :d

Old 06-20-2015, 08:32 AM

4,013 posts, read 3,762,107 times
2 last night.1 outside on the deck. Love that raid now smells like french perfume
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or