Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 06:44 PM

5,616 posts, read 8,653,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodadvise2 View Post
I have always wanted to move to georgia I am a single mother of two.have read some of the posts here.is it really that bad?would love somewere safe for my two girls and I to move too.and suggestions will help
Do you have a job lined up? If not, don't move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2012, 05:34 PM

1,808 posts, read 4,038,821 times
I hear all the time how safe the north Macon suburbs are, perhaps you could look into those.

Old 07-31-2012, 10:43 AM

91 posts, read 307,256 times
Stay away from Macon. What an armpit

Old 07-31-2012, 01:53 PM
RNF

141 posts, read 232,661 times
lol At someone comparing Wyoming to GA.

Anyway move around atlanta's northern surburbs.

Old 01-04-2013, 06:39 AM

4 posts, read 9,191 times
Hello everyone
I am moving to Georgia in last than; and I was wondering could anyone tell me about Dallas Ga & their school d. I have three girls 11,8,7 .. I haven't start looking for a job yet b/c I'm sure their are many jobs in my field once I graduate in Dec in Elementary Education.. But, if anyone knows of great schools to work anywhere but Atlanta please let me know. The reason I said that b/c I heard that the traffic in Atlanta is crazy. If you guys know any other small areas that's safe and nice for a family of five please fill free to chime in. Thanks in advance!!
Oh by the way what about riverdale, Rex??

Old 01-04-2013, 06:52 AM

4 posts, read 9,191 times
Less than a year

Old 01-04-2013, 08:21 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,310,229 times
Unless Atlanta is different from pretty much anywhere else in the country, school districts are cutting back for financial reasons and teaching jobs are very hard to come by. My niece was an elementary education major a couple of years ago but changed her major when she found that her college in the Upper Midwest was actually busing education majors on short trips to Alaska to look at job opportunities there because jobs in any other state were almost impossible to come by.

If you learn nothing else from these forums, take this to heart: do NOT move without having a job secured before moving, and have it in writing. The economy is not good anywhere right now, and if you move without a job and can't find one, it could be disastrous. It does sound like you have a husband, though. Does he have a job lined up that you could subsist on if nothing comes through for you?

Old 02-09-2013, 12:00 PM

1 posts, read 2,334 times
Im a disabled vet and need to rent an apt or small house (2 bedroom) but i need to live in a safe area, please advise!

Old 02-10-2013, 02:37 AM

83 posts, read 135,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy3wifey1 View Post
Hello everyone
I am moving to Georgia in last than; and I was wondering could anyone tell me about Dallas Ga & their school d. I have three girls 11,8,7 .. I haven't start looking for a job yet b/c I'm sure their are many jobs in my field once I graduate in Dec in Elementary Education.. But, if anyone knows of great schools to work anywhere but Atlanta please let me know. The reason I said that b/c I heard that the traffic in Atlanta is crazy. If you guys know any other small areas that's safe and nice for a family of five please fill free to chime in. Thanks in advance!!
Oh by the way what about riverdale, Rex??
Riverdale and Rex are not nice areas, I wouldn't advise living there and preferably not working there, either. If you meant living in Dallas, GA and commuting to Riverdale or Rex, that's a long commute, too.

Old 02-10-2013, 08:51 AM

23 posts, read 73,107 times
[quote=pha25;18937272]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiapeach32 View Post
I've lived in GA all my life (I'm 32) and I'm sick of it. I'm trying to get out but don't let that scare you. I've been here all my life so you probably could imagine how I feel. GA has changed a lot.......and I'm talking recent changes in the past 15 years. The traffic here is awful. This is because they're building tons and tons of subdivisions and the roads aren't built for the burgeoning population. Whenever I drive I avoid the interstates cause they mortify me, but you may have a different feeling about interstate driving so again, don't let that scare you.

Anyway here goes with the safe areas.....at all costs avoid any and everything in Clayton County (not to be confused with Claxton County). The crime is awful and their school system is losing its accreditation. This is sad because 15 years ago, this was one of the best counties to live in. Don't move to Atlanta...crime is horrible. Atlanta is in Fulton County and if you must move to fulton county remember that north Fulton is waaaaaaaaaaaay better than south fulton. North Fulton has an excellent school system by the way! Gwinnett County used to be the place to go but now traffic is horrible, gangs have moved in and the schools are very overcrowded. There are still some cities in Gwinnett that are worth mentioning though, like Dacula, Buford, Lawrenceville and Duluth are all nice. If you have a really nice income,cities like Alpharetta, Marietta, Sandy Springs, Cumming, North Decatur are really nice. Stay out of South Decatur though! Cities that are nice but will have you stuck in traffic for hours because of the commute are Winder, Acworth, Kennesaw and a few more. Contact me if you need more info.[/qu
wat about Buckhead

Thank You!! althought the traffic in S. Florida is pretty awful but we are looking more off the beat and path...maybe outside Gainsville or even Dahlonega.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia