Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2018, 03:59 AM

911 posts, read 2,143,116 times

Advertisements

It seems like ATL and Birmingham are racing for the state line. Meth aside, you can still have safety and peace though, for the most part, in most places. Dallas seems to be teetering on the edge of sprawl...
What do you think the next 30 years or so holds for the area? Have thought about moving back but I'm afraid it won't be so laid back for long...
Anyone want to take a stab at the future of Waco? Tallapoosa? Bremen? Buchanan?
Villa Rica and Dallas are already beginning to be too 'sprawly' for me.

No offense intended to anyone partial to these places, it's just my preference to be more rural and less chainy. Less crime, less taxes. Community feel. I really love the area but I'm tying to figure out where it's headed before I get settled again. I really want to stay put somewhere this time lol.
SW Virginia is my other option. Now I hear that it's going through a population boom lol. Of course 😂
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2018, 06:25 AM

10,331 posts, read 11,311,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by famlife View Post
It seems like ATL and Birmingham are racing for the state line. Meth aside, you can still have safety and peace though, for the most part, in most places. Dallas seems to be teetering on the edge of sprawl...
What do you think the next 30 years or so holds for the area? Have thought about moving back but I'm afraid it won't be so laid back for long...
Anyone want to take a stab at the future of Waco? Tallapoosa? Bremen? Buchanan?
Villa Rica and Dallas are already beginning to be too 'sprawly' for me.

No offense intended to anyone partial to these places, it's just my preference to be more rural and less chainy. Less crime, less taxes. Community feel. I really love the area but I'm tying to figure out where it's headed before I get settled again. I really want to stay put somewhere this time lol.
SW Virginia is my other option. Now I hear that it's going through a population boom lol. Of course 😂
Of the three counties that you named, Paulding County is likely to see the most growth and development over the next 3 decades or so.

Carroll County is likely to see continued modest growth (by metro Atlanta/North Georgia/Sunbelt standards), particularly in the corridor between Carrollton, Temple and Villa Rica.

Because of its relatively close distance to Atlanta, Haralson County is likely to see continued natural exurban growth, but probably nothing along the lines of or close to the somewhat fairly heavy suburban "sprawl" that has spilled over into Paulding County from Cobb County.

Paulding County in particular is likely to continue to suburbanize and grow in population and development, particularly in the eastern half of the county that is closest to a rapidly urbanizing Cobb County.

Much of the western half of Paulding County is a protected WMA (Wildlife Management Area) that is likely to help that part of the county stay largely undeveloped as a contrast to the increasingly much more heavily developed eastern half of the county.

Old 11-18-2018, 09:29 AM

7,468 posts, read 6,181,778 times
I live in Carroll county and its beginning to feel like an Atlanta suburb. If you want to move and have assurance of a rural lifestyle in the future, I would move into Alabama.

Old 11-18-2018, 10:58 AM

10,331 posts, read 11,311,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
I live in Carroll county and its beginning to feel like an Atlanta suburb. If you want to move and have assurance of a rural lifestyle in the future, I would move into Alabama.
This.

Carroll County (and Carrollton in particular) also attracts lots of people from the rest of metro Atlanta and North Georgia because it is home to a 15,000-student campus at the University of West Georgia... A campus that appears to have a significant amount of continuing growth potential as metro Atlanta and North Georgia keep growing at a robust rate.

Carroll County also has much potential for continued growth because it is officially part of the 29-county Atlanta metropolitan area and could attract new residents who will want a cheaper alternative to the higher housing prices and higher cost-of-living on the Northside.

Old 11-18-2018, 02:32 PM

911 posts, read 2,143,116 times
Not the best news I could hope for, but thanks for putting it straight.

Old 11-24-2018, 01:45 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,776,034 times
Haralson will stay rural the longest for sure. Have you thought of just north into Polk or just south into Heard? Similar to Harlason, less likely to grow as mentioned above as Paulding or Carroll.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia