Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2019, 03:25 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,029,445 times

Advertisements

Widely reported, so will not bother linking. She says there are better ways to continue the ‘fight’. Speculation she may be asked to run as VP on Democratic ticket, or even as presidential candidate.

Who knows?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2019, 07:54 AM

815 posts, read 702,492 times
I think she was incredibly selfish to wait so long to announce her plans re the Senate race. Many other potential democratic challengers have been waiting on her decision so they could begin to organize and fundraise. This is now a competitive seat for Democrats and they need all of the help they could get.

It seems that she is really serious about being Biden's VP. To me this seems to be an obvious ploy to get the support of black voters in the South in the primary. However, I don't see Biden winning the primary even if he locks up the black vote. He can't go for five minutes without making a gaffe and he has lots of explaining to do about his record. Even if he does get the nom, I would bet cash money Trump would beat him.

Joining the 20-something other Democrats running in the primary would be equally foolhardy.

Old 05-01-2019, 08:17 AM

37,800 posts, read 41,557,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDreaming01 View Post
I think she was incredibly selfish to wait so long to announce her plans re the Senate race. Many other potential democratic challengers have been waiting on her decision so they could begin to organize and fundraise. This is now a competitive seat for Democrats and they need all of the help they could get.
They should have begun organizing and fundraising in any case; that seems like the prudent thing to do. Why would that be contingent on her decision?

Quote:
It seems that she is really serious about being Biden's VP. To me this seems to be an obvious ploy to get the support of black voters in the South in the primary. However, I don't see Biden winning the primary even if he locks up the black vote. He can't go for five minutes without making a gaffe and he has lots of explaining to do about his record. Even if he does get the nom, I would bet cash money Trump would beat him.

Joining the 20-something other Democrats running in the primary would be equally foolhardy.
I think Biden definitely has what it takes to beat Trump. What are gaffes compared to the intentionally offensive statements that Trump makes? And if he locks up the Black vote, he's pretty much going to be the nominee. There's really no path to the Dem nomination without locking up the Black vote.

Old 05-01-2019, 11:15 AM

4,582 posts, read 8,930,172 times
I agree regarding Biden. I think Sanders would be a better race against Trump. Hopefully Abrams teams up with him.

Old 05-01-2019, 11:24 AM

8,302 posts, read 5,631,002 times
"Incredibly selfish" is a good way to describe Abrams.

I liked Abrams at first, but the more exposure she gets, the less ethusiastic I become about her.

She's increasingly making it all about her and her career aspirations, not what's best or practical for the people she claims to want to represent.

Last edited by citidata18; 05-01-2019 at 12:08 PM..

Old 05-01-2019, 12:02 PM

5,616 posts, read 8,582,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citidata18 View Post

I liked Abrams at first, but the more exposure she gets, the less ethusiastic I become about her.

She's increasingly making it all about her and her career aspiratioms, not what's best or practical for the people she claims to want to represent.
Agreed. She is beyond annoying at this point.

Old 05-01-2019, 12:11 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,113,334 times
Quote:

She's increasingly making it all about her and her career aspirations, not what's best or practical for the people she claims to want to represent.
I'm surprised you didn't see this before the election - especially when Oprah jetted in.

The fact that she ran for governor with her personal finances in disarray tells you a lot about her mindset.

Old 05-01-2019, 12:17 PM

8,302 posts, read 5,631,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
I'm surprised you didn't see this before the election - especially when Oprah jetted in.

The fact that she ran for governor with her personal finances in disarray tells you a lot about her mindset.
If given the choice again, I would still vote for her as governor over her competitor.

But yes, it definitely would be a compromise choice.

Old 05-01-2019, 12:32 PM

2,324 posts, read 2,893,463 times
Surely she'll still find a way to cry "voter suppression" even though she's not even running

Old 05-01-2019, 12:53 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,029,445 times
I have avoided saying this, simply out of fear of being labeled something caricaturish. Truth of the matter is everything about Ms Abrams shouts careerist politician.

Even the brouhaha about the closing of polling locations was ginned up to play to a stereotype. Pols are good at that. The truth is polling locations were being adjusted for several years, across many counties. I believe it was 2012 or 13 when Forsyth County both closed and combined several locations. These were County decisions, based on efficiency, management and cost, though encouraged by the state.

I did not bother mentioning this during the 2018 gubernatorial race for the aforementioned reason. What’s the point? Now, is the time though, as the bread crumb trail to Ms Abram’s raison d'être is becoming evident.

Quote:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
View detailed profiles of: