Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 07:05 AM

815 posts, read 984,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moxieman2 View Post
Again, if liberalism is working and is so great, why would one ever leave any of those states.
Tons of reasons that don't necessarily have to do with the politics of the state. Better weather, lower housing costs, being closer to family, job offers, etc. Not everyone moves to leave the politics of their home state, although that seems to be the case for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2017, 09:38 AM

9,830 posts, read 7,170,791 times
Quote:
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

Yea, bunch of atheists.
Do you even know what a Deist is? Did you even read what I wrote?

You think Jefferson, Madison, Hamilton, were right-wing conservative Christians? Because they were quite the opposite.

Quote:
You and your friends on the left really need to learn to regurgitate some new talking points. Those are the ones that have lost several elections for you to date.
OK, well I'm not at all a Democrat or much of a lefty. I'm really more of a libertarian. I actually voted for Gary Johnson in the last election. (I came to somewhat regret that, obviously, but yeah.)

Yes, I think your positions on the issues are ill-formed and wrong, and I think your worldview is clouded in regurgitated falsehoods, I dislike you but nonetheless I will say that I hope you have a nice move and a nice stay in Georgia, and I'm glad we were able to give you real estate guidance if we did, even though this thread of yours was actually a political troll thread in disguise.

Old 08-03-2017, 09:42 AM

1,054 posts, read 914,901 times
To answer OP's original question it is tough to see a liberal agenda applied in Georgia with enough of a mandate to enact the disastrous policies of California or Illinois.

Old 08-03-2017, 09:47 AM

815 posts, read 984,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
I will say that I hope you have a nice move and a nice stay in Georgia, and I'm glad we were able to give you real estate guidance if we did, even though this thread of yours was actually a political troll thread in disguise.
My sentiments exactly.

Old 08-03-2017, 09:47 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,315,540 times
Quote:
Thank you, I do feel like that's a fair point also.

I'm glad to hear your not into accepting anything and everything. In fact, we most likely agree on some of the issues. (You seem to be a rational individual). However, I do disagree that liberals are the only ones that are concerned with these issues. Liberals are often only concerned with "appearing" concerned with these issues to gain and keep power. (Example: What exactly did Obama do for the middle class or the black community?) Trust me, I've been in the center of liberalism for the past 8 years.

I don't believe my views are disgusting or ignorant. However, the ever so "tolerant" and "compassionate" liberals might just think so. After all, I am a white, straight, Christian, conservative male. They seem to find most of those pretty offensive.

I do look forward to moving to your state very much.
I don't find white, straight, Christian or conservative at all offensive. However, I do find closed minded and bigoted very offensive. Why don't you try Idaho? The moving cost would be a lot less expensive.

Old 08-04-2017, 09:09 AM

3,006 posts, read 2,608,338 times
A "Christian" nation would probably look something like The Republic of Gilead from The Handmaid's Tale. This is a secular country, thankfully.

Old 08-04-2017, 03:42 PM

597 posts, read 1,435,468 times
Moxie, Recently I met a woman and her partner who were from California and they too had left California because they couldn't stand "how bad the Liberals had gotten and the over-reach of the government". (AND no they were not straight, not Christian and not White) They had "fled" (as they put it) to Florida and once they go here, they bought a house and realized all their neighbors were from NY, CT, CA, Va, Pa, etc. They are beyond disappointed. As she told me, she wants to be able to fly the American Flag without being criticized and wants to live around people who love their country. The reason I am telling you this story is because all the red states are the refuge states for the Liberals. They flee their states because of high taxes, etc and then move and vote like they did in their previous state and you can just sit and watch the state turn. Florida is being over run. The small beach town I live in used to be friendly, people waved, talked to their neighbors and we didn't even have to lock our doors. Now? People are blasting their horns, screaming at cashiers in the stores, flipping people off, stealing news papers, crime is up, etc. I'm paying $14,000 a year in property taxes for this! We will be selling soon and we too were considering Georgia BUT, I am very apprehensive. Just look at the comments because you stated you are looking for a conservative area. I find it offensive when someone says you should move to an area because its' "more your speed". That is just ignorant, nasty and uncalled for. Just be careful where you select to move to. I hate to see you move and then find out it changes quickly into a blue state. BTW....to the people who will now attack me, have fun. I have no intention of getting into a debate over this. This reply was to Moxie and she is the only person I am interested in conversing with. FYI, don't bother calling me a bigot, racist, uneducated, etc. I am not white, I have a post grad-degree and I am an Independent voter. So save the name calling, please.

Last edited by ILoveLidoBeach; 08-04-2017 at 03:53 PM..

Old 08-04-2017, 04:06 PM

9,830 posts, read 7,170,791 times
I was born and raised in Georgia, for the record. And I don't intend to leave, whether this state is Red or Blue or Purple or Orange or Puke Green or whatever. And I love my country. I love this country because you have (or should have) the freedom to fly an American flag or not fly one, without others' prejudices or judgments or assumptions about either choice. You can be patriotic with or without a flag, and not patriotic also with or without a flag. And patriotism and the flag should not become nationalism, or ethno-centricism or any of that anti-American nonsense.

Also anyone should be able to fly a rainbow flag, without Christian and conservative neighbors taking offense, or worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveLidoBeach View Post
This reply was to Moxie and she is the only person I am interested in conversing with.
Is that why you chose to bump the thread in order to write your public post there for all to see, instead of PM'ing them?

Old 08-04-2017, 04:07 PM

16,627 posts, read 29,293,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveLidoBeach View Post
Moxie, Recently I met a woman and her partner who were from California and they too had left California because they couldn't stand "how bad the Liberals had gotten and the over-reach of the government". (AND no they were not straight, not Christian and not White) They had "fled" (as they put it) to Florida and once they go here, they bought a house and realized all their neighbors were from NY, CT, CA, Va, Pa, etc. They are beyond disappointed. As she told me, she wants to be able to fly the American Flag without being criticized and wants to live around people who love their country. The reason I am telling you this story is because all the red states are the refuge states for the Liberals. They flee their states because of high taxes, etc and then move and vote like they did in their previous state and you can just sit and watch the state turn. Florida is being over run. The small beach town I live in used to be friendly, people waved, talked to their neighbors and we didn't even have to lock our doors. Now? People are blasting their horns, screaming at cashiers in the stores, flipping people off, stealing news papers, crime is up, etc. I'm paying $14,000 a year in property taxes for this! We will be selling soon and we too were considering Georgia BUT, I am very apprehensive. Just look at the comments because you stated you are looking for a conservative area. I find it offensive when someone says you should move to an area because its' "more your speed". That is just ignorant, nasty and uncalled for. Just be careful where you select to move to. I hate to see you move and then find out it changes quickly into a blue state. BTW....to the people who will now attack me, have fun. I have no intention of getting into a debate over this. This reply was to Moxie and she is the only person I am interested in conversing with. FYI, don't bother calling me a bigot, racist, uneducated, etc. I am not white, I have a post grad-degree and I am an Independent voter. So save the name calling, please.
I like your post. Spot on. Based on your commentary, insight, and experience--as well as demographic trends--I recommend the following (for moxie as well):

Alabama
West Virginia
Indiana
Ohio
Arkansas
Missouri
Wyoming
The Dakotas
Nebraska
Kansas
Oklahoma
Kentucky

Old 08-04-2017, 04:55 PM

3,006 posts, read 2,608,338 times
Liberals are 100% responsible for people honking their horns, flipping people off, yelling at cashiers, and stealing newspapers.

If you get unhinged enough to believe this, a cabin hundreds of miles from civilization is definitely your speed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia