Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2007, 08:17 AM

6 posts, read 27,764 times

Advertisements

I am considering moving to Rome this summer. I would appreciate very much anyone's thought's, comments, opinions, etc about Rome GA.
Anything you have to say about Rome, such, as info about the jobs, different areas of the town, the people, the schools, the medical care, the housing, anything, I would love to hear. Thanks so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2007, 08:41 AM

86 posts, read 437,972 times
Well, it is a very very small town!!! You are not really close to anything at all.....a good 1:45 mins or more from Atlanta and about 1:30 from Chattanooga. Not sure what you are moving there for, but unless you like to live way out of the way, this is not the place for you.

Old 03-13-2007, 10:30 AM

9 posts, read 43,899 times
My Friend Lives On The Outside Of Rome And Loves It They Still Commute To Atlanta. Northside Of Atlanta For Shopping. There Is The Rome Braves When They Are In Town Nice Little Stadium For A Minor League Team I Have Been Once. Kind Of A Place Where Different Backgrounds And Race Tend To Stay Together Not Much Mingling. Very Quite On Sunday When I Went To The Game Afterwards It Was Close To Dinner Stop To Get A Bite To Eat The Restruant Was Empty, They Said The We Beat The Church Rush The Nice Resturants Are Closed During These Hours. So If You Want Laid Back And A Quiet It Is Your Town.

Old 03-24-2007, 09:02 AM

5 posts, read 33,721 times
Just to set some things straight about Rome. I've lived 20 miles from Rome all of my 29 years and know a great deal about the place. It's less than an hour from Atlanta via highway 20/Interstate 75, and about an hour from Chattanooga via highway 53/Insterstate 75. Unless your from a L.A. or NYC you won't feel like it's a small town. There are 3 colleges, a nice old downtown strip with a few restaurants/bars/shops, modern conveniences like Barnes & Nobles, Starbucks, etc., and numerous festivals throughout the year. For so many college students I have always been a little dissapointed with nightlife, but that's probably because everyone goes to Atlanta since it's close. Good luck.

Old 03-24-2007, 05:07 PM

73 posts, read 567,984 times
Default I grew up about 20 miles from Rome

I grew up about 20 miles from Rome and still have family in the area. I was raised in Cartersville and still love visiting both cities. Rome was the place we went on dates to the movies etc as Cartersville only had about 9,000 people when I lived there. It is larger now. Rome is a very pretty city and has a lot of history. Barnsley Gardens is near and a beautiful place to visit. A lot of Civil War History in the area. It is still only a short drive to Atlanta, after you drive thru Cartersville all the small towns run together so you really are never far from anything.
Tom Tom

Old 07-08-2016, 09:35 AM

20 posts, read 32,189 times
Default Moving to Rome

Thinking of moving to Rome, too and I wanted to know about the crime there. I know it's everywhere nowadays,
but wanted to know which areas had the worse case of crime. Are there any good rural areas left to move
to? Looking for a small house on about 2 acres maybe along Kingston Hwy.

Any input in appreciated!

Old 05-07-2017, 09:40 PM

3 posts, read 2,759 times
I just visited Rome from Savannah. I LOVE it. I love the trail system connecting downtown, Jackson Hill, downtown itself, Myrtle Hill cemetary, Berry College, Cave Spring.... Awesome city. I would live there in a heartbeat of opporrunity arises!! It's conservative, but I think anyone more focused on family and career wouldn't truly notice. Great place if you just want a peace of mind!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia