Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2018, 12:57 PM

391 posts, read 1,702,522 times

Advertisements

Hello so I am a buyer and I will requested that my buyer's agent get the listing agent to send over the selling disclosure for me to review. I looked at the selling disclosure and one of the things on there is that you must check the box if you intend to leave any fixtures or appliances in the home. However the seller left unchecked the box for window blinds. I found that unusual because usually the sellers will you leave the window blinds. My assumption is that is probably a mistake. However I don't know the seller from Adam. Once I sign that sellers disclosure it is binding and I have no recourse. Blinds to fill the house that I am purchasing will be a pretty big expense and I'd rather avoid it if possible. So if the seller truly intends not to leave the blinds I need to know that. So I sent a message to my agent and I told her that I have reviewed the seller's disclosure and I would like her to either get an amendment or get something in writing even something from the listing agent that says that it's a mistake and the blinds are going to be left in the home. She replies back "I'm pretty sure she intends to leave the blinds I'm sure she doesn't intend to do a war of the roses on us." Why would I sign something that's incorrect? I would have no leg to stand on if the seller actually did take the blinds before closing. So then the next whopping thing my agent said to me is since you're going by the house for the inspection if the seller is there why don't you just ask her about the blinds then? I find that inappropriate. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2018, 02:01 PM

333 posts, read 384,265 times
Your concerns have merit. Please be sure that your agent writes into the special stipulations of your offer that the blinds remain as part of the sale. If they are gone during the walk through, you don't close. Terms must be written to be enforceable.

Old 01-19-2018, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaMove View Post
Your concerns have merit. Please be sure that your agent writes into the special stipulations of your offer that the blinds remain as part of the sale. If they are gone during the walk through, you don't close. Terms must be written to be enforceable.
Thank you!

Old 01-22-2018, 04:12 PM

10,733 posts, read 13,267,526 times
I had a difficult agent like this and simply called the other agent myself. It worked!

Old 01-22-2018, 04:27 PM

I kid you not I thought about doing this!!! Anyway, she finally reached out to the other agent. I had to get firm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia