U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-02-2019, 11:19 AM
 
4,704 posts, read 1,717,413 times
Reputation: 3170

Advertisements

Sooo glad I didn't buy a house.

https://www.vulture.com/2019/06/the-...ll-passes.html

 
Old 06-02-2019, 01:21 PM
 
Location: St Simons Island, GA
23,125 posts, read 36,381,158 times
Reputation: 15465
Quote:
Originally Posted by citidata18 View Post
So far, all I've seen out of the film community over this is threats and political posturing. I can't imagine that they would act on this until they see the legal ramifications of the Heartbeat Bill play out.
 
Old 06-02-2019, 01:24 PM
 
4,704 posts, read 1,717,413 times
Reputation: 3170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
So far, all I've seen out of the film community over this is threats and political posturing. I can't imagine that they would act on this until they see the legal ramifications of the Heartbeat Bill play out.
The bill doesn't take effect until January 1, 2020.

They are banking on the bill being tied up in the courts, but there's no guarantee that will happen (a stay), or even a guarantee the bill will be struck down.
 
Old 06-02-2019, 01:31 PM
 
Location: St Simons Island, GA
23,125 posts, read 36,381,158 times
Reputation: 15465
Quote:
Originally Posted by citidata18 View Post
The bill doesn't take effect until January 1, 2020.

They are banking on the bill being tied up in the courts, but there's no guarantee that will happen, or even a guarantee the bill will be struck down.
Which is why I don't expect them to retaliate any time soon. They are pretty heavily invested here, as are a great many other major productions. They have built out sets, leased studios, hired local labor, casting agencies, actors and other forms of local support. They would have to walk away from of that and start over in another state. I can't imagine that TPTB at AMC are all that high-minded in their principles.
 
Old 06-02-2019, 01:34 PM
 
4,704 posts, read 1,717,413 times
Reputation: 3170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
Which is why I don't expect them to retaliate any time soon. They are pretty heavily invested here, as are a great many other major productions. They have built out sets, leased studios, hired local labor, casting agencies, actors and other forms of local support. They would have to walk away from of that and start over in another state. I can't imagine that TPTB at AMC are all that high-minded in their principles.
They can always move back to CA temporarily, or at least some place like NM that's also offering film incentives. If they can't get actors to film in Georgia because of the heartbeat bill, all of that other stuff you mentioned is a non-factor.

BTW, if you don't think it can happen, look no further than NC after they passed the Bathroom Bill.
 
Old 06-02-2019, 01:58 PM
 
Location: St Simons Island, GA
23,125 posts, read 36,381,158 times
Reputation: 15465
Quote:
Originally Posted by citidata18 View Post
They can always move back to CA temporarily, or at least some place like NM that's also offering film incentives. If they can't get actors to film in Georgia because of the heartbeat bill, all of that other stuff you mentioned is a non-factor.

BTW, if you don't think it can happen, look no further than NC after they passed the Bathroom Bill.
It's an easier proposition to cancel a sporting event, convention or a proposed corporate relo than it is to pull the plug on a major TV production that's been established here for ten years. Most of the personnel on the production are local; many of the actors are local talent as well.
 
Old 06-02-2019, 02:44 PM
 
4,704 posts, read 1,717,413 times
Reputation: 3170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
It's an easier proposition to cancel a sporting event, convention or a proposed corporate relo than it is to pull the plug on a major TV production that's been established here for ten years. Most of the personnel on the production are local; many of the actors are local talent as well.
There's plenty of personnel and local actors they can bring on board for production in CA, NM, etc.
 
Old 06-02-2019, 05:08 PM
 
1,497 posts, read 980,510 times
Reputation: 695
Walking Dead has sucked for years. And I laugh at how they try to pass off Fayette County Georgia as the DC suburbs

Last edited by AUGnative; 06-02-2019 at 05:36 PM..
 
Old 06-02-2019, 05:16 PM
 
4,704 posts, read 1,717,413 times
Reputation: 3170
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUGnative View Post
Walking Dead has sucked for years. And I laugh at how they try to pass off Forythe County Georgia as the DC suburbs
Huh?
 
Old 06-02-2019, 05:35 PM
 
1,497 posts, read 980,510 times
Reputation: 695
Meant to say Fayette County.The last several seasons have been set in the Washington, DC suburbs of northern Virginia but is filmed Fayette County, GA.. the same area around Senoia as all the previous seasons. They even recycle the sets and locations. As someone who lived in Northern Virginia it us hilarious how they try to pass off Senoia as Alexandria, VA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top