Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2019, 05:53 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,232,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post

Do you want to present yourself as a unifier or divider to the middle, especially given the current political climate?
You cater to your base by being a divider, but at this stage she should have remained ambiguous. I agree it will be used against her just like Abrams’ quote “If we change Georgia, we change the South; if we change the South, we change America.”

She is not Stacy Abrams, and shouldn’t try to replicate her formula, including getting support from Hollywood elite. Run on her record and give open-minded voters a choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2019, 07:17 PM

2,250 posts, read 2,159,185 times
I'm a Democrat who can admit that she was horrible for Columbus.

Old 05-03-2019, 08:08 PM

8,302 posts, read 5,696,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountain-of-youth View Post
I'm a Democrat who can admit that she was horrible for Columbus.
Do you mind elaborating?

I ask because a poster above from Columbus seems to hold a different opinion.

Old 05-03-2019, 08:54 PM

2,250 posts, read 2,159,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citidata18 View Post
Do you mind elaborating?

I ask because a poster above from Columbus seems to hold a different opinion.
She could NEVER balance the budget.
She didn't care about crime.
In her 8 years as mayor,columbus working pop decreased from 128k to 122k.
All she care about is spending(we voted against her in 2016 to thaw the tax freeze)
The last time Columbus voted for a proposal by her was in 2014 for the TAD projects.
Finally she used being mayor as a platform to further gain her political career.

Old 05-04-2019, 08:43 AM

1,054 posts, read 880,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
It doesn't matter whether they're listening at this point or not. She's on record as having said it, and the opposition will most certainly use this and other such statements in future to paint her as a liberal demagogue to swing voters.
And did you actually read her statement? To say that you want to 'turn the state blue in 2020' is a bit more expansive a statement than 'to win'. It suggests that she wants to put as many Democrats in elected state offices as possible and tip the balance of power. Not a judgment on my part, but I do agree with markjames' statement that it might not be the best strategy.
Gov. Kemp last year spoke multiple times about building a big red wall in Georgia. Any swing voters who are going to be offended by Tomlinson saying what she said enough to vote for Kemp, don't really sound like genuine swing voters to me.

Old 05-04-2019, 09:27 AM

23,447 posts, read 44,056,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayHey View Post
Gov. Kemp last year spoke multiple times about building a big red wall in Georgia. Any swing voters who are going to be offended by Tomlinson saying what she said enough to vote for Kemp, don't really sound like genuine swing voters to me.
Kemp doesn't get a pass, either.
Why do you think the election was so close? That was a bellwether change in voter behavior for this state. Sounds to me like swing voters responded in kind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
View detailed profiles of: