U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2019, 07:47 AM

1,186 posts, read 1,649,392 times

Advertisements

I agree. Retaliation. Not sure when the change will get here though. I think it depends on 2020. 2020 will be close again, but if Trump wins a 2nd term, the backlash by 2024 will lead to a Democratic landslide nationwide much like 2008 after 8 years of Republican control. If Dems win the Presidency in 2020, change in places like Georgia will be slower. Either way, the fact that races are now competitive is proof things are changing.

Old 04-14-2019, 07:48 AM

4,492 posts, read 6,368,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
Denial ain't a river in Egypt.
Oh she is in denial...evident by her unprofessionalism.

Old 04-14-2019, 08:58 AM

23,125 posts, read 36,391,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1984 View Post
So cite some specific examples of said unprofessionalism; otherwise, you're just flinging do-do at the wall.
My personal idea of unprofessionalism is maintaining a supervisory position over an election in which you are a candidate. Never mind that egregious breach of ethical behavior; watching your man point a firearm at a teenaged boy weeks after the Parkland massacre was enough to convince me that Georgia elected the wrong candidate.

Old 04-14-2019, 09:02 AM

13,683 posts, read 17,790,693 times
Quote:
What the HELL are you talking about?! Stacy Abrams is probably the most educated (Jurist Doctorate in Law from Harvard) and articulate person who EVER ran for governor of Georgia -- black, white, male, female or other. She ran a great campaign and almost won against VERY high odds in a state that just 50 years ago elected an avoid white supremacist and racist Lester Maddox!

As for professionalism and ethics ... SHE resigned from the Senate to run for governor to avoid any conflicts while Kemp remained Secretary of State and oversaw his own election! She is absolutely right to question the fairness of our election process. There is nothing "unprofessional" about her motives.

Oh .... and if Kemp was such a bad candidate what does that say for the future of the GOP in Georgia? Abrams is a rock star compared to him. If she runs for the Senate, she'll win.

Yeah ... somebody's in denial all right!

Last edited by Newsboy; 04-14-2019 at 09:13 AM..

Old 04-14-2019, 09:05 AM

23,125 posts, read 36,391,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
Oh .... and if Kemp was such a bad candidate what does that say for the future of the GOP in Georgia?
My thought exactly when I read that lame comment.

Great minds.

Old 04-14-2019, 02:25 PM

3,446 posts, read 3,448,908 times
Default Stacey abrams...

Quote:
This lady just needs to go away. The temper tantrum she continues to throw is embarrassing. Move on lady, Georgia wants nothing to do with you.

Speak for yourself, Columbus.

I'm more concerned about not ever again seeing any last minute fake charges occur in any future campaign in Georgia such as those that the Kemp Secretary of State's office made that hysterically cried that the Democrats had tried to hack the state election system. Remember that my friend? Did you really believe that last minute desperation by the kemp camp & Georgia gop, much less believe that there would be an ongoing serious investigation made by the FBI as was claimed. If there is one ongoing, what evidence do we have of it?
The election was over 5 months ago. As of Friday, Jim Galloway's AJC column noted that nobody in the Democratic Party of Georgia or the former political apparatus of Stacey Abrams had been contacted, much less interviewed by any law enforcement source, be it FBI or any other investigatory agency.
So, let's be honest. What appears to have happened in the waning days of the election campaign in terms of the hacking insinuation? Pardon me for being a cynic toward the Georgia gop but it was a big, fat lie. So, what they have earned from me is a big fat vote of "No Confidence!
Flagrant crookedness & false charge fakery by the Georgia gop is what I want "to go away"!

Old 04-14-2019, 02:29 PM

3,446 posts, read 3,448,908 times
Default Stacey Abrams

Quote:
What the HELL are you talking about?! Stacy Abrams is probably the most educated (Jurist Doctorate in Law from Harvard) and articulate person who EVER ran for governor of Georgia -- black, white, male, female or other. She ran a great campaign and almost won against VERY high odds in a state that just 50 years ago elected an avoid white supremacist and racist Lester Maddox!

As for professionalism and ethics ... SHE resigned from the Senate to run for governor to avoid any conflicts while Kemp remained Secretary of State and oversaw his own election! She is absolutely right to question the fairness of our election process. There is nothing "unprofessional" about her motives.

Oh .... and if Kemp was such a bad candidate what does that say for the future of the GOP in Georgia? Abrams is a rock star compared to him. If she runs for the Senate, she'll win.

Yeah ... somebody's in denial all right!

If I could award you plus rating points on a per word basis, you'd have just accumulated a 100,000 of said points!

Thanks for saying what I would like to have written here a moment ago!

Old 04-14-2019, 04:08 PM
bu2

10,769 posts, read 7,116,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Roll View Post
It's not just payback. It's an effort to take some powerful and rising Democrats down a notch who some conservatives may regard as mortal threats to continued Republican control and dominance over Georgia's political scene.

After winning the 2018 Governor's Race by only about 55,000 votes and seeing more statewide races be the most closely contested by Democrats that they have been in about a decade, Republicans are feeling some pressure and sensing a lot of rising threats to their continued control over and dominance in Georgia politics.

The Georgia GOP apparatus views Stacey Abrams as being the biggest threat to Republican control and dominance in Georgia... So Stacey Abrams is going to be the biggest target of any GOP efforts to suppress future Democratic challenges to continued GOP control and dominance of Georgia politics.
"...Emadi says the commission investigated complains lodged against Republican Brian Kemp's campaign for governor, but found no sustainable allegations....

Emadi pushes back saying his office looks into complaints irrespective of partisan ties.

Emadi says the ethics commission also has active investigations ongoing into complaints made against "all" the candidates for Atlanta Mayor who ran in 2017, including Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms...."

Sound like the Democrats filed the first complaints. Republicans are returning the favor.

Old 04-14-2019, 04:09 PM
bu2

10,769 posts, read 7,116,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingImport View Post
Agree with Iconographer. Change is a comin’ ..and change from the stale corrupt status quo. Bring it on.
So Democrats will take over the state government and Republicans will take over Fulton and Dekalb County?

Old 04-14-2019, 04:11 PM

448 posts, read 126,741 times
Quote:
This “lady” (with a doctoral degree in LAW from HARVARD) came within 54,000 votes of being elected the FIRST female African-American governor in the country --- IN GEORGIA -- a once solidly DEEP RED state in the heart of the DEEP SOUTH! She won EVERY urban county in the state (70 percent of her total) and 65 percent of all voters ages 18-34. 25 percent of WHITE voters and 62 percent of LATINO voters. She got a larger percentage of the college educated vote (54 percent with bachelors degrees and 60 percent with advance degrees) including 40 percent of WHITE college graduate. Kemp's voters on the other hand were largely rural (58 percent) over 50 (60 percent) and uneducated (80 percent of all women and men without college degrees).

Stacy Abrams didn't win but she made history .... and MILLIONS of Georgians want EVERYTHING to do with her!
Can I get an amen?

Some folks are a bit afraid of this lady's power. They should be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia