Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2018, 09:41 PM

10,347 posts, read 8,564,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenna View Post
Thank you aslowdodge, Can you find good work out in north Marietta GA?
It depends on what you do. I go by what I see as far as houses in the neighborhood as far as not only how nice they are, but pride in ownership. In many neighborhoods even modest homes seem to be well kept up for the most part. There are sub $200K homes I would happily live in here. There must be jobs because there are also many nice homes here.
BTW I remember a few years back in Ca sitting with a friend looking at crime rankings and seeing how high the Atlanta Area was and she asked me " Are you sure you want to move there?"
I visited and explored and saw areas that are definitely high crime, but lots of great areas that were safe and good schools. If you have to worry about elderly parents I thin you will be in good shape.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2018, 03:17 PM

17 posts, read 15,744 times
Hi Iconographer,

I have an a wide variety back ground. I am a part-time military soldier and currently work for a state legislator.

I also have bachelor's in psychology, a masters in political science and an associate's in mortuary, as well as two mortuary diploma's.

I am also certified in customs and borders. I kind of have a quite a bit of military certifications, I just want something that can make a decent amount of money to support myself and my mom.

I also write books part-time, which is my passion but I haven't done it for money.

Old 01-28-2018, 04:01 PM

Hi Iconographer,

I am also willing to take up a different trade or career if need be. What are the best opportunities currently in GA?

Old 01-29-2018, 10:44 PM

10,396 posts, read 11,493,034 times
The best and most employment opportunities will by far be found in the greater Atlanta metropolitan region, a region which encompasses an area of up to about 39 counties in North Georgia.

There are too many towns, cities and counties to name, but just know that good employment opportunities and good safe places to live will be found all over the expansive Atlanta metro region.

Your best course of action is to find a well-paying or good-paying job first and then look for a good safe place to live that will be geographically convenient to where you will be working so that you can attempt to minimize your time in the notorious traffic that the Atlanta region can be known for.

Viable employment opportunities can also be found to lesser extents in smaller second-tier Georgia metros like Savannah, Augusta, Columbus, Macon-Warner Robins, and Athens.

Quote:
I am also willing to take up a different trade or career if need be. What are the best opportunities currently in GA?
Some good employment and career opportunities are currently found in Technology (Atlanta has grown to become a major technology hub for the Southeastern U.S. during the decade of the 2010's), Television and Film Production (during the decade of the 2010's, Atlanta has also grown to become the second-largest hub of TV & Film production on the planet behind only Southern California) and Logistics (Atlanta is a major transportation and logistics hub for the Southeastern North American continent).

The Atlanta region is home to a very fast-growing and booming population, so employment and career opportunities should be found in the Mortuary field.

If you are looking to convert your academic background in Political Science into a career in Political Science, the Atlanta region is home to a large and growing political scene that is powered by a powerful and dominant Georgia state Republican Party apparatus, a robust Conservative movement, a fast-growing Georgia state Democratic Party apparatus, and a large and dominant corporate community all anchored by the region's status as the site of the capitol of the nation's eighth most-populous state.

If you want to put your background in Borders and Customs into use as a career profession, Atlanta is the site of the world's busiest passenger airport (Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport) with a large and very important U.S. Customs and Border Protection apparatus.

Old 01-30-2018, 07:42 PM

Good evening Born 2 Roll,

Thank you very, very much! The information was very helpful and informative. I appreciate it!

I will begin my searches tonight.

Also, Born 2 Roll, by any chance would you happen to know of any places in Georgia that may be looking for writers or authors.

Old 01-30-2018, 08:19 PM

10,396 posts, read 11,493,034 times
Quote:
Also, Born 2 Roll, by any chance would you happen to know of any places in Georgia that may be looking for writers or authors.
I don't know about authors of books, but you could (and probably should) check in the Atlanta area to see if you might be able to find any opportunities as a screenwriter in Georgia's booming Atlanta-based Television and Film Production industry.

I guess that you might also check with various different private corporations and/or public/government agencies in metro Atlanta's robust private and public sectors to see if you might be able to find any opportunities as a Public Relations/Media Relations person who writes press releases.

Old 01-31-2018, 07:00 AM

Awesome...... Born 2 Roll! Thank you again, I will look into screen writing. I use to do that years ago but I enjoy book writing instead.

I will let you know how that journey works out with the screen writing.

Do you know anything about the area called Lithonia GA, someone mention that area to me.

Old 01-31-2018, 07:22 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,111,141 times
Quote:
Awesome...... Born 2 Roll! Thank you again, I will look into screen writing. I use to do that years ago but I enjoy book writing instead.

I will let you know how that journey works out with the screen writing.

Do you know anything about the area called Lithonia GA, someone mention that area to me.
Lithonia is not good, nor is Stone Mtn. Most of the metro Atlanta area is not good on the east, south, and west sides- unless you get way out.

Old 01-31-2018, 01:53 PM

Exclamation Lithonia

Oh my.... Thank you bryan85 !!

Old 02-06-2018, 12:02 AM

9,818 posts, read 7,928,191 times
Quote:
Oh my.... Thank you bryan85 !!
It's really not as severe as bryan85 claims. The favored area is basically inside and adjacent to the 'V' formed by I-85 to the Northeast and I-75 to the Northwest.

However, there are many nice areas on the East, South & West sides of the Metro. Like any major City, you just have to learn the different sections, and it's a huge area.

The key is finding a job first, and then zeroing in on the right place to settle down. There is basically something for everyone in Atlanta, but you need to find a good realtor to guide you - and there are many.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia