Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2018, 11:46 AM

391 posts, read 158,666 times

Advertisements

https://www.rockdalenewtoncitizen.co...QjMu3YgFSZYEfo

Hopefully independents read this and moderate democrats read this and realize how full of crap Abrams is,she sounds like Obama with his 57 states remark when she talks about a nonexistent county in Georgia!

Old 10-20-2018, 12:19 PM

1,054 posts, read 880,131 times
If Politifact wasted its time rating that column it'd be Pants on Fire.

So consider the record still unstraightened.

E: and there was no reason to start a new thread for this, you're active in the Abrams/Kemp thread

Last edited by JayHey; 10-20-2018 at 12:45 PM..

Old 10-20-2018, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayHey View Post
If Politifact wasted its time rating that column it'd be Pants on Fire.

So consider the record still unstraightened.

E: and there was no reason to start a new thread for this, you're active in the Abrams/Kemp thread
Please be my guest and "correct" what he got wrong. I can't wait to read this.

Old 10-20-2018, 01:51 PM

Sure, I'll just stick to the outright lies and not even touch the sophomoric insults, half-truths, or misleading statements to save time though.

Quote:
Anyone with eyes can watch and see that the shotgun was pointed nowhere near Jake.
"Nowhere near" is a lie. The barrel is pointed in his general direction and with the context of the ad, the point of fatherly intimidation via the shotgun in hand is obvious. I don't think the ad is a big deal and don't like Abram's ad about it, but lying that it was pointed nowhere near the guy is a silly lie to make.

Quote:
Stacy Abrams — who has stated that she will disarm the state
This is irrefutably a lie. Abrams platform includes restricting sales of certain automatic weapons, but the claim above is stupid to make.

Quote:
Stacey Abrams has an ad that says a vote for Kemp means that none of us will have health care anymore and everybody will die.
...I've been lucky enough to miss this one or Mr. Huckaby is an unrepentant liar.

Quote:
Brian Kemp will actually help save lives by bringing medical care to rural Georgia, where few doctors have chosen to practice. Stacey Abrams is promising free health care for all, by expanding Medicaid and creating universal health care in Georgia, which will cost the average taxpayer about $13,000. Not each family. Each taxpayer.
Abrams' and Kemp's position with rural medical services is identical. Abrams is not promising free health care for all. Expanding Medicaid is simply accepting available federal money, not "creating universal health care" which was just a lie that Kemp said about Medicaid expansion. Claiming that will cost each Georgia taxpayer that much money is a blatant lie.

Quote:
Stacey Abrams said out loud that we should be ashamed to work in agriculture — our largest state industry — or hospitality.
Had to google this one and if this is where that statement came from our unscrupulous writer has outdone himself and if his parents are still alive today they are most certainly ashamed of the compulsive liar their son turned out to be.

Abrams was talking about creating more diversified jobs and that no one in Georgia should be forced into an industry by means of literally no other options being available to them. How any person on the political spectrum could take umbrage to that sentiment is bewildering, especially those who style themself as "pro-business".

I disagree with the author over most of his piece, but believe that his message would be better served by eliminating the blatant lies. It isn't necessary to be devious when writing an opinion piece. The author compares himself to Lewis Grizzard on his website. I have all of Mr. Grizzard's books on my shelf and have to say that the author's comparison of himself is the last great lie I'll cover here.

Old 10-20-2018, 01:54 PM

8,302 posts, read 5,696,736 times
But...but...MY GUNS!!!

/sarcasm

Old 10-20-2018, 02:01 PM

Quote:
The author compares himself to Lewis Grizzard on his website. I have all of Mr. Grizzard's books on my shelf and have to say that the author's comparison of himself is the last great lie I'll cover here.
Grizzard was a product of his time/location and this isn't a knock against his work as a journalist. But in all fairness to the author in the OP. I have no doubt if he were still here, he'd also be a staunch Kemp supporter given how he would constantly rail against progress and pine for the return of the "Old South." That's not even to speak of the charges of racism against him when he worked in Chicago. In the context of 2018, Grizzard was a pretty awful person as far as his character.

BTW, Kemp does seem to be awfully chummy with the natives here in Grizzard's hometown of Newnan, from what I've seen. And Grizzard would probably freak out if he saw Newnan today.

Old 10-20-2018, 02:09 PM

I don't really have any doubts the Lewis would be a vocal Kemp supporter, but he wrote with a sense of wit and veracity that this writer doesn't seem capable of. Or maybe I just think he had sick GT burns, I dunno.

Old 10-20-2018, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Sure, I'll just stick to the outright lies and not even touch the sophomoric insults, half-truths, or misleading statements to save time though.

"Nowhere near" is a lie. The barrel is pointed in his general direction and with the context of the ad, the point of fatherly intimidation via the shotgun in hand is obvious. I don't think the ad is a big deal and don't like Abram's ad about it, but lying that it was pointed nowhere near the guy is a silly lie to make.

This is irrefutably a lie. Abrams platform includes restricting sales of certain automatic weapons, but the claim above is stupid to make.

...I've been lucky enough to miss this one or Mr. Huckaby is an unrepentant liar.

Abrams' and Kemp's position with rural medical services is identical. Abrams is not promising free health care for all. Expanding Medicaid is simply accepting available federal money, not "creating universal health care" which was just a lie that Kemp said about Medicaid expansion. Claiming that will cost each Georgia taxpayer that much money is a blatant lie.

Had to google this one and if this is where that statement came from our unscrupulous writer has outdone himself and if his parents are still alive today they are most certainly ashamed of the compulsive liar their son turned out to be.

Abrams was talking about creating more diversified jobs and that no one in Georgia should be forced into an industry by means of literally no other options being available to them. How any person on the political spectrum could take umbrage to that sentiment is bewildering, especially those who style themself as "pro-business".

I disagree with the author over most of his piece, but believe that his message would be better served by eliminating the blatant lies. It isn't necessary to be devious when writing an opinion piece. The author compares himself to Lewis Grizzard on his website. I have all of Mr. Grizzard's books on my shelf and have to say that the author's comparison of himself is the last great lie I'll cover here.
Automatic guns are already banned and yes she will try to disarm the populace here that's EVERY leftist's ultimate goal.
I have seen the ad AND I saw the idiots stalking the Kemp campaign bus with their goofy ad on the side about healthcare if Kemp got elected
She said people shouldn't need to be Farmers when in fact Agriculture is the biggest industry in Georgia!

She is an idiot who names a county that doesn't exist in Georgia while she is in NY pandering to leftist donors for more money because she knows people in Georgia DO NOT want her as governor unless they are African American or White Leftists which there is no surprise there....mentally ill always vote against their own interests.

The article is 100% spot on and Abrams is a lying POS....personally I wish the race was over already because I am tired of seeing ad after ad after ad. I already know who I am voting for.

Old 10-20-2018, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citidata18 View Post
But...but...MY GUNS!!!

/sarcasm
Sorry you don't care for the 2nd amendment....I can suggest some countries that don't want their population armed....make you feel more at home there.

Old 10-20-2018, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odium14 View Post
Sorry you don't care for the 2nd amendment....I can suggest some countries that don't want their population armed....make you feel more at home there.
I'm a gun owner myself, just for the record.

That post was merely an inside joke for myself poking fun at the voters who will let such a hateful, regressive and incompetent individual become the leader of Georgia over a single issue (that single issue typically being gun control).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia