Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Abrams or Kemp?
Abrams 88 61.97%
Kemp 54 38.03%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2018, 06:16 PM

4,843 posts, read 6,103,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
I understand the argument that moderates will depress turnout some among the more enthusiastic liberal base and less of them will want to turn out and vote for a moderate. There is some merit to that argument.

But in Georgia conservative and moderate voters far outnumber far left liberals. You could have the most far left lib candidate who inspires 100% turnout among that group and they would still lose badly because they would also mobilize sufficient opposition among conservatives and moderates (the clear majority in GA) to defeat them.
After the Hilary situation she was overtly playing moderate Democrats need to excite their base. We don't need Republicans vs Republican lites.

Barney was more liberal then Hillary. Hillary was moderate She won Georgia because she was generally winning the Democrat base, However The Democrat base is going to vote for who the Democrat candidate in the main race is anyways. but that excitement and energy Barney had he was pulling independents and etc. She needs that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2018, 06:29 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,501,220 times
Anyhoo - back here in Georgia.....

Old 05-24-2018, 06:37 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,412,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
After the Hilary situation she was overtly playing moderate Democrats need to excite their base. We don't need Republicans vs Republican

Barney was more liberal then Hillary. Hillary was moderate She won Georgia because she was generally winning the Democrat base, However The Democrat base is going to vote for who the Democrat candidate in the main race is anyways. but that excitement and energy Barney had he was pulling independents and etc. She needs that.
Who's Barney?

Old 05-24-2018, 08:40 PM

5,633 posts, read 5,359,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
There is no country on planet earth that affords people the opportunities America does it is why all these people are trying to come here Illegally.
I'm pretty sure Canada, most countries in Europe, and even Australia provide just about every opportunity America does, but they also provide their citizens many, many benefits that America does not. Well, except to be paid ludicrous sums of money for heading a corporation.

Quote:
If it was so horrible and bad here why are they leaving the supposedly great places they are from to come here?
Third-world people trying to escape to here doesn't put us up on a pedestal....it just means we're better than a third-world country. How many people are fleeing from any of the areas I mentioned above?

Old 05-24-2018, 10:27 PM

1,057 posts, read 868,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samiwas1 View Post
I'm pretty sure Canada, most countries in Europe, and even Australia provide just about every opportunity America does, but they also provide their citizens many, many benefits that America does not. Well, except to be paid ludicrous sums of money for heading a corporation.

Third-world people trying to escape to here doesn't put us up on a pedestal....it just means we're better than a third-world country. How many people are fleeing from any of the areas I mentioned above?
Many of those european countries are still struggling economically and have very high unemployment rates. I want to say that over half of the millennial population in Spain, for example, is unemployed. America is still the seat of economic, technological, medical, educational, entertainment,etc. etc. etc. power in the world. So that’s why you’ll always have people wanting to come here.

Old 05-24-2018, 11:09 PM

2,390 posts, read 4,405,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Truth is there a sizable portion of the white American population who has a problem with both illegal immigration and legal non-European immigration.

Let's be honest with ourselves. White people don't want to lose their majority in America and I don't blame them. Unfortunately with such low birthrates among whites worldwide, it's an inevitable reality that if they want the economy to continue to grow, they have to import non-white immigrants.
lol you folks are pathetic. Especially when those white immigrants are likely the most illegal immigrants in the history of the country.

Old 05-25-2018, 03:30 AM

1,005 posts, read 729,357 times
How voters responded to Georgia long list of ballot questions - WRCBtv.com | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports

The above link also has questions from the GOP survey.

I'm a bit shocked by the question of the Old and New Testament, only because if I were a parent who wanted that, I'd rather people of faith teach it (so religious schools) rather than factory-styled public school education of today. Were one's argument that primary school prepares students for college, both styles would continue to fail them to no recourse. And one wouldn't quite feel this until the loans start biting them or their child in the tail, since most colleges want your money and not your minds. Also interesting is how GOP structured their questions.

Well, I imagine we'll see some of this put into the GOP run-off and Nov elections.

Old 05-25-2018, 06:25 AM

1,456 posts, read 1,321,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seussie View Post
How voters responded to Georgia long list of ballot questions - WRCBtv.com | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports

The above link also has questions from the GOP survey.

I'm a bit shocked by the question of the Old and New Testament, only because if I were a parent who wanted that, I'd rather people of faith teach it (so religious schools) rather than factory-styled public school education of today. Were one's argument that primary school prepares students for college, both styles would continue to fail them to no recourse. And one wouldn't quite feel this until the loans start biting them or their child in the tail, since most colleges want your money and not your minds. Also interesting is how GOP structured their questions.

Well, I imagine we'll see some of this put into the GOP run-off and Nov elections.
Notice how the Republican questions lead to a certain response? Since X happened, shouldn't be ban X? All of the GOP questions are loaded to get a certain response, why am I not surprised lol

Also, that many want religion taught in public schools? Why don't they just go ahead and plan a coup so we can become Gideon as I'm sure they would desire.

Old 05-25-2018, 11:53 AM

1,209 posts, read 2,249,979 times
https://politics.myajc.com/news/stat...XAR9pQfQJVYcI/

Republicans are unnerved because Democratic participation shot up in last week’s primary. For the first time in decades, Democrats came close to matching GOP ballots cast in the primary. And they outnumbered GOP voters in Cobb and Gwinnett counties, longtime bastions of conservative support.

Old 05-25-2018, 04:58 PM

4,790 posts, read 6,875,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
Were Deal's children also able to attend Yale? How can you ask people to pay more to the government, and not even pay your share? Should be an automatic dis-qualifier. Not sure what you do for a living but most businesses fail. That is no different than the amount of people with credit card or student loan debt. What is unacceptable is a politician who can't pay their taxes. Don't you think that is just a bit different than student loan or credit cards? She is a public servant whose salary is paid by the American taxpayer. Talk about hypocritical.

lol do you not remember the whole fiasco about romney only paying a fraction of the taxes he was supposed to be paying? look... we're both white, ok? from your posts it sounds like you grew up like i did, in an all white community with not a lot of knowledge of what was going on in the black community or why. we have been presented with a stereotype of black people being bad with money for years... and it's mainly to justify the way the white community has treated the black community. if you assume everything that's going on with them is their fault, you can justify making policies that oppress them without feeling guilt. it's the same thing this country does to poor people.

my point is that a black woman being in debt falls right into that stereotype in a way that a white politician being in debt wouldn't. and the public is more likely to give a white person a pass for something like this because of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia