Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Abrams or Kemp?
Abrams 88 61.97%
Kemp 54 38.03%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2018, 11:24 AM

10,744 posts, read 13,386,955 times

Advertisements

I imagine lots of folks are like me and don't vote early because you never know what is going to happen over the next two weeks or so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2018, 11:40 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,295,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
I imagine lots of folks are like me and don't vote early because you never know what is going to happen over the next two weeks or so.
Counterpoint: You could get run over by a truck during the early voting period and then you never got to vote.

Old 10-19-2018, 11:44 AM

1,456 posts, read 1,321,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDreaming01 View Post
We cross posted. Great point about the number of polling places.
Lol we were on it with those stats!

Old 10-19-2018, 11:47 AM

2,074 posts, read 1,353,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
This is the most ignorant (and revealing) post so far on this thread, and that's a massive achievement. People committing gun crimes probably don't vote or have strong political beliefs. They live by a code that neither political party condones or caters to.

You made an ignorant comment. I showed you how ignorant it was.

Old 10-19-2018, 12:10 PM
bu2

24,104 posts, read 14,885,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
Integrity of the voting process? Much research has been done into voter fraud and the people who say voter fraud is prevalent have no base for their claim.
People get arrested for it all the time. The only question is how prevalent it is. People up above have their head in the sand or don't know history. There is no question it was massive in the past. It is widely believed that Mayor Daley stole Illinois for JFK in 1960 where JFK won by less than 9000 votes. He also got help in South Texas, but probably not enough to swing the state. The political boss down there stole the election that first got LBJ elected to the Senate and that case is almost unanimously believed. https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/2016...-stolen-trump/ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Box_13_scandal

As for examples: https://www.heritage.org/election-in...e-growing-list

"...This week, The Heritage Foundation added 26 new entries to its election fraud database, bringing the searchable ledger to a total of 1,132 proven instances of election fraud. That includes 983 cases that ended in a criminal conviction, 48 that led to civil penalties, 79 where defendants were enrolled in a diversion program, and 22 cases of official or judicial findings of fraud...."

Old 10-19-2018, 12:25 PM
bu2

24,104 posts, read 14,885,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDreaming01 View Post
Some stats for reference from the most populous metro counties. georgiavotes.com

Cobb's early voting thus far is 127% higher than last year. 38% of those voting are new voters. Whites make up 55%.

Gwinnett's numbers are up 141% with minorities making up about 55% of the vote. 35% are new voters.

Fulton's early voting is 385% higher and minorities make up 52%. 28.9% are new voters.

Clayton County is up 419%. 83% of those voting are minorities. 27.9% are new voters.

Dekalb's numbers are up 170% with minorities making up 67%. 27% are new voters.

Not sure why the line was so sparse in College Park but it looks like overall Fulton has a higher turnout than in Cobb, as do the the counties with high minority populations. Perhaps some voters are waiting until the weekend. Maybe some have to work. Looking at the Cobb numbers more closely, the voters skewed much older--40% were 65+ and 70% were 50+.
There have been some studies. Early voting bears no relation to who actually wins. So it doesn't really matter if Forsyth or Dekalb have unusual early voting. Its just a function of what the campaigns emphasize.

Old 10-19-2018, 12:54 PM

10,744 posts, read 13,386,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
Counterpoint: You could get run over by a truck during the early voting period and then you never got to vote.
Too funny!

Old 10-19-2018, 12:59 PM

23,463 posts, read 44,090,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
Exactly my position on the matter.

Old 10-19-2018, 01:10 PM

23,463 posts, read 44,090,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Town Down View Post
I haven't decided if I'll vote early yet, but not for the above reasons. I doubt either candidate could do anything to sway my vote in the opposite direction at this point.
Eleventh hour bombshells are not a rarity come election time.

Pre-election legal bombshells not unprecedented

Old 10-19-2018, 09:24 PM

4,757 posts, read 3,366,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samiwas1 View Post
You can't blast others for citing "nonsensical talking points" when you're also talking about "massive amounts of Democratic voter fraud", which is not borne out by any facts.

So, you've got 1,132 proven cases (some on the list are the same case listed multiple times for multiple conspirators) of voter fraud over more than 25 years including even local, small-town elections. Even if that number was multiplied by 100 and was for only federal presidential elections, you'd have an average of 18,112 fraudulent votes each time. That would be 0.01% fraud. If you concentrated all of that fraud into one state, you might be able to swing New Hampshire. I'm not sure I can consider that massive voter fraud.

I'm not going to go research all of the stories, but I can guarantee you that it's not overwhelmingly Democratic fraud.

I've yet to find any credible research that says voter fraud is prevalent. Most of the articles that say it is are basing their info. from very specific stats...they're basically finding a small grain of what satisfies their belief and are making it into a big deal when it's so insignificant....i can't...I'm tired. Good night everyone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia