Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2019, 07:38 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
Instead of deflecting, why don't you simply admit that you were uninformed and wrong with your simplistic assessment of Mr. Eastwood's political character? Because you clearly were.
Perhaps you perceive honesty as being an impediment to your despotic narrative. So many do these days. I think Mr. Eastwood would agree with me.
I believe actions speak louder than words so I do not feel I am wrong about Eastwood.

If Eastwood was truly pro-choice he would not have worked so hard to put the party that is doing everything in its power to ban abortion in office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2019, 07:39 AM

23,462 posts, read 44,083,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I believe actions speak louder than words so I do not feel I am wrong about Eastwood.

If Eastwood was truly pro-choice he would not have worked so hard to put the party that is doing everything in its power to ban abortion in office.
Please tell me that you are not registered to vote.

Old 06-27-2019, 08:12 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times
Quote:
Please tell me that you are not registered to vote.
Let's see.....would I believe someone wearing a white robe and a pointy hat attending a KKK rally if they told me they weren't racist? NO.

It appears you would believe them so checkmate......please tell me you are not registered to vote.

Old 06-27-2019, 08:33 AM

815 posts, read 708,641 times
Quote:
Actually, he is not. Eastwood is on record as identifying as an avowed Libertarian that has in the past supported some Republican-oriented causes, but more often sides with the left.
Demagoguery is the domain of the intellectually lazy. Here; educate yourself:

"A longtime liberal on civil rights, Eastwood has stated that he has always been pro-choice on abortion. He has endorsed the notion of allowing gays to marry, ("From a libertarian point of view, you would say, 'Yeah? So what?' You have to believe in total equality. People should be able to be what they want to be and do what they want – as long as they're not harming people.") and he contributed to groups supporting the Equal Rights Amendment for women."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politi...Clint_Eastwood
The fact that Eastwood is a Libertarian is a distinction without a difference. In this country we only have two political parties of significance and right now the parties are extremely polarized. Eastwood may call himself a Libertarian, but it's clear he lines up with Republicans.

He has supported progressive issues in the past, but I really find it hard to take this guy seriously. In my mind he's on the same level as Trump, who also supported Democratic causes in the past. He's all over the place in his political views and people like him because of his tough guy image. He's popular with some Republicans but he's a hot mess.

Last edited by CaliDreaming01; 06-27-2019 at 08:47 AM..

Old 06-27-2019, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDreaming01 View Post
The fact that Eastwood is a Libertarian is a distinction without a difference. In this country we only have two political parties of significance and right now the parties are extremely polarized. Eastwood may call himself a Libertarian, but it's clear he lines up with Republicans.

He has supported progressive issues in the past, but I really find it hard to take this guy seriously. In my mind he's on the same level as Trump, who also supported Democratic causes in the past. He's all over the place in his political views and people like him because of his tough guy image. He's a mess.
His past statements, actions and even political contributions would speak to the contrary. In this age of Political Correctness, the New Fascism and the death of artistic and intellectual curiosity, all must tow the Party Line and those whose individualistic POVs do not line up with the parties in power must be pigeonholed, marginalized and perhaps even destroyed.
Eastwood would be appear to be such a man in this instance. This one action, this decision to remain politically neutral in his business dealings with people that depend on him for a livelihood and have no dog in this fight, must be strongly indicative of his entire political manifesto. The rabble demand it.

Old 06-27-2019, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Let's see.....would I believe someone wearing a white robe and a pointy hat attending a KKK rally if they told me they weren't racist? NO.

It appears you would believe them so checkmate......please tell me you are not registered to vote.
LOL knocking all the chess pieces off the board does not constitute a win.

Old 06-27-2019, 09:01 AM

815 posts, read 708,641 times
Quote:
His past statements, actions and even political contributions would speak to the contrary. In this age of Political Correctness, the New Fascism and the death of artistic and intellectual curiosity, all must tow the Party Line and those whose individualistic POVs do not line up with the parties in power must be pigeonholed, marginalized and perhaps even destroyed.
Eastwood would be appear to be such a man in this instance. This one action, this decision to remain politically neutral in his business dealings with people that depend on him for a livelihood and have no dog in this fight, must be strongly indicative of his entire political manifesto. The rabble demand it.
You are a very thoughtful poster even if I don't agree with you. I just don't see the things you do in him. It could be he's making a huge, wonderfully detailed and nuanced policy statements on PCness, Facism, etc., or it could be he's just a jerk. I choose the latter.

Old 06-27-2019, 01:52 PM

2,074 posts, read 1,353,046 times
Quote:
The difference is Eastwood is a staunch member of the Republican Party, the so-called party of FAMILY VALUES, that repeatedly denigrates others for what they deem sinful behavior while indulging in that same behavior themselves.

Eastwood is yet another example of a Republican who is against abortion except when it will benefit him.....then it's OK.

The difference is hypocrisy.

Is the Republican example of a real "man's man" someone who smacks his wife around, cheats on her and then pressures his mistresses to have abortions when there is an oopsie? Is Eastwood an example of the kind of man they want their daughters to marry?

Martin Luther King Jr was a serial philanderer. Was he an example of the kind of man they want their daughters to marry? See how silly this is? Many times influential people are extremely flawed. That doesn't mean that we can discount everything they do. People are human. Humans oftentimes are flawed. That's just reality. Would you say the same things about MLK that you did Eastwood?

Old 06-29-2019, 07:22 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,063,396 times
The fact of the matter is that all men and women are complex, oft with opposing viewpoints, (hypocritical, maybe, maybe not), and actions throughout their lives. To pretend any different is foolish. To insist on purity of thought and action is unreality.

Such is the living legacy of social media; to spout purist trash, while living a different reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
Martin Luther King Jr was a serial philanderer. Was he an example of the kind of man they want their daughters to marry? See how silly this is? Many times influential people are extremely flawed. That doesn't mean that we can discount everything they do. People are human. Humans oftentimes are flawed. That's just reality. Would you say the same things about MLK that you did Eastwood?

Old 06-29-2019, 07:54 AM

8,302 posts, read 5,705,570 times
RE: Clint Eastwood filming in Georgia.

Everyone besides his cult following has been questioning his mental health ever since he stood on a stage in front of hundreds of people carrying on a conversation with an inanimate object.

In other words, who cares what he does or thinks if he's probably not in his right state of mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia