Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 09:56 AM

3 posts, read 14,185 times

Advertisements

I like anything north of Atlanta, the north ga mountains being my favorite (especially Blue Ridge).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2007, 09:05 AM

34 posts, read 135,243 times
Default This should help

New Construction in Houston County GA is between $90 and $110 per square ft. Houston County Schools are probably the best in GA. Taxes on a $100,000 home are approximately $1,300 per year for city and county taxes. You can call insurance companies in the area to insurance quotes, but a rough estimate is about $50 per month for a $100,000 home. Cities in Houston County are Warner Robins, Kathleen, Bonaire, and Centerville.

Old 06-01-2007, 08:51 AM

Location: Halfway between Number 4 Privet Drive and Forks, WA
1,516 posts, read 4,589,708 times
and Perry is also in Houston County

Old 06-09-2007, 05:37 AM

11 posts, read 79,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnemaman View Post
My husband just started a job in GA and we were looking at Peachtree City to live. His job is in Lagrange. Some people in his office live in Newnan.

We have the option to live in Greenville, SC. I am wondering which would be best for us. I like Greenville as it seems smaller/ more accessable. Atlanta seems overwhelming to me.

Any feedback? I would like some info that would help me make my decision from overseas. I won't move until August right before school starts.

Thank you.

Greenville is a GREAT place to live, but it's nowhere NEAR Peachtree City, Atlanta or Newnan.... does he have a choice of locations?

Old 06-09-2007, 02:56 PM

4 posts, read 19,361 times
North Fulton County; 3BR 2BA homes in nice subdivision $175,000 to $225,000; excellent schools, shopping mall 10-15 minutes; park and ride 5 minutes, bus to train to downtown and airport. Taxes approx $2500; Homeowners Insurance about $800; car insurance...your local agent could recommend an agent in Alpharetta, or Milton (new city) to provide accurate quote.
Marathon07

Old 06-09-2007, 11:59 PM

276 posts, read 1,127,377 times
I am considering moving from Fl to GA in the next year or so...If anyone has any information about cost of living, taxes, neihborhood type communities, good middle and high schools(I have a 6th grader). We are looking to buy a house but we do not want to live in the city but not in the boonies either. We are origionally from NH and are concerned with some chatter that we have heard that GA(as other southern states) are not so keen on us northeners taking over. I want to live in a family orientated area and a small type town as well. Any help would be appreciated. I have heard of Alpharetta and Cummings does anyone know of these areas and if so how are they. I have heard that Fulton county is one of the best in the state. I would like to hear all opinions(pro and con) about the areas of suggestion as well as pros and cons of reloating to GA from FL
Thanks

Old 06-10-2007, 12:09 AM

276 posts, read 1,127,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavinFlorida View Post
I think the development that Tiffani is thinking of in Flowery Branch is called Sterling on the lake. We've looked there too as well as other areas in Gwinnett. It is beautiful. Looking to move from So Fla because yes the taxes and insurance are just outrageous.for example a $400,000 home would have real estate taxes of $10,000 a year. We've outgrown our house here although we love our area, its hard to afford to buy another home here thats bigger.Most houses here start around $500,000. We have 2 kids one in elem & one in middle, the schools here in my area are great and I hate to leave the sun and palm trees but think it may come to that. That development in Flowery branch seems awesome for kids and shopping was close by. that was the area we liked best. My sister & her family live in Bethlehem GA which is a little too rural for me but she likes it there and has 3 young kids. Were looking for a nice (safe) family area with stuff to do (both kids are into sports) & good schools. When we visit Ga we love it and can picture ourselves living there but when we come back home to Florida we are confused again. Its a hard decision to make that move but so many are going. Other South Floridians - what do you think? where is the best place?
Did you leave Florida? I am considering leaving SWFL. Its just to expensive..in more ways than one...I have a daughter in middle school and would love to go to GA and check things out...My husband has and loves it ..any suggestions ....what are you impressions since you have moved(if you have) and if you have not are you still planning too?
Thanks
Lisa

Old 06-11-2007, 11:59 AM

1 posts, read 8,293 times
Default Any ideas about Sunshine Road in Swainsboro, Georgia?

Anybody know about Sunshine Road in Swainsboro, Georgia? It's neighborhood, accesibility to hospital, schools, church and stores? Is it a good place to live? Might be moving there soon so please, I need help!

Old 06-11-2007, 04:46 PM

1 posts, read 8,273 times
Talking Wanting to relocate to GA

I've been to Stone Mountain/ Gwinette to visit also to Decatur. I love ATL and want to move. Currently I live In Charlotte NC and I Love it too, love my Pastor and church but right now in my life I believe ATL has more of what I need. I need more culture, more jazz nite-life, more eligible adult men 45 and above. I just don't know where to start, I'm a New Yorker and miss more city life but I don't want to move back there. My oldest daughter wants to go to Clark Atlanta and that's what made me want to go now, but I also have 2 other children to think of so I want a nice affordable area ,possibly a rental home or townhouse until I decide where to buy, also my son is into basketball / golf and want a great start for them, anyone with any good suggestions please HELP!!!!!!!:

Old 06-18-2007, 08:12 AM

4 posts, read 18,721 times
I am thinking of relocating to Brunswick Ga. area from Central Fl. I work for myself, and travel to Northwest NC and Philadelphia, and this would take some travel time off me.. I looked at new homes on area of West Glynne County, near I 95, and seemed like a good deal sarting at $129,900, on a half acre lot last year,and still be built at same price, and , also see AOL has them as a great place to buy a vacation home, I know the weather is a little cooler than Fl. , but taxes, insurance are less, as well as upkeep on a new home, as opposed to used home, schools are not a concern, but safety is, appreciate any help with decision, big problem if I decide is selling place in Fl.is getting a buyer, would be willing to sell at whatever I could get, thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia