Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 08:42 PM

2 posts, read 15,118 times

Advertisements

[quote=Georgiapeach32;3320388]I've lived in GA all my life (I'm 32) and I'm sick of it. I'm trying to get out but don't let that scare you. I've been here all my life so you probably could imagine how I feel. GA has changed a lot.......and I'm talking recent changes in the past 15 years. The traffic here is awful. This is because they're building tons and tons of subdivisions and the roads aren't built for the burgeoning population. Whenever I drive I avoid the interstates cause they mortify me, but you may have a different feeling about interstate driving so again, don't let that scare you.

Anyway here goes with the safe areas.....at all costs avoid any and everything in Clayton County (not to be confused with Claxton County). The crime is awful and their school system is losing its accreditation. This is sad because 15 years ago, this was one of the best counties to live in. Don't move to Atlanta...crime is horrible. Atlanta is in Fulton County and if you must move to fulton county remember that north Fulton is waaaaaaaaaaaay better than south fulton. North Fulton has an excellent school system by the way! Gwinnett County used to be the place to go but now traffic is horrible, gangs have moved in and the schools are very overcrowded. There are still some cities in Gwinnett that are worth mentioning though, like Dacula, Buford, Lawrenceville and Duluth are all nice. If you have a really nice income,cities like Alpharetta, Marietta, Sandy Springs, Cumming, North Decatur are really nice. Stay out of South Decatur though! Cities that are nice but will have you stuck in traffic for hours because of the commute are Winder, Acworth, Kennesaw and a few more. Contact me if you need more info.[/qu
wat about Buckhead
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2011, 08:48 PM

2 posts, read 15,118 times
wat about Buckhead?

Old 05-01-2011, 11:44 PM

Location: (Orginally From Ann Arbor, MI) Now reside in Evans, Georgia
560 posts, read 1,142,711 times
best suggestion I can offer is Community Policing & Neighborhood Crime Statistics | CrimeReports.com is your friend =)

Old 10-13-2011, 01:21 AM

1 posts, read 7,200 times
Default how about savannah or pooler richmond I think it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiapeach32 View Post
I've lived in GA all my life (I'm 32) and I'm sick of it. I'm trying to get out but don't let that scare you. I've been here all my life so you probably could imagine how I feel. GA has changed a lot.......and I'm talking recent changes in the past 15 years. The traffic here is awful. This is because they're building tons and tons of subdivisions and the roads aren't built for the burgeoning population. Whenever I drive I avoid the interstates cause they mortify me, but you may have a different feeling about interstate driving so again, don't let that scare you.

Anyway here goes with the safe areas.....at all costs avoid any and everything in Clayton County (not to be confused with Claxton County). The crime is awful and their school system is losing its accreditation. This is sad because 15 years ago, this was one of the best counties to live in. Don't move to Atlanta...crime is horrible. Atlanta is in Fulton County and if you must move to fulton county remember that north Fulton is waaaaaaaaaaaay better than south fulton. North Fulton has an excellent school system by the way! Gwinnett County used to be the place to go but now traffic is horrible, gangs have moved in and the schools are very overcrowded. There are still some cities in Gwinnett that are worth mentioning though, like Dacula, Buford, Lawrenceville and Duluth are all nice. If you have a really nice income,cities like Alpharetta, Marietta, Sandy Springs, Cumming, North Decatur are really nice. Stay out of South Decatur though! Cities that are nice but will have you stuck in traffic for hours because of the commute are Winder, Acworth, Kennesaw and a few more. Contact me if you need more info.
How is it near or in savannah?

Old 03-16-2012, 02:12 PM

1 posts, read 6,852 times
Hi, I'm from NJ and looking to move. I found a house I really like in Warner Robins, GA.
I'm not too healthy in heat and allergy season for me, really never goes away.
Other then that, I'm not really concerned.
No matter where you live, bad things are gonna happen. I've heard Warner Robins is very quite though. So if someone could tell me more info.
Property taxes, winter time snow?, bugs, etc. that would be great.
It's hot and humid here, Mosquitos are really bad here.
I've been watching the weather in GA and some days I see it's worse here then there.
I have family here in NJ, so if it doesn't snow or much, I can still come here on holidays to get my fill.
Thanks. Btw, I totally feel for the 32 yr old. I have lived in nj all my life. I hate it here in nj.

Old 03-19-2012, 09:32 AM

2,814 posts, read 6,869,855 times
Maybe Watkinsville, which is a burbish rural area right outside of Athens. I remember that the schools were good and it seemed very safe. The best thing was being right near Athens, which imo is the coolest little town in GA.

Old 04-01-2012, 06:56 PM

2 posts, read 7,762 times
I was looking to move to some were in geogia my self...lol... i live in wisconsin 20 mins out from milwaukee...soo....dont want to move to florida miami with my daughter, but we want to be near each other...so we said maybe geogia...we both move there maybe sandy springs a nice area....it cant be any worse then milwaukee wi......or miami...i am sick of the cold winters but dont want the real hot winters...i am from england but have lived here for years and years....HELP...any more idears....rent.... i would like to pay is $1000/1500 a month i should get some think nice for that A?

Old 04-02-2012, 11:07 AM

39 posts, read 110,698 times
I am planning to start my office in Georgia. I'm so surprised by rent in Atlanta I want a place that is affordable and low crime and friendly people. Want some place with good and safe neighborhood. I would prefer those areas that does not have a lot of crimes such as Atlanta but it should be closer enough to the city.

Old 06-20-2012, 01:21 PM

23 posts, read 73,072 times
Default Do we really care the size of Wyoming Montana etc compared to Ga?

I think we are getting off track here. Everyone is just giving opinions and shouldn't be taken to offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_X View Post
//www.city-data.com/city/Georgia.html
//www.city-data.com/city/Wyoming.html
//www.city-data.com/city/Montana.html

Wyoming has a grand total of 13 cities with a population of more than 6,000 and only 3 of those have more than 20,000.

Montana has a grand total of 15 cities with a population of more than 6,000, and 8 of those less than 10,000.

As one can clearly see on those links, Georgia has several more nice sized towns encompassed within a much, much smaller land area than Wyoming and Montana.

The very few towns Wyoming and Montana have with populations of 6,000 or more.....are scattered all over those large states.....while Georgia has several more nice sized towns that are much closer together. When you throw those facts into the bag, and then combine differences in demographics and scenery........you just cant compare rural georgia to rural wyoming/montana. They are just too different.

It's like tossing the urban areas of Georgia and the urban areas of New Jersey into the same bag. Both technically urban....but not really much alike at all.

When you are in a rural area of Georgia, you are only a short drive away from some micropolitan city, 2nd tier metropolitan city, or the city of ATL itself, perhaps near 2 or all 3.

You are more than likely even closer to other NICE SIZED rural towns between 6,000-10,000.

In Wyoming and Montana, MOST of the rural areas of the states are a ton of miles from just being close to a decent sized rural town with ATLEAST 6,000. The landscape and the racial make up is going to look much different too. You cant compare rural Georgia to rural Wyoming/Montana.

Old 07-29-2012, 04:33 PM

1 posts, read 6,190 times
I have always wanted to move to georgia I am a single mother of two.have read some of the posts here.is it really that bad?would love somewere safe for my two girls and I to move too.and suggestions will help
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia