U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2019, 08:07 AM

23,125 posts, read 36,397,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citidata18 View Post
RE: Clint Eastwood filming in Georgia.

Everyone besides his cult following has been questioning his mental health ever since he stood on a stage in front of hundreds of people carrying on a conversation with an inanimate object.

In other words, who cares what he does or thinks if he's probably not in his right state of mind.
#4 in the Demagogue Playbook: When your opponent challenges your POV, question his/her mental health (SEE: Zell Miller, Joseph Lieberman, Nancy Pelosi, Jimmy Carter, all of whom have been victims of this tactic).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2019, 08:25 AM

4,718 posts, read 1,727,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
#4 in the Demagogue Playbook: When your opponent challenges your POV, question his/her mental health (SEE: Zell Miller, Joseph Lieberman, Nancy Pelosi, Jimmy Carter, all of whom have been victims of this tactic).
Of the people you listed,

*One was a notorious racist (segregationist, same thing)

*2 are the puppets of wealthy/corporate interests

*One, while a very nice guy, was simply out of his element when it came to managing the problems our nation faced.

That has nothing to do with their mental health. The first 3 simply have no moral fiber in their bones while the last person would have better served the country in a role more in line with his level of political instinct.

But getting back to Clint Eastwood, carrying on a conversation with inanimate objects is simply not something a normal person would do and that makes a perfectly legitimate case for others to question their psychological fortitude.

Last edited by citidata18; 06-29-2019 at 08:34 AM..

Old 06-29-2019, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Of the people you listed,

*One was a notorious racist (segregationist, same thing)

*2 are the puppets of wealthy/corporate interests

*One, while a very nice guy, was simply out of his element when it came to managing the problems our nation faced.

That has nothing to do with their mental health. The first 3 simply have no moral fiber in their bones while the last person would have better served the country in a role more in line with his level of political instinct.
#5) If #4 fails to disarm your opponent, simply demonize them.

Quote:
But getting back to Clint Eastwood, carrying on a conversation with inanimate objects is simply not something a normal person would do and that makes a perfectly legitimate case for others to question their psychological fortitude.
Sorry you didn't get the joke. Just about everyone else I know did.

Eastwood at age 89 is till cranking out one successful movie production after another. I don't question his mental competence, only that of those who do.

He's in Atlanta right now filming The Ballad of Richard Jewell. I hope he's reading this, Magnum 44 locked and loaded.

Old 06-29-2019, 09:00 AM

4,718 posts, read 1,727,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
#5) If #4 fails to disarm your opponent, simply demonize them.

Sorry you didn't get the joke. Just about everyone else I know did.

Eastwood at age 89 is till cranking out one successful movie production after another. I don't question his mental competence, only that of those who do.

He's in Atlanta right now filming The Ballad of Richard Jewell. I hope he's reading this, Magnum 44 locked and loaded.
And Mariah Carey, diagnosed with bipolar disorder, is still cranking out hit songs at the ripe age of 50.

Point being, the fact that Clint Eastwood is still physically healthy enough to act doesn't mean he's not suffering from mental health issues.

Last edited by citidata18; 06-29-2019 at 09:13 AM..

Old 06-29-2019, 09:59 AM

Quote:
And Mariah Carey, diagnosed with bipolar disorder, is still cranking out hit songs at the ripe age of 50.

Point being, the fact that Clint Eastwood is still physically healthy enough to act doesn't mean he's not suffering from mental health issues.
How nice for you that you are the ultimate authority on such matters. I'm sure that the intimate friendship that you enjoy with Mr. Eastwood must be helpful as well.

Old 06-29-2019, 12:23 PM

8,626 posts, read 4,523,078 times
Quote:

He’s obviously healthy enough to DIRECT, which requires at least a modicum of cognitive ability. I know someone who was in one of his recent productions filmed in the area and they said he seemed healthy and “with it”.

Old 06-29-2019, 01:09 PM

15,691 posts, read 14,175,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
Martin Luther King Jr was a serial philanderer. Was he an example of the kind of man they want their daughters to marry? See how silly this is? Many times influential people are extremely flawed. That doesn't mean that we can discount everything they do. People are human. Humans oftentimes are flawed. That's just reality. Would you say the same things about MLK that you did Eastwood?
If someone held him up as an example of what a man should be......yes I would.

If MLK were here today spouting family value platitudes while bedding prostitutes at every turn I would call him out as a hypocrite.

Old 06-29-2019, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
If someone held him up as an example of what a man should be......yes I would.

If MLK were here today spouting family value platitudes while bedding prostitutes at every turn I would call him out as a hypocrite.

Old 06-29-2019, 03:33 PM

15,691 posts, read 14,175,523 times
Gotta love "do as I say not as I do" bible thumpers.

Old 06-30-2019, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Gotta love "do as I say not as I do" bible thumpers.
Bible Thumper? Seriously? I'm the most foul-mouthed, wild-ass Christian you ever met, dearie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or