Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 03:26 PM

3 posts, read 6,601 times

Advertisements

Hinesville - hate it if you like quiet, no traffic and pleasant faces - customer service in Hinesville sucks almost anywhere you go - it has very negative vibes and is beginning to get its own level of city crime - small gangs, drug sales, rapes, muggings, murder etc.

We have a home in Hinesville and are getting ready to sell to move further out into the country. Taxes and restrictions in Liberty County are going out of the roof... You might want to look at Claxton, Glennville, Pembroke area - genuine small town America - acreage is still affordable around 5-10K - less if you can afford to buy large tracks. The closer you get to I 16 the more expensive acreage gets - 10-20K/acre is normal.

Flipside is you really need to drive to Richmond Hill, Statesboro or Savannah to get some serious shopping done. It's well worth it in my opinion. Richmond Hill is on a major uprise - with lots of new construction etc. good place to buy if you are not staying long and will eventually move on - and need to sell again... I would not want to live there though - right on the interstate I 95. A quick hop to Savannah though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2007, 01:32 PM

2 posts, read 4,811 times
Question Moving

My family is thinking of moving to Hinesville, Ga.
My husband is a high school math teacher, I am a stay at home mom, we have 2 young boys and we are wondering about the town of Hinesville. I lived there some 15 years ago and know it must have changed. We are wondering about the homes, schools, churches, and over all people. Any information would be helpful.

Thank You

Old 01-04-2007, 02:34 PM

233 posts, read 1,226,718 times
Richmond Hill, Rincon, or Guyton would probably be the best areas. There are still alot of rural areas but not extremely far away from the city.

Old 06-29-2007, 12:37 PM

2 posts, read 6,768 times
Thanks for the info about Hinesville. We are trying to move South through our company, Comcast. They just had a position open. Looks like we will look into Richmond Hill, if hubby gets it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia