U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-05-2017, 12:05 PM
 
31,858 posts, read 29,592,967 times
Reputation: 20119

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moxieman2 View Post
We are RUNNING from California because liberal politicians have given us the highest taxes, worst schools, worst healthcare, worst roads, etc in the country.
Highest taxes maybe true, but as for the rest? Yeah I think states like Mississippi and West Virginia may have something to say about that. If you want a conservative haven, those states would be better fits for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-05-2017, 12:15 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA
38 posts, read 38,101 times
Reputation: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Highest taxes maybe true, but as for the rest? Yeah I think states like Mississippi and West Virginia may have something to say about that. If you want a conservative haven, those states would be better fits for sure.
Uh, actually no. But let's say there is a an argument here....

So, the schools in MS and WV are AS BAD as CA? What sort of tax burden do those states impose on their citizens?

You see, that is the difference. In California, you pay for the filet and get a hotdog. Trust me, I live here. I pay 13.3% state income tax, $600 for car registration, $700 per month for health insurance, almost 10% sales tax, and over 40 cents per gallon in fuel taxes. Worst schools with all those taxes? Only liberals could return those results...

Oh well, at least the illegals get free education and healthcare. Better educate yourself before you go to the ballot box, my friend
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2017, 12:22 PM
 
Location: City of Atlanta
2,824 posts, read 1,851,220 times
Reputation: 4065
Seems like Cherokee County would be your speed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2017, 12:25 PM
 
Location: East side - Metro ATL
1,325 posts, read 2,263,074 times
Reputation: 1197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
Seems like Cherokee County would be your speed.
Yes, I think the OP will love Cherokee and/or Forsyth counties.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2017, 12:26 PM
 
Location: Ex-Bostonian in Woodstock, GA
724 posts, read 652,803 times
Reputation: 916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
Seems like Cherokee County would be your speed.
Ehhh, debatable. More like Gilmer County. Or Lumpkin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2017, 12:38 PM
 
31,858 posts, read 29,592,967 times
Reputation: 20119
Quote:
Originally Posted by moxieman2 View Post
Uh, actually no. But let's say there is a an argument here....

So, the schools in MS and WV are AS BAD as CA? What sort of tax burden do those states impose on their citizens?

You see, that is the difference. In California, you pay for the filet and get a hotdog. Trust me, I live here. I pay 13.3% state income tax, $600 for car registration, $700 per month for health insurance, almost 10% sales tax, and over 40 cents per gallon in fuel taxes. Worst schools with all those taxes? Only liberals could return those results...

Oh well, at least the illegals get free education and healthcare. Better educate yourself before you go to the ballot box, my friend
I'd like to see evidence that California has the worst schools in the nation. When it comes to higher education, it arguably has the best public university system in the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2017, 12:52 PM
 
482 posts, read 249,802 times
Reputation: 646
I'll just drop this here.

"Go back to California!" graffiti on home, car shocks new arrivals to Portland

It's not so much about left vs right - even far left Portland doesn't want more Californians. They have a special blend of arrogance, narcissism and self rightness. But hey, don't let that get in the way of city data's constant left vs right shouting matches.

Oh, and by the way, all the most racist people i have ever met are Californians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2017, 01:06 PM
 
Location: Valdosta (Atlanta Native)
3,579 posts, read 3,267,206 times
Reputation: 2412
Quote:
Originally Posted by moxieman2 View Post
Uh, actually no. But let's say there is a an argument here....

So, the schools in MS and WV are AS BAD as CA? What sort of tax burden do those states impose on their citizens?

You see, that is the difference. In California, you pay for the filet and get a hotdog. Trust me, I live here. I pay 13.3% state income tax, $600 for car registration, $700 per month for health insurance, almost 10% sales tax, and over 40 cents per gallon in fuel taxes. Worst schools with all those taxes? Only liberals could return those results...

Oh well, at least the illegals get free education and healthcare. Better educate yourself before you go to the ballot box, my friend
Higher taxes generally means better service. I don't know much about California, but in Georgia areas with lower taxes don't have all the amenities as those with higher taxes (or a higher population to offset that). As far as your political views, Georgia is a solid red state at the moment, but the republicans hold on elections are waning more and more as each year passes. I don't think it's liberalism you hate, I think it's corporate Democrats like Hillary Clinton. Countries such as Canada, France, and Germany have high taxes but they focus on the people instead of donors which is why they have better services (more police, cheaper healthcare, and better infrastructure upkeep).

Last edited by demonta4; 07-05-2017 at 01:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2017, 01:40 PM
 
31,858 posts, read 29,592,967 times
Reputation: 20119
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonta4 View Post
Higher taxes generally means better service. I don't know much about California, but in Georgia areas with lower taxes don't have all the amenities as those with higher taxes (or a higher population to offset that). As far as your political views, Georgia is a solid red state at the moment, but the republicans hold on elections are waning more and more as each year passes. I don't think it's liberalism you hate, I think it's corporate Democrats like Hillary Clinton. Countries such as Canada, France, and Germany have high taxes but they focus on the people instead of donors which is why they have better services (more police, cheaper healthcare, and better infrastructure upkeep).
That makes no sense as the Republican Party is even more corporatist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2017, 01:48 PM
 
Location: Valdosta (Atlanta Native)
3,579 posts, read 3,267,206 times
Reputation: 2412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
That makes no sense as the Republican Party is even more corporatist.
They're equally corporatist (I'm not gonna cut slack for liberals here), and what we're talking about here is an unnecessary high tax rate that hurts the middle and lower class and yields low results. As of right now, Republican states don't do that to any class of people (we should be taxing the rich more in either case and taxing the middle and lower class less). We need more progressive candidates like Bernie Sanders who appeal to both Democrats and Republicans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top