Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2018, 12:35 PM

37,881 posts, read 41,948,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
A straw man is trying present the opponent argument in a debate different from what he or she is saying. It's a tactic use to frame the debate in front of a audience.

Straw man 1..... You said "And you think having multiple major urban areas isn't a way to grow the rest of the state?????? lololol"............. when my point wasn't the idea of multiple major urban areas creating tensions,.... I agree with that, my point was so what can be done about..... my point was Georgia need to have more growth in other areas, What can be done to decrease tension and resentment of the US vs them attitude.

Straw man 2 You keep trying to present my point was about Texas, When point was about Georgia growth. again Texas was only used as an example of a more balance state I could chosen any state I only used it because you was saying already saying Texas was more unique and should have more pride then Georgia. Which again going back to my top paragraph. It's counter productive to insult others areas of the state, state pride is a good thing to decrease resentment from us vs them, rural vs urban Georgia thing.

But rather then responding to my actual points you started creating straw mans and your trying to continue the straw man............. "you won't let it go"..... dude....... whats to let go when the center my point was never about Texas..... And the irony is we now so far remove from my point, We are now Talking about Texas, literally because you know create a conservation about Texas trying straw man me. " so hopefully the mods can come clean this thread up and put us back on track."..... You know what would work is if actually address my point about "how decrease resentment from us vs them, rural vs urban Georgia thing, And to get growth in 2nd tier cities" then you creating pointless conservation about Texas trying straw man point.
Oh God, this is getting worse and worse. You can have it bro.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2018, 12:37 PM

37,881 posts, read 41,948,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
The romanticism over cowboys have nothing to actually raising cows but sense of adventure of the old west. For Georgia you could had pick something that could actually have a romantic notion, the Miners, early explores, patriots of the revolution and etc for Georgia. You pick most "non romantic" thing to make a case to why Georgian should not have pride. And that paired with posters saying that the state should divide on the first pages is sad.

With attitudes like this no wonders some rural politicians are so against Atlanta, and have resentment against it's growth. It works both ways.
Yeah, it's called an apples to apples comparison since we were talking about rural aspects of Texas that urban areas embrace (due to a 'romantic' or 'cool' aspect) and obviously agriculture is highly associated with rural life but you don't seem to get that. Like I said, have at it and continue to knock yourself out. I'm done with this discussion.

Old 01-25-2018, 02:14 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,497,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airforceguy View Post
The census released their annual state population estimates today and Georgia's population as of 1 July, 2017 stands at 10,429,379. Our competitor North Carolina grew slightly faster and now stands at 10,273,419.

https://census.gov/newsroom/press-re...tes-idaho.html
This thread has meandered off and on out of topic. Let's get back on the topic of the census. Feel free to start a Georgia (not other states) vacation destination thread or anything else that is off topic in this thread. Thanks!

Old 01-25-2018, 03:46 PM

4,843 posts, read 6,103,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Yeah, it's called an apples to apples comparison since we were talking about rural aspects of Texas that urban areas embrace (due to a 'romantic' or 'cool' aspect) and obviously agriculture is highly associated with rural life but you don't seem to get that. Like I said, have at it and continue to knock yourself out. I'm done with this discussion.
Boy, this is just try hard and silly, but ok sure

Old 01-25-2018, 03:58 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,921,752 times
So ... I heard Georgia grew by 115,759 between 2016-2017

Old 01-25-2018, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
So ... I heard Georgia grew by 115,759 between 2016-2017
Yeah to bad we can't talk detail about that growth like growth in regions and etc.

Old 01-25-2018, 04:59 PM

2,099 posts, read 2,276,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Some would argue that they would hate to see Georgia's coast become overdeveloped like Florida's or, to a lesser extent, SC's.
You betcha, count me in as I would hate to see that!

Old 01-29-2018, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavannahLife View Post
You betcha, count me in as I would hate to see that!
Mean while earlier thread.....

Literally the first pages

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldm View Post
Tired of Metro Atlanta having to foot the bill for rural Geogria. It's time for rural Georgia to help pay for transit in the metro area

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1984 View Post
How do you propose making that happen? To me, the state needs to work harder to bring more development to other areas outside of metro Atlanta. Georgia is too top heavy with metro Atlanta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post
I know this is a pipe dream, but I wish Georgia was divided into two North Georgia, and South Georgia as two states.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhtrico1850 View Post
Republicans championing transit

Republicans are realizing that Atlanta is the future and Atlanta needs transit.

Things are falling into place. Purple = growth, orange = decline. No more subsidizing rural GA.

https://33n.atlantaregional.com/spec...g-slowing-2016

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/21/rep-...s-to-move.html

A Republican congressman callously but correctly said it recently. If your area is in decline, don't expect the government to keep propping you up.
I was the one actually defending the rest of the state,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia