U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2017, 06:01 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,562,619 times

Advertisements

I know our local sports teams haven't given us much to talk about. The Falcons are off, Atlanta United FC loss in the playoffs in heartbreaking fashion, the Braves and Hawks are in no man's land, oh did I mention the Falcons blew a 25 point lead against the Patriots in the Super Bowl earlier this calender year. The one bright spot has been Georgia Football and Coach Smart. I know it's too early but I can't help but get excited with this team and the job Kirby has done in only his 2nd season. Let's hope they can continue and give the state a championship it has long needed since the Braves won it all in 1995.

Last edited by dpatt.marine1; 10-28-2017 at 07:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2017, 07:04 PM

10,274 posts, read 10,089,212 times
Go Dawgs!!!

Old 10-29-2017, 01:40 PM

1,497 posts, read 1,017,482 times
They may actually have a championship team this year. Finally they have great coaching to match their on field talent

Old 10-30-2017, 05:45 PM

The clash with Alabama is shaping up in the SEC. If it is a close enough game, I think both Georgia and Alabama will make it to the CFB playoffs and likely meet again for the national championship.

Old 10-30-2017, 06:59 PM

1,191 posts, read 1,676,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
The clash with Alabama is shaping up in the SEC. If it is a close enough game, I think both Georgia and Alabama will make it to the CFB playoffs and likely meet again for the national championship.
A little early for that. Plus the SEC is actually weak this year. Outside of Bama and UGA....crickets. It could happen but it depends on the one loss teams remaining. Ohio State wins out...in. Oklahoma wins out they may be in too. A one loss ACC champion Clemson would be in. Notre Dame wins out and UGA beats Bama handily...Bama out. It will sort itself out. That being said as someone without a "Dawg" in this fight, the last time UGA was this excited to play Bama it was a slaughter of the Dawgs as the "black out" became a blackeye so I will just wait and see. ��

Old 10-30-2017, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgeorgiaman View Post
A little early for that. Plus the SEC is actually weak this year. Outside of Bama and UGA....crickets. It could happen but it depends on the one loss teams remaining. Ohio State wins out...in. Oklahoma wins out they may be in too. A one loss ACC champion Clemson would be in. Notre Dame wins out and UGA beats Bama handily...Bama out. It will sort itself out. That being said as someone without a "Dawg" in this fight, the last time UGA was this excited to play Bama it was a slaughter of the Dawgs as the "black out" became a blackeye so I will just wait and see. ��
midgeorgiaman- Now don’t you go raining on my parade! ;-)

Old 10-30-2017, 07:58 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,562,619 times
Default This just a different Dawgs team

I have never seen Mark Richt generally upset that his 2nd string defense allowed a garbage time TD in a blowout win, or visibly animated his true freshman QB didn't pick up a 1st down with his legs even when his team was up by like 4 scores. Even when the Dawgs were good, they would always lose to one Tennessee, Florida or Carolina, like every year this would happen. Kirby Smart has this team hungry and at least 2 deep at every position to include QB and he actually makes adjustments and doesn't allow his team to get beat by the same play over and over again, see Missouri in the 1st half after 2 big plays and in the 2nd where they were shut down. I'm not going to sit up here and say we are going to beat Bama but they have all the pieces to get it done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia