Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2018, 03:56 PM

12 posts, read 18,699 times

Advertisements

Hello all I currently live in north east Tennessee my home owners is less a 1K a year, car insurance is in the high $500 a year for a 2014 vehicle, does southern Georgia suffer the insurance hike like Florida does on homeowners and car insurance? due to hurricanes. kids are all grown up out of house looking to downsize our 3bd 2 ba and be closer to my aging parents who live in south central FL thank you for your time .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2018, 10:41 PM

14 posts, read 12,845 times
Hello
Wow, what timing! I'm in Florida and with Geico paying 2400/year for 2016 Accord and an additional 3000/year for Home Owners. The insurance alone is killing me. So I've been doing a lot of research and calling Geico for quotes on cheaper places to live. I was very shocked that the same car insurance in Georgia (Warner Robbins zip) was not much less than Florida at around 2000/year. I was really shocked by this. My insurance quotes where cheaper for the same or more-depending on each state additional requirements and here it is. Idaho. 74/month, South Carolina 104.month, Tenn 76.month
Georgia, 170/month. Home owners insurance for all those places was about in the range of 1000-1600/year.

Mind you I have no accidents, tickets ect.... just because of the zip and state I live in.

On top of VERY high ac bill in the 350-400/month in Fl.

I was all set to move to Georgia but I'm not to sure now.

Finn

Old 03-26-2018, 10:43 PM

P.S. I probably live close to your parents

Old 03-27-2018, 07:26 AM

Geico does not have homeowners It's 3rd partied mine was through travlers via Geico I went through them my self briefly it was 2K a year $174-mo I had them for a month, now I have nationwide for 722.04 a year my folks live in Sebring, FL Hmm maybe ill stay in TN just further south Chattanooga region thanks for the reply Finn my parents are paying 1,100 for Home owners there new to FL, so once they get homestead exemption it should even out for them

Old 03-27-2018, 09:37 AM

1,388 posts, read 2,255,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinniganFabio View Post
Hello
Wow, what timing! I'm in Florida and with Geico paying 2400/year for 2016 Accord and an additional 3000/year for Home Owners. The insurance alone is killing me. So I've been doing a lot of research and calling Geico for quotes on cheaper places to live. I was very shocked that the same car insurance in Georgia (Warner Robbins zip) was not much less than Florida at around 2000/year. I was really shocked by this. My insurance quotes where cheaper for the same or more-depending on each state additional requirements and here it is. Idaho. 74/month, South Carolina 104.month, Tenn 76.month
Georgia, 170/month. Home owners insurance for all those places was about in the range of 1000-1600/year.

Mind you I have no accidents, tickets ect.... just because of the zip and state I live in.

On top of VERY high ac bill in the 350-400/month in Fl.

I was all set to move to Georgia but I'm not to sure now.

Finn
The auto insurance quote seems a bit high for Central GA to me for someone with a good driving record. Most I know (over 40 years old and married) pay 90-150/month if they have good credit and no accidents/tickets depending on the type of car, etc. You may want to check some other companies. That being said, auto insurance in Georgia is not a steal by any stretch.

Homeowners insurance in Georgia away from the coast is far cheaper than Florida but still more expensive than other places I have lived such as Virginia. We don't have the hurricanes Florida has, but we have more than our fair share of tornadoes and high winds that like to send trees through roofs (and we like our trees--many homes have lots of tall trees nearby).

Old 03-27-2018, 02:23 PM

Hello
I went back to checked again for Warren Robins car insurance with Geico and it was almost what I'm paying now. See attachment. I have good credit and no accidents or tickets.. Nada. I asked the Geico rep why insurance rates have gone up so much and his answer was because (paraphrasing) of the medical cost associated with car accidents has gone up. Likely an excuse to raise rates.

I also checked again for South Carolina, specifically Greenville and it was VERY much lower, like 1500 lower per year for exact same coverage in Florida, Georgia etc.

What a sham insurance is.
Attached Thumbnails
insurance  price hike-screenshot-149-.png  

Old 03-27-2018, 03:21 PM

3,930 posts, read 2,096,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinniganFabio View Post
Hello
I went back to checked again for Warren Robins car insurance with Geico and it was almost what I'm paying now. See attachment. I have good credit and no accidents or tickets.. Nada. I asked the Geico rep why insurance rates have gone up so much and his answer was because (paraphrasing) of the medical cost associated with car accidents has gone up. Likely an excuse to raise rates.

I also checked again for South Carolina, specifically Greenville and it was VERY much lower, like 1500 lower per year for exact same coverage in Florida, Georgia etc.

What a sham insurance is.
Is that quote for all of Georgia or Warner Robins area.

Old 03-27-2018, 03:24 PM

wow that is pricey, the bill payer my wife said we pay $867 a year for two cars, the 2014 Prius with full and a 06 outback that only has basic coverage on it but that here in TN despite its downfalls there are some positives insurance is reasonable at least for us here

Old 03-27-2018, 03:24 PM

3,930 posts, read 2,096,997 times
I found this. Maybe it explains it
https://www.ajc.com/news/state--regi...t8QeTqj0foqwI/

Old 03-27-2018, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
Is that quote for all of Georgia or Warner Robins area.
Warner Robins Zipcodes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia